Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354
Results 5,296 to 5,298 of 5298

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I think he put the greater good over wakanda yes. When he dicided not to listen to his father and pull the trigger.

this is a great team book but I want more of whats going on with T'challa and his relationship with the dead panthers and I want more T'challa vs Namor.
    I wouldn't exactly say that T'Challa was putting the greater good over Wakanda by choosing not to detonate the bomb, since 2 universes blowing up doesn't exactly serve the greater good either. I think what he did was put his own principals above Wakanda and the greater good. He did what he believed was right, even if it wasn't necessarily better for Wakanda or anyone else for that matter.

So in a sense I think you can argue he was willing to sacrifice Wakanda and the world for his own principals. That's what in the end he couldn't sacrifice, even if he intellectually believed it was the smarter thing to do. So maybe that's what was meant when it said he sacrificed Wakanda... though I still wouldn't say that's an entirely fair assessment of what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well be fair- Hudlin had an advantage over Priest.

Noncomic fans know who Hudlin is-thanks to House Party & Boomerang.

Which means his name got those trades into stores and libraries.

Hudlin proved what many have said-get a name on some of those POC books and you might see sales increase. Hudlin's run remains the only BP series to be completely traded. It actually helps Priest and the others runs to get into trade.

And brings up the question-does this make Hudlin the front runner for the movie?
    Hudlins name along probably did help a lot.

But I also think Hudlin's book in a lot of ways was just more accessible to the average comic book fan.

An 8 year old could probably pick up a Hudlin book and enjoy it just as much as an adult, but an 8 year old might find Priests stuff kind of boring at times. It's a slower pace, with a lot of talking heads. That sort of storytelling is in fad now which is why the book is praised so much after the fact, but at the time only the industry itself and a small cult following really appreciated how good the book was. It was ahead of its time.

Plus there were other factors like tying into major events like Civil War and Secret Invasion, which I think helped books like Black Panther and Ms. Marvel at the time a good deal. Events are sort of losing their luster these days, but during that era they were read hot.

None of which should take away from the fact that Hudlin was able to write a solid book. I wouldn't say it was as good as Priest or Liss (IMO at least) ... but it was a fun Panther book which in the least proved to be the most commercially sucessful.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hudlins name along probably did help a lot.

But I also think Hudlin's book in a lot of ways was just more accessible to the average comic book fan.

An 8 year old could probably pick up a Hudlin book and enjoy it just as much as an adult, but an 8 year old might find Priests stuff kind of boring at times. It's a slower pace, with a lot of talking heads. That sort of storytelling is in fad now which is why the book is praised so much after the fact, but at the time only the industry itself and a small cult following really appreciated how good the book was. It was ahead of its time.

Plus there were other factors like tying into major events like Civil War and Secret Invasion, which I think helped books like Black Panther and Ms. Marvel at the time a good deal. Events are sort of losing their luster these days, but during that era they were read hot.

None of which should take away from the fact that Hudlin was able to write a solid book. I wouldn't say it was as good as Priest or Liss (IMO at least) ... but it was a fun Panther book which in the least proved to be the most commercially sucessful.
    A fair and accurate assessment.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.