Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like the art too. It's nice and clean. And it seems to suit the lighter tone that particular scene at least has (as opposed to the darker stuff in the first arc).

And I think the designs for the gods look fun. They don't just look like a bunch of middle aged guys going to a toga party.
    I agree with you. And actually, I was already thinking who my favorite god will be. I hope we get another BP book focusing on those gods, a mini series at least. They really look cool.
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggiyy View Post
    And..... there goes my enthusiasm. You brought me back to earth...

Seriously, I know better than to get seduced by Coates Storm/T'Challa tease..but I'm just such a HUGE fan of not only the pairing, but the marriage itself and all of the POTENTIAL that a healthy Storm/T'Challa romance could bring to both characters and the mythos. Hudlin and Mcduffie were the ONLY two writers who tapped into the FUN that was supposed to be their union before it was bastardized and downright spit upon by, and yes I'm going to go there, racist trolls and the Marvel editorial team who indulged said racist trolls with the revolting manner in which they were torn apart.

So for Coates to get me back on board after I absolutely trashed his first season (save for issue 1, 8, and 12) by showing T'Challa and Orore actually INTERACT as two people who care greatly for one another would, WITHOUT even a hint of bickering, is pulling on my black nerd heartstrings...

But I am MORE than a little suspicious of what Coates has in store when it comes to the Gods & Goddeses of Wakanda. I haven't been too fond of the way Bast herself has been portrayed in recent years (Starting with the unforgivably horrible Doomwar) and if all we get is a retread of "T'Challa's failings as a King are to blame for everything", simply switching the MA for Gods, then I might just lose my mind...
    I would love to be proven wrong by Coates, I would Love to see greatness fro. Wakanda and showing that they are powerful because they are Wakandan not because gods protect them, that's bullshit and it takes away from the mythos. I would like to be excited for storm and bp as well. But Coates S1 was shitty and I would like to say maybe he changed now but I have no reason to believe it until I actually see a change

BANNED

Bast barely does anything...she does give advance warnings and decide who gets powers but eh the Gods work differently in comics where plenty of powerful beings are running around.
    Then they do in their corresponding mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Too bad it may never be time for a successful Storm solo book or movie

Which much sting since you're also not a BP/Storm fan, but I guess there are worse things than being T'Challa's hotling bling whenever he wants that thing...

Good for you for embracing it tho. I'll embrace the solo movie. You should too. Buy as many tickets as you can. Thanks
    Well said my friend.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    just who all are the Wakandan gods, besides Bast? who all do they revere in the African pantheon? Who else has ever been active on Earth like Thor is? Bring someone to earth and let him or her have modern adventures.
    Look like they have them worshipping the Egyptian Pantheon.

And we have seem most of them before in Thor Comics.

Much like the Marvel version of Celtic gods, they were mainly foils for the Asgardians.

These versions look vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Look like they have them worshipping the Egyptian Pantheon.

And we have seem most of them before in Thor Comics.

Much like the Marvel version of Celtic gods, they were mainly foils for the Asgardians.

These versions look vastly different.
    They look cool, But the amount of Credit Coates is giving them to Wakanda's success is very off putting, If he starts trying to say they are the secret to Wakanda's might it will be another deconstruction of Wakanda yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They look cool, But the amount of Credit Coates is giving them to Wakanda's success is very off putting, If he starts trying to say they are the secret to Wakanda's might it will be another deconstruction of Wakanda yet again
    That's sort of the way religion works though. If you ask a Catholic they're probably give the judeo christian god a lot of credit for a lot of things. You don't pray to and worship your god or gods for nothing. T'Challa was called the high priest of the Panther cult, so he more than anyone else I would imagine is going to try and hype them up. That's the equivalent of asking the Pope about the judeo Christian god.

That's sort of the way religion works though. If you ask a Catholic they're probably give the judeo christian god a lot of credit for a lot of things. You don't pray to and worship your god or gods for nothing. T'Challa was called the high priest of the Panther cult, so he more than anyone else I would imagine is going to try and hype them up. That's the equivalent of asking the Pope about the judeo Christian god.
    Except no where in the history of the mythos have TPG, or bast Ever intervened in Wakandan affair's like invasion or whatever unless absolutely dire Gillis had tpg appear in avatar form, and bast People have gone to bast realm to be judged. But never have they ever said that gods provided for them. They have been ahead of the rest of the world for 10k year's by there own might.

Don't give me that BS that everything they have is because different gods provided food, knowledge, and Vibranium.
    That's Bullshit especially because now low and behold Thanos invasion and Tetus weakass rebellion and they "struggled" to get past this because the gods are gone,? We just had a Wakanda identity crisis in S1 and now he is wanting to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except no where in the history of the mythos have TPG, or bast Ever intervened in Wakandan affair's like invasion or whatever unless absolutely dire Gillis had tpg appear in avatar form, and bast People have gone to bast realm to be judged. But never have they ever said that gods provided for them. They have been ahead of the rest of the world for 10k year's by there own might.

Don't give me that BS that everything they have is because different gods provided food, knowledge, and Vibranium.
    That's Bullshit especially because now low and behold Thanos invasion and Tetus weakass rebellion and they "struggled" to get past this because the gods are gone,? We just had a Wakanda identity crisis in S1 and now he is wanting to do it again
    And I'm sure any aetheist would say the Judeo Christian god has never intervened in mankinds affairs. But a Catholic might disagree, because it's a part of their faith that their god does help mankind (or at least it's people). The Catholics may or may not be right in their belief, but the point is that it's their belief.

Not trying to get into any sort of religions debate here... merely stating that people who have a belief in their religion will pretty much always have this belief that their god or gods have helped them. It's part of the reason you pray to and worship them. If they believed their gods didn't do jack, after a certin point no one would bother worshipping them. If you're talking to the high priest of the Panther clan then yeah... he'll probably give his god or gods a lot of credit. That's what high priests do. They're sort of hype men for their god and their religion. Whether or not they're actually factually accurate is another matter... but the point is that's what they believe.

Astonishing Member

How is this all that different from Hickman's cycle of history stuff back in Future Foundation which placed Bast at the center of everything?

We aren't seeing a direct recounting of events anyway(a flashback). T'Challa is telling a story to Storm about his gods.

Who I take it are going be the characters of interest in this arc.

And I am not in the least worried or concerned about named characters taking credit/shine/whatever away from the faceless masses.

I'm not reading the comic for said faceless masses in any event.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    How is this all that different from Hickman's cycle of history stuff back in Future Foundation which placed Bast at the center of everything?

We aren't seeing a direct recounting of events anyway(a flashback). T'Challa is telling a story to Storm about his gods.

Who I take it are going be the characters of interest in this arc.

And I am not in the least worried or concerned about named characters taking credit/shine/whatever away from the faceless masses.

I'm not reading the comic for said faceless masses in any event.
    Yeah I think that's basically just T'Challa reciting Wakandan mythology... the way someone might recount Greek or Norse mythology.

Whether or not it's historically accurate is another matter entirely. But that's how mythology sort of works.

Yeah I think that's basically just T'Challa reciting Wakandan mythology... the way someone might recount Greek or Norse mythology.

Whether or not it's historically accurate is another matter entirely. But that's how mythology sort of works.
    Not when he has met his god on a semi-regular bases with witnesses(Storm and Reed). Can't claim they were gone from AvX to Secret Wars because she told him it was coming. A vision of AvX and a hint of what comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not when he has met his god on a semi-regular bases with witnesses(Storm and Reed). Can't claim they were gone from AvX to Secret Wars because she told him it was coming. A vision of AvX and a hint of what comes after.
    Sure, in this instance it's entirely possible what T'Challa said about their gods is true. Maybe the gods are responsible for the Wakandans getting food and metals and lighting the way when ignorance descents. I'm just saying at this point we don't know for sure. That could just be mythology, or it might be accurate that the Wakandan gods can be credited for all of that. We don't know yet.

Incredible Member

When it comes down to it there have been two sides of Wakanda on one end they are supposed to be really spiritual, but also technically advanced. However, they have been prone to bouts of WTF like in Priest run all the drama with Nakia village and the Jabari or Coates run with Tetu . The longest theme is that they have lost their way that's the reason Kilmonger and MBaku have revolted. Could be the reason why they are no longer around. I wonder if they will retcon the White Gorilla orisha into Thoth one of Thoth forms is a ape? I wonder if Coates is taking the American Gods route and the Wakandan deities are in mortal form?

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    When it comes down to it there have been two sides of Wakanda on one end they are supposed to be really spiritual, but also technically advanced. However, they have been prone to bouts of WTF like in Priest run all the drama with Nakia village and the Jabari or Coates run with Tetu . The longest theme is that they have lost their way that's the reason Kilmonger and MBaku have revolted. Could be the reason why they are no longer around. I wonder if they will retcon the White Gorilla orisha into Thoth one of Thoth forms is a ape? I wonder if Coates is taking the American Gods route and the Wakandan deities are in mortal form?
    We do know in the past there was a Croc god, a lion god, and an Ape god. Lion got we saw, that ended up being Hathor ... but the other two to my knowledge were never shown. If Coates wanted to, he could potentially retconning them into one of these newer guys. It's easy to do because they've never actually appeared before.

Either way I'm glad this aspect of the mythos is being fleshed out a bit more. I always felt it was somewhat under explored.