Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sure - Thor is a solid 6'6" or more, and weighs something like 700 pounds thanks to denser Asgardian flesh. Adam is supposed to be 6'3", 250 lbs., according to wiki sources. Both of those heights pass the eye test - Thor towers over Captain America, and Adam isn't any larger than Superman/CM-type people. Speed equalized, the bigger, longer, heavier combatant has a significant edge.
    500 pounds is nothing to guys this strong though. That weight difference practically doesn't exist. Also, Adam might be more durable than Thor. Dude has some sick feats in that department as I recall.

Now reach may be relevant, as is hand to hand skill. Also, does Adam retain his flight there?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    500 pounds is nothing to guys this strong though. That weight difference practically doesn't exist. Also, Adam might be more durable than Thor. Dude has some sick feats in that department as I recall.

Now reach may be relevant, as is hand to hand skill. Also, does Adam retain his flight there?
    I'm leery that Adam is MORE durable than Thor. Thor has done stuff like chill out in suns, take continent-offing shots, etc. I'm not claiming he's more durable, either, just that they are both class 100 bricks, and the difference in durability is extremely small if it exists.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

I'm leery that Adam is MORE durable than Thor. Thor has done stuff like chill out in suns, take continent-offing shots, etc. I'm not claiming he's more durable, either, just that they are both class 100 bricks, and the difference in durability is extremely small if it exists.
    Don't forget the recent "shrugs off a blow that shook the planet they were on".

Dude is pretty consistent across media of being even tougher than he is strong.

Black Adman has some crazy stuff too, though. Remaining conscious as people open football field sized tesseracts in his head and stuff.

Black Adman has some crazy stuff too, though. Remaining conscious as people open football field sized tesseracts in his head and stuff.
    Exactly my point - they both have crazy stuff, it would be really hard to decisively give an advantage to one over the other.

The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Exactly my point - they both have crazy stuff, it would be really hard to decisively give an advantage to one over the other.
    Thor still has his teeth, though.

Is that a nuBlack Adam feat?

Has Adam always had the ability to project Energy or is this a Nu-thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Has Adam always had the ability to project Energy or is this a Nu-thing?
    Post Crisis Adam has had a decent facility with the lightning, but it's more rolled off his punches, charged them up, or let him light his entire body up, M Bison Psycho Crusher style.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Wait A Minute! They are making my boy look like a punk? Pre-Nu BA was a... well... a BA (Bad A**).... please give some background to this fight.
    The fight briefly starts in another book (I think the Black Adam Villains Month issue?) and carried over to Forever Evil. NuBA hasn't done so well against NuUltraman. It's not clear how much time passes from the jaw-breaking fight to the rematch starting in FE #6, but Adam's jaw still hasn't healed fully by the end of FE #6.

The Last Kryptonian Matt the Manly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    Is that a nuBlack Adam feat?
    Im pretty sure this happened in 52

I forget,does Thor's berserker rage which has not been used in years. Does it increase his durability or strength or both?

Warrior Madness is an across the board lift, but it's very rare to come upon him. Thor's been outright murderously enraged plenty of times without it kicking in.

without the speed being equalized. Does warrior's madness give enough of a lift that it can make the battle have a different outcome between Thor and Black Adam?