Page 3911 of 3911 FirstFirst ... 2911341138113861390139073908390939103911
Results 58,651 to 58,661 of 58661
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar

On the current topic, I can see why others would dislike what they are seeing in the SE #9 preview but I don't think it's that bad. Certainly not as bad as what we've seen in the BP solo. I'd rather have a bound T'Challa take a punch from Baron Zemo, a guy that goes toe-to-toe with Cap regularly (though being brought to his knees by that punch is way too much, and I hope the cover art isn't an indication that BP will be saved by Bucky), than an unbound T'Challa taking shots from featless Z-listers and red shirts (in one of these cases, purposely).

What would be really disappointing is what I said about the cover art happening, or T'Challa not fulfilling his promise of breaking Zemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunai View Post
    Your take on it is dramatic but really interesting.

Other than that he is a live for a reason. Be it symbolism or attempts at escape/hitting back.
    It'a one of those Dr Evil moments where the bad guy really SHOULD just kill T'Challa like Zemo is suggesting. But of course the bad guy won't and you KNOW that will bite them in the @$$ hard.

But that's why you have scenes like that in fiction. You bring the bad guy up, so they can't be knocked down latter.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I think the one shown here is the official flag

do you have any idea where this newer one with the yellow panther comes from?

IMG_5016.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by robinsee View Post
    do you have any idea where this newer one with the yellow panther comes from?

IMG_5016.PNG
    It frankly looks like it comes from the Thundercats of the planet Thundara.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is there no vibranium in his mask? I would think that it would absorb the blow.
    To be honest the strength of the costume seems to vary wildly depending on who is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

To be honest the strength of the costume seems to vary wildly depending on who is writing.
    I will never understand why Marvel keep pushing this story to new readers. It was one of the weaker parts of Hudlin's run IMO
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I will never understand why Marvel keep pushing this story to new readers. It was one of the weaker parts of Hudlin's run IMO
    It's an easy modernized origin story. It's not great per say, but it's very functional.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

More than anything I think I think it makes him bullet proof. Even in the movies he was as effected by punches and kicks as Cap and Bucky.

Similar to say Wonder Woman having super speed, it'll be brought up when the story requires it to be but most of the time you can't even tell. In Hudlin's entire run I think the suit being vibranium was mentioned like once. Maybe twice. But most of the time you can't even tell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's an easy modernized origin story. It's not great per say, but it's very functional.

I actually think it's perfect in a self contained way. You got a believable death in Tchaka. You have a far superior version of Klaw. You have a big Battle that shows how capable and strong Wakanda and Tchalla is. The introduction of Shuri is great as well.

Because WitBP doles out who Tchalla is and what he represents as well as Wakanda. It's actually a really good mini hence why marvel adopted it as canon

Who Is The Black Panther is an extremely fun, action packed introduction to both T'Challa and Wakanda. If that is the "weakest" of Hudlin's run then its certainty FAR above and beyond Coates current best....