Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1201
  1. #871
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.
    Like i said i clearly disagree with these views.






    Getting back to these posts.
    Good and positive posts from Tien Long and Cronus.
    Thanks for the shout out mace11! Yeah, Blue Marvel has certainly won me over. I see someone who is strong, confident, powerful, and intelligent. I can easily see him engaging in conversions about multiverse, Negative Zone/Neutral Zone this and that with Reed Richards. He'd make a great mentor for new characters like Moon Girl and Iron Heart or new teams like the Young Avengers and the Future Foundation.

    Plus, he's in a relationship with Spectrum now, right? If so, that's really awesome as well. Spectrum is another one of my favorites and I'm glad, SO GLAD that she's getting the attention that she deserves. If both Dr. Bashear and Monica are featured prominently in the Ultimates series, then I think I'll check it out .

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    You know what surprises me...no one's had him as the power house on a direct Avengers team. Like, why not...he's a stronger Superman figure then Sentry and makes more sense. Why not have him be the muscle along with Mighty Thor?
    Yes, he could be the muscle like a Thor. There's nothing wrong with that. The more I think about it though...............man, he should be the leader .
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  2. #872
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Question... Can Blue Marvel transmute matter/elements?

  3. #873
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Question... Can Blue Marvel transmute matter/elements?
    That hasn't been documented on panel, but the truth is, not all of Blue Marvel's abilities have been catalogued.

    There is certainly room for a writer to take Blue Marvel's powerset and interpret it a number of different ways. For example, we all know that as part of the Marvel mythos of human evolution, all humans will one day evolve to have any number of psionic and matter manipulation abilities. We see that with the High Evolutionary, the Eternals, the Futurist (from the pages of classic FF) and several other beings that were vaulted to the pinnacle of human evolution. Well, we know that the accident that gave Blue his powers vastly evolved him as well. His senses are incredibly enhanced. He doesn't need to eat or sleep, or even, presumably, to dream. (Not even the Silver Surfer and other heralds of Galactus can say that.) A writer might connect the dots and establish that not only does Blue have the mental ability to manipulate matter, or the scientific knowledge to know how to transmute elements, but because he is also capable of unleashing vast quantities of pure energy to fuel the process, he can, indeed, transmute elements. We know that he can already manipulate matter and subatomic particles at some level. To what extent is the only real question.

  4. #874
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Question... Can Blue Marvel transmute matter/elements?
    It would make for a pretty cool opening splash page if we saw Blue Marvel using his particle manipulation/transmutation powers to create an engagement ring for Monica.

    (No, their relationship is not that far along yet, but it might be years before we see these two in a book again.)

  5. #875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Question... Can Blue Marvel transmute matter/elements?
    that would be nice if he had Firestorm-type powers. Why not?

    I'm still wanting an adventure with the Silver Surfer and other cosmic heroes like the Guardians of the Galaxy.

  6. #876
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    I don't see why he could. I figure he MIGHT be able to fashion something with tech to give him a similar appearing ability that he could power. But just through his powers? There's no reason for him to be able to transmute. He ALREADY has a power lottery going on.

    He's HILARIOUSLY strong.
    And is a GENIUS.
    AND can project energy to an indeterminate degree, but it's strong enough to power Carol to Binary form.

    Y'know what's done that in the past? A STAR and an amalgamation of millions of mutant powers.

    I love him but he DEFINITELY doesn't need any more powers until he gets regular story appearances again.

  7. #877
    Fantastic Member Harsh Lesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    MU is sitting on a gold mine in Blue Marvel, and I am disappointed they are not making a greater effort to push his character. He's one of their strongest heroes, has a genius and empathetic backstory while carrying a persona that defies conventional stereotypes in such a way that it accomplishes their efforts at diversify their lineup without giving voice to "swj" complaints. Yet, here we sit, with the Ultimates canceled and no rumors of him being used in any meaningful way in the future. A shame, truly, because his character has so much potential.

  8. #878
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I don't see why he could. I figure he MIGHT be able to fashion something with tech to give him a similar appearing ability that he could power. But just through his powers? There's no reason for him to be able to transmute. He ALREADY has a power lottery going on.

    He's HILARIOUSLY strong.
    And is a GENIUS.
    AND can project energy to an indeterminate degree, but it's strong enough to power Carol to Binary form.

    Y'know what's done that in the past? A STAR and an amalgamation of millions of mutant powers.

    I love him but he DEFINITELY doesn't need any more powers until he gets regular story appearances again.
    And yet Thor with Mjolnir can do everything that BM can do and then a bazillion other things that he can't. And that's not even scratching the surface of what Thor can do as the son of Gaea. And have we even seen everything that the Silver Surfer can do with the Power Cosmic? Or Sentry?? It's all relative. Yes, Blue Marvel has an incredible power set, but when you look at his peers, the feats that we've yet seen with his powers are kind of "Meh."

  9. #879
    Fantastic Member Harsh Lesson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And yet Thor with Mjolnir can do everything that BM can do and then a bazillion other things that he can't. And that's not even scratching the surface of what Thor can do as the son of Gaea. And have we even seen everything that the Silver Surfer can do with the Power Cosmic? Or Sentry?? It's all relative. Yes, Blue Marvel has an incredible power set, but when you look at his peers, the feats that we've yet seen with his powers are kind of "Meh."
    Thor is Marvel's flagship herald level hero. Their equivalent to Superman, if you will. To pale next to him as it regards to feats is no insult to BM, who's only 10 years into his publication history. The same applies to Surfer for the most part, but Sentry was killed by a giant lightning bolt from Thor...

  10. #880
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Thor is Marvel's flagship herald level hero. Their equivalent to Superman, if you will. To pale next to him as it regards to feats is no insult to BM, who's only 10 years into his publication history. The same applies to Surfer for the most part, but Sentry was killed by a giant lightning bolt from Thor...
    All good points, but my point still stands that Thor/Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, Sentry and several others that are in the same peer class as Blue Marvel all have a plethora of abilities, some of which bear no rhyme or reason to the character's base power set. I see nothing wrong with BM having a diverse power set...perhaps even more diverse than has been shown, since he's a brilliant scientist who could devise antimatter-based enhancements to further bolster his toolkit. I know he doesn't need more powers, but I'm not going to knock it if a writer comes along and establishes that BM can turn intangible, or manipulate gravimetric fields, or teleport, or has innate psionic defenses that prevent any psi, no matter how powerful, from reading his thoughts or taking control of his mind. I'm a sucker for really powerful characters, but I'm an even bigger sucker for x-factors... like the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets... or Namor being able to generate bio-electricity. So why not give him the power to transmute elements, or achieve really esoteric output by affecting the negative charge of atoms for a variety of affects, chemical and otherwise? It's all in good fun.

  11. #881
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    If they ever do a Blue Marvel comics taking place at different times, 60s Blue Marvel should asspull a new power in very issue, like Thor or Supes used to do, while modern Blue Marvel would only use his fists and energy projection

  12. #882
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    If they ever do a Blue Marvel comics taking place at different times, 60s Blue Marvel should asspull a new power in very issue, like Thor or Supes used to do, while modern Blue Marvel would only use his fists and energy projection
    Cosigned. I'd probably write Blue Marvel like the Martian Manhunter of the Marvel Universe in 1960s America.

    To be honest, in the issue when Blue fought King Hyperion, I was surprised to see him able to go all Green Lantern and form energy constructs out of anti-matter energy. One strong enough to snatch a baby out of King Hyperion's clutches, but gentle enough not to harm the baby at all. I'd like to see more of that sort of thing.

  13. #883
    Incredible Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    597

    Default

    I agree with previous post that echoed the sentiment of keeping the powerset he has but show the diversity of effects he can work with them. I thought that we were going to see Ewing blow the lid off his powers while keeping displays of Adam's raw strength on the low.

  14. #884
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    All good points, but my point still stands that Thor/Beta Ray Bill, Surfer, Sentry and several others that are in the same peer class as Blue Marvel all have a plethora of abilities, some of which bear no rhyme or reason to the character's base power set. I see nothing wrong with BM having a diverse power set...perhaps even more diverse than has been shown, since he's a brilliant scientist who could devise antimatter-based enhancements to further bolster his toolkit. I know he doesn't need more powers, but I'm not going to knock it if a writer comes along and establishes that BM can turn intangible, or manipulate gravimetric fields, or teleport, or has innate psionic defenses that prevent any psi, no matter how powerful, from reading his thoughts or taking control of his mind. I'm a sucker for really powerful characters, but I'm an even bigger sucker for x-factors... like the madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets... or Namor being able to generate bio-electricity. So why not give him the power to transmute elements, or achieve really esoteric output by affecting the negative charge of atoms for a variety of affects, chemical and otherwise? It's all in good fun.
    THe more powerful they make him, the more he'll get jobbed.

    Look at Silver Surfer. On paper he's arguably the most powerful hero. But is there a hero in all of marvel that gets jobbed more than him? By jobbed I don't mean losing so much as I mean losing fights he theoretically should be able to win easily.

    If you give BM the ability to transmute matter, the next time he's struggleing in a fight readers will be wondering why doesn't BM turn the person he's fighting into a Snickers Bars (the way Surfer can if he feels like it). Sentry also had the power to manipulate matter on a level even beyond the Molecule Man in Dark Avengers... unless he's fighting something short of Galactus that guy shouldn't ever come even close to losing a fight. But his ability is ignore. Just like it is with the Surfer. And if BM gets it, it'll almost certainly be ignored 99% of the time with him too.

    Adding this sort of thing almost never adds anything to the character. More often than not, it just makes it harder to show the character struggler against something unless they're simply being jobbed out.

  15. #885
    Astonishing Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the cosmic shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    3,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THe more powerful they make him, the more he'll get jobbed.

    Look at Silver Surfer. On paper he's arguably the most powerful hero. But is there a hero in all of marvel that gets jobbed more than him? By jobbed I don't mean losing so much as I mean losing fights he theoretically should be able to win easily.

    If you give BM the ability to transmute matter, the next time he's struggleing in a fight readers will be wondering why doesn't BM turn the person he's fighting into a Snickers Bars (the way Surfer can if he feels like it). Sentry also had the power to manipulate matter on a level even beyond the Molecule Man in Dark Avengers... unless he's fighting something short of Galactus that guy shouldn't ever come even close to losing a fight. But his ability is ignore. Just like it is with the Surfer. And if BM gets it, it'll almost certainly be ignored 99% of the time with him too.

    Adding this sort of thing almost never adds anything to the character. More often than not, it just makes it harder to show the character struggler against something unless they're simply being jobbed out.
    Let's be honest: all of the elite characters get jobbed. All of them. That makes this a neutral point to me. It's going to happen. It's just a question of when.

    Some here have argued that Ewing diminished Blue anyway. Take all of the encounters in Ultimates2. Did he do anything at all? Heck, I'd rather him be able to at least turn Thanos' helmet into bunny ears or something. He was a nonfactor against everyone he faced in the pages of Ultimates, except for Ultimate Hulk, who isn't in the same class obviously. And what esoteric power did he use to drop UH? A punch. Wow. Big deal. No, I'll keep ringing the bell for more diverse powers, even if it means that he's not as strong. If I want to see a puncher, I'll read Luke Cage. I expect more awesome cosmic stuff from someone like Blue Marvel. And I don't mean using him as support staff to help power up Carol to Binary mode. If she can't reach those same power levels on her own, then she shouldn't have been on the team.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •