Page 612 of 612 FirstFirst ... 112512562602608609610611612
Results 9,166 to 9,178 of 9178

Ooh, Black Panther and Doctor Strange! Both definites, since I probably won't be reading Avengers post-Hickman. That leaves... space (okay, BP was always a definite - this post is referring more to Strange).

Veteran Member

No Happy Pants sightings on Battleworld.

Ah.....fiddlesticks.

Not Yet. We'll have to wait to see what Higher Egypt looks like

Veteran Member

This would be the best buddy action story......Two Kings & a Frog.

Militant Anti-Villain..

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Not Yet. We'll have to wait to see what Higher Egypt looks like
    THats in INferno right?
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...

Bleeding Cool confirms Duvenay... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...black-panther/

Well just checked Kevin beige twitter and apparently he is following Ava DuVarney so there is a possibility she will be doing BP

Quote Originally Posted by TheCat View Post
    Not personally my first choice but nevertheless this is good news even though it's still a rumour

Newbie Member

I have no qualms about DuVernay. The chances of the film being at least competent would increase,

I just hope Feige and Marvel will back off a bit and leave her mostly to her own devices. Ava seems like one of those directors who wouldn't stand for the studio heads breathing down her neck every second and monitoring her every move on a project.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I have no qualms about DuVernay. The chances of the film being at least competent would increase,

I just hope Feige and Marvel will back off a bit and leave her mostly to her own devices. Ava seems like one of those directors who wouldn't stand for the studio heads breathing down her neck every second and monitoring her every move on a project.
    Honestly though, I don't think marvel movies are where you're necessarily the right project for a director that can't handle a good degree of micromanagement from marvel and disney.

Firstly because if she's not a comic book perso goingn, they'll likely want to make sure the movie to some degree at least conforms with the spirit of the comics. And secondly because it's a part of a shared movie universe which are all linked and buiding upon each other. In that sort of enviroment moreso than the average movie, they'll be looking over your shoulder to ensure everything fits. I think any director going in will need to accept that they're probably going have to give up a little bit of their own vision to a more shared vision of the greater MCU.

I imagine that was a big part of the reason why Ant-Man has director swaps... and that was a project that director was working on for years. It's not just about finding a GOOD director (though that's very very very important), but also of finding one that's the right fit for this particular movie. If she is great... if not, then similar to Ant-Man they'll move on and get someone else that is.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly though, I don't think marvel movies are where you're necessarily the right project for a director that can't handle a good degree of micromanagement from marvel and disney.

Firstly because if she's not a comic book perso goingn, they'll likely want to make sure the movie to some degree at least conforms with the spirit of the comics. And secondly because it's a part of a shared movie universe which are all linked and buiding upon each other. In that sort of enviroment moreso than the average movie, they'll be looking over your shoulder to ensure everything fits. I think any director going in will need to accept that they're probably going have to give up a little bit of their own vision to a more shared vision of the greater MCU.

I imagine that was a big part of the reason why Ant-Man has director swaps... and that was a project that director was working on for years. It's not just about finding a GOOD director (though that's very very very important), but also of finding one that's the right fit for this particular movie. If she is great... if not, then similar to Ant-Man they'll move on and get someone else that is.
    I believe there has to be an equilibrium between the power of the director and Marvel studios. there probably has to be a form of negotiation of how to manage the BP property that would make both parties to be in compliance with each other if not then the director would have to step out which we might have known but I think it's unlikely....at least for now

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post

I hope they step IN when they need to. I really don't want a boring movie similar to what Ang did with Hulk if she tries to get too artistic with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I hope they step IN when they need to. I really don't want a boring movie similar to what Ang did with Hulk if she tries to get too artistic with it.
    Yeah for marvel movies at least I definately want marvel hands on to some degree. The directors and actors may or may not have a love for the source material but I know Marvel does. And while the movies obviously can't be entirely beholden to the comic I at least think showing that geek love actually helps the movies a lot.