just who all are the Wakandan gods, besides Bast? who all do they revere in the African pantheon? Who else has ever been active on Earth like Thor is? Bring someone to earth and let him or her have modern adventures.

I am sort of curious if those are real gods from somewhere, or if Coates just sort of made them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    sweet infant bast... the kid with the storm avi will terrorize us for the foreseeable future.

At least bp got a proper lineup from a NY barber
    It's the time for Coates fans and Storm fans as well as BP/Storm pair fans to be happy. But again, it's a BP book so BP fans should embrace it. If not, sorry. Coates will be writing BP for a long while,
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    After giving it a fourth look lol, Storms art does look kinda lazy. She is almost taking up half a page and there is not a lot of detail.
    Artist has a clean art style. It doesnt look lazy at all.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Artist has a clean art style. It doesnt look lazy at all.
    I like the art too. It's nice and clean. And it seems to suit the lighter tone that particular scene at least has (as opposed to the darker stuff in the first arc).

And I think the designs for the gods look fun. They don't just look like a bunch of middle aged guys going to a toga party.

It's the time for Coates fans and Storm fans as well as BP/Storm pair fans to be happy. But again, it's a BP book so BP fans should embrace it. If not, sorry. Coates will be writing BP for a long while,
    We don't have to embrace any old crap just because...
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by realdealholy View Post
    preview of bp #13:

coates is trying to reel me back in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    We don't have to embrace any old crap just because...

That is one of the many head scratching things about comic fandom, "but the book with your fav character because........reasons f logic"

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    That is one of the many head scratching things about comic fandom, "but the book with your fav character because........reasons f logic"
    That's why I'm a BP enthusiast as opposed to a fanatic who buys any old crap just because...
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Too bad it may never be time for a successful Storm solo book or movie

Which much sting since you're also not a BP/Storm fan, but I guess there are worse things than being T'Challa's hotling bling whenever he wants that thing...

Good for you for embracing it tho. I'll embrace the solo movie. You should too. Buy as many tickets as you can. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    just who all are the Wakandan gods, besides Bast? who all do they revere in the African pantheon? Who else has ever been active on Earth like Thor is? Bring someone to earth and let him or her have modern adventures.
    By the looks of the preview, they are the true reason Wakanda was so great, not by there own technological advancement, or the fact that they were untouched by European influence and are a look at Black potential and Black excellence.. the gods just hand held them for everything and now that there silent that is why they devolved to boko horam rape camps and weakened state needing there anscestors to save them from Tetu and the goon squad.. Coates seems to be up to his usual fuckery in the preview of undercutting Wakanda and Tchallas mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    By the looks of the preview, they are the true reason Wakanda was so great, not by there own technological advancement, or the fact that they were untouched by European influence and are a look at Black potential and Black excellence.. the gods just hand held them for everything and now that there silent that is why they devolved to boko horam rape camps and weakened state needing there anscestors to save them from Tetu and the goon squad.. Coates seems to be up to his usual fuckery in the preview of undercutting Wakanda and Tchallas mythos
    "No One Civilization"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And..... there goes my enthusiasm. You brought me back to earth...

Seriously, I know better than to get seduced by Coates Storm/T'Challa tease..but I'm just such a HUGE fan of not only the pairing, but the marriage itself and all of the POTENTIAL that a healthy Storm/T'Challa romance could bring to both characters and the mythos. Hudlin and Mcduffie were the ONLY two writers who tapped into the FUN that was supposed to be their union before it was bastardized and downright spit upon by, and yes I'm going to go there, racist trolls and the Marvel editorial team who indulged said racist trolls with the revolting manner in which they were torn apart.

So for Coates to get me back on board after I absolutely trashed his first season (save for issue 1, 8, and 12) by showing T'Challa and Orore actually INTERACT as two people who care greatly for one another would, WITHOUT even a hint of bickering, is pulling on my black nerd heartstrings...

But I am MORE than a little suspicious of what Coates has in store when it comes to the Gods & Goddeses of Wakanda. I haven't been too fond of the way Bast herself has been portrayed in recent years (Starting with the unforgivably horrible Doomwar) and if all we get is a retread of "T'Challa's failings as a King are to blame for everything", simply switching the MA for Gods, then I might just lose my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Got some links for you

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptah

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/thoth.html

http://www.mythencyclopedia.com/Mi-Ni/Mujaji.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kokou_(orisha)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Too bad it may never be time for a successful Storm solo book or movie

Which much sting since you're also not a BP/Storm fan, but I guess there are worse things than being T'Challa's hotling bling whenever he wants that thing...

Good for you for embracing it tho. I'll embrace the solo movie. You should too. Buy as many tickets as you can. Thanks
    I'll be fine without another Storm ongoing solo for as long as she's with BP, for as long as Coates is writing BP and BP/Storm pairing may not be my first choice but im happy still if its going to be them again. And i will definitely watch the BP movie..