Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Alan Davis Smashes the "Savage Hulk" Into the X-Men

Legendary writer/artist Alan Davis launches Marvel's "Savage Hulk" ongoing with a story that follows the Jade Giant's initial encounter with the X-Men.

Full article here.

From the shadows I would guess it's going to be Beast, Iceman, Angel, Marvel Girl, Cyclops, Havok and Polaris. Boring line-up IMO
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.

i rather like em

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    From the shadows I would guess it's going to be Beast, Iceman, Angel, Marvel Girl, Cyclops, Havok and Polaris. Boring line-up IMO
    Well, that was the lineup when the Hulk first encountered the X-Men, so if you're telling a story about that "initial encounter," that's the lineup you would need to use.

Alan Davis + Original X-Men = my money on the counter.
    Top 6 Books Lately: All-New X-Men, Aquaman, Black Science, Five Ghosts, Cyclops, Starlight
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy
    Top 6 X-Men: Cyclops, Iceman, Colossus, Cannonball, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey

Looking forward to a series starring a more "Classic" interpretation of Hulk. I hope Bagley eventually draws him with the shaggy mop of hair in the main title, too. Not sure if I'll stick around for Starlin's run, though. Not really a fan of his stuff.

I hope you're right. That's a classic line-up. Given Davis reference to X-Men #66 I'm almost certain you are right. It's great seeing Davis' art.

does alan davis ever go bad? i mean....his stuff never gets bad! who does that after this many years? i STILL just read shit because he's the artist attached. jeezus.

Curious... Alan Davis is doing four issues, and I read that Starlin is doing four but he stated #7-10 on his facebook, so unless the numbering is possibly off, who will do issues #5 & 6? Maybe two one-shot issues.

As far as creators go, I am hoping they give Al Ewing a chance. The other creators that are tops on my list are George Perez, Joe Mad, Jerome Opeña, Brad Walker,Chris Bachalo, Frank Miller, Nathan Fox, RM Guèra, Giffen & Matteis, Greg Pak, DNA, Christopher Priest and Neil Gaiman.

I was in the hospital not too long ago for a few weeks so I might have missed some news or previews but is the Savage Hulk title supposed to be a rotating cast storyline like Savage Wolverine?

could keown possibly do 5 and 6?

Awesome line-up, IMHO.

And yes, that is who is in shadow. The actual cover was posted a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecooler2u View Post
    I was in the hospital not too long ago for a few weeks so I might have missed some news or previews but is the Savage Hulk title supposed to be a rotating cast storyline like Savage Wolverine?
    This would be correct

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Well, that was the lineup when the Hulk first encountered the X-Men, so if you're telling a story about that "initial encounter," that's the lineup you would need to use.
    You are right....it is the right way to go story size. But I just don't like the 05...especially at this period. After the phoenix saga everything got better

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Looking forward to a series starring a more "Classic" interpretation of Hulk. I hope Bagley eventually draws him with the shaggy mop of hair in the main title, too. Not sure if I'll stick around for Starlin's run, though. Not really a fan of his stuff.
    I always did like that hairstyle for the Hulk.