Page 4100 of 4100 FirstFirst ... 3100360040004050409040964097409840994100
Results 61,486 to 61,497 of 61497

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Bro... she's not turning heel lol. That's all just wishful thinking started by some unfans b/c i was rubbing it in their faces with the whole Long Live Queen Nakia movement 3-4 months ago (a movement which hasn't stopped btw )
    Oh preaching to choir, its just the triple agent is the closest I think they'll come to any sort of heel turn and even then I think its unlikely. Too much is riding on this movie (which has been discussed by you me and several others VERY well I think) for this to happen.

Read what Lupita said about the character:

She's a whole different character who (spoiler alert lol) Shuri upgrades to fight Killmonger near the end of the movie. And Chadwick already teased that Lupita wants to remain his only Bond girl in the sequel but that with the nature of his James Bond 007 character, she'll likely have new competition every film. lol
    Why thank you. Now I was able to Google the quotes. Very interesting, but you know, denial is a funny, stubborn thing.

Coogler knows what he's doing. Valentine's Weekend is going to be lit, Queen Nakia is going to make a lot of black girls happy.
    What more can be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Then you really don't grasp the full scope of negative imagery of a Black Man and Black Woman ( first and only Black Character in the MU to have a love interest) Being shown in dysfunction. There is a stigma in Media that always has Black men and women at odds or running off to have interracial relationships (which there is nothing Wrong with that, however there IS something wrong with showing Blacks Always at odds) and animosity towards each other
    Sometimes it's hard for non-black people to grasp it, so it is what it is. lol

It'd be like explaining to someone who never had the need to pay attention to such things why the netflix Luke Cage show has him in relationships with black and brown women, or why they thought it'd be a bad idea to pair Misty with Danny Rand... lol i can tell you how that convo might go. ;-)

Or why we bark for positive portrayals of black women so much. Or why we get on Marvel about the "questionable" depictions of Storm or the neglect of Monica Rambeau.

Some people get it. Some don't. Some choose not to. But some open their eyes even if they hail from a different background. Most black and Afrikan people get it because we have to deal with it every day. The fight never ends. And we'll never stop fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    anything is possible in comics, and she wasn't insane,
    she was obsessed and she was also young, as people get older they can realize how terrible they were acting and can change. It happens all the time. People I knew who were out of control in highschool are now nearly 10 year's later mature adults. Any one can have a redemption story. If Doom can go from a Villain to hero after everything he had done, I'm sure Nakia who had one short arc can certainly get a second chance
    So if comic book Nakia was a real woman, and she was in YOUR life, and she had killed people because she was obsessed with YOU, would you trust her and give her a second chance if she came to you and said she was sorry? And would you DATE her after forgiving her for killing people because of her obsession with you?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; Today at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Who is bullying the Inhuman fans???

Ororo loves and respects Tchalla and Tchalla is and has respected her for who she is.

Why are you boycotting the Xmen? Well I actually am not buying anything X-related either so I don't blame you. Only supporting Astonishing and BP books at the moment.

And I can't argue against anything you have to say about the X-films. I officially stopped watching those after DOFP.
    ??? Logan was a great movie

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Oh preaching to choir, its just the triple agent is the closest I think they'll come to any sort of heel turn and even then I think its unlikely. Too much is riding on this movie (which has been discussed by you me and several others VERY well I think) for this to happen.

Why thank you. Now I was able to Google the quotes. Very interesting, but you know, denial is a funny, stubborn thing.

What more can be said.
    Yup.

First it was "oh she ain't no love interest, she bat shit crazy and obsessed"

*shows reports that she is the love interest and not bad ish crazy.*

Then it was "well she's going to betray them and help Killmonger get the suit"

*shows screen caps that she's helping the royal family throughout the movie*

Now it's "well she'll turn evil in the end credits screen!!! or the 2nd movie!! or the third movie!!!"

Me:

Yes yes, I'm sure...

Yup.

First it was "oh she ain't no love interest, she bat shit crazy and obsessed"

*shows reports that she is the love interest and not bad ish crazy.*

Then it was "well she's going to betray them and help Killmonger get the suit"

*shows screen caps that she's helping the royal family throughout the movie*

Now it's "well she'll turn evil in the end credits screen!!! or the 2nd movie!! or the third movie!!!"

Me:

Yes yes, I'm sure...
    I was more like:

"Hmm. Ok."

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Someone on the Storm thread says that Coates is a ROLO fan. If that is true, I think there is 50/50 chance he'll go that direction.
    That someone conveniently left out the second part of that revelation; the second part being, although Coates was a ROLO fan, he started liking the Storm and Black Panther relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That someone conveniently left out the second part of that revelation; the second part being, although Coates was a ROLO fan, he started liking the Storm and Black Panther relationship.
    He likes it enough to bring them back together at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I was more like:

"Hmm. Ok."
    Lmao! At this point it's just embarrassing to watch. Tell em grass is green, show em green grass.. and they'll talk your ear off about how green is just blue and yellow anyway

This has been going on for years, so at this point I'm just here for Ezyo's posts and Marvell's brilliant "mental gymnastics" gifs lol. They and others like yourself keep this thread fresh and clean.

Lmao! At this point it's just embarrassing to watch. Tell em grass is green, show em green grass.. and they'll talk your ear off about how green is just blue and yellow anyway

This has been going on for years, so at this point I'm just here for Ezyo's posts and Marvell's brilliant "mental gymnastics" gifs lol.
    Likewise though your gifs are hilarious too. I must have laughed for five minutes straight at the goalpost moving one.

They and others like yourself keep this thread fresh and clean.
    Much appreciated and likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tell THAT to your X-Men fans who won't stop bullying the Inhuman fans.

That is part of the reason we don't want Storm around that baggage of entitlement and disrespect she brings with her.

Enjoy your Storm series for how ever long it lasts-I will not be supporting as my boycott of all things X-Men prohibits me from touching anything that they stain. Since Black Panther is now a stealth X-Men book-it's included.

Call me when a real Back Panther book arrives. Not books that use his name and build up undeserving characters.

Praise for all that we will get a movie that will do what an entire X-Men film franchise could not do-showcase a black people as more than background fodder.
    Agreed 100%.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Because no matter what media it just has to be Storm as a love interest because it just has too

When does her series start so people can stop faking the funk of liking anything Black Panther related( cause you know if that series doesn’t have BP in it some folks are going to expose themselves as the frauds they are )
    Succinct response.....yup.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.