Page 518 of 541 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 8103

Thread: The FLASH

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I've enjoyed a lot of season 3 and and still hopeful it'll pull through a solid conclusion next week .
    Fingers and toes crossed at this point, Frontier, since last night's episode left something to be desired.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

I was hoping they'd avoid the killing of Iris.
    Oh well, at least I can still hope to see Cisko keeps his hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I've enjoyed a lot of season 3 and and still hopeful it'll pull through a solid conclusion next week .
    A lot, yeah, I'm right there with you on that one, even though this is the most disappointed I've been with a season from this show.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Please turn off your ad block, ads accompanying my videos are how I earn money

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I was hoping they'd avoid the killing of Iris.
    Oh well, at least I can still hope to see Cisko keeps his hands.A lot, yeah, I'm right there with you on that one, even though this is the most disappointed I've been with a season from this show.
    Same here. Not even close. Most disappointing season so far, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

What was it, 3 or 4 episodes getting a weapon that turns out to be useless? And i still haven't figured out why evil Barry is evil, except ...because reasons.
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What was it, 3 or 4 episodes getting a weapon that turns out to be useless? And i still haven't figured out why evil Barry is evil, except ...because reasons.
    Well then you need to go back and re-watching last week's episode cause it was pretty obvious

Standing Member

While I'm not happy with the evil speedster master plot, I was hyped to watch "Infantino Street" last night. And I had a good time watching it. So I'm not ready to give up on THE FLASH just yet.

I actually thought Barry was going to leave Snart in the cell. It would have been a way to bring Snart back (they could have explained that this version is a time remnant) and make him a villain who doesn't like the Flash for leaving him there. However I prefer this Snart as a hero anyway
    There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

This has been kind of a lame season, overall. Some high points and things to like, sure....but...I dunno. I think this last episode really did it in for me, as I felt it was pretty anti-climactic and the showdown was honestly kind of boring. I liked seeing Harrison Wells again. And I thought HR for once had some "real" moments (HR is great for comedic relief, don't get me wrong...but I will say they have done a nice job developing him a bit the last couple of episodes).

I think the finale really will make or break the entire season. If it hits all its notes, maybe all is not lost for season 3. Don't get me wrong - this is still my favorite comic book show (and nothing else is close) but I think heading into season 4 they will do well to retool things a bit...maybe we don't need yet another speedster with a "shocking" identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I actually thought Barry was going to leave Snart in the cell. It would have been a way to bring Snart back (they could have explained that this version is a time remnant) and make him a villain who doesn't like the Flash for leaving him there. However I prefer this Snart as a hero anyway
    For a second I thought he might do something to keep him alive...but I don't think Barry wants to alter time yet again...things seem to go pretty terrible when he does....

I just hope next season they can think of a NON-speedster Big Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Supposedly they have, thank goodness .

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I also feel like this writing team can't juggle a large cast. It feels like every new cast member added will only take away from the value of another member. The more "Team Flash" members there are on this show the worse it will get. Imagine how many "talking heads" Barry will have in his ear by the time season 5 comes around... and imagine how he will need help from every single one of them almost every episode. Each additional team member just makes Barry even less competent because he will always need their help. Apparently he can't do anything important on his own other than time travel... except when he needs help from a member of Team Flash. In this season why has he time traveled on his own rather easily it seems but needed help from Jay and Wally two other times? Is it just bad writing? Maybe it is the need to give Jay and Wally some value for the episode?
    I think those moments with Jay and Wally were specific to where Barry needed another Speedster to help him, which was getting fast enough to either throw something into the Speed Force or into the future. Going back in time he can do completely on his own.

I mean, I would agree that sometimes the team makes Barry look a little less effective when he has to rely on them so much, but it happens far less now then it did in season 1 and I think they usually give enough for Barry to do or a big heroic moment to make up for it. I guess it helps that I generally like every member of Team Flash even if I don't subscribe to the "team" model of every Arrowverse show.
    So, the other week Iris says how Barry always has been burdened by tragedy and carries the weight of the world, now he becomes his own worst enemy (literally) and his love is executed in front of him. When did this show become "Arrow?" I thought Barry was the lighter one - the one who inspired through his goodness. That's how they used to characterize him and the tone of this show.

- Shado: executed in front of Ollie
    - Ollie's mom: executed in front of Ollie
    - Laurel: executed in front of Ollie (mortally wounded anyway)
    - Barry's dad: executed in front of Barry
    Now Iris: executed in front of Barry ...

what is it with these CW shows and that trope? It's "women in refrigerators" (plus one dad) all over the place, but without the pithy term.
    Not to mention Thawne killing Nora, even though Barry only got to see it play out when he went back in-time, which pretty much kickstarted everything on this show.

It's been confirmed the producers know who the villain will be and it is not a speedster. Rumor has it the big bad will be the Thinker or AbraKadabra, but also that the season will have less emphasis on the big bad and more on the circumstances Team Flash finds themselves in. My guess is we'll see the Trial of the Flash storyline
    There was a time above... a time before... there were perfect things... diamond absolutes. But things fall... things on earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, it took me to the light. A beautiful lie.

Standing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    . . . there was no time.
    There is always time.

The vital clue for me was that Barry was able to look exactly like Lyla--same voice, same clothes. So H.R.'s device is almost magic in its effects.

They could have even managed a big fake-out. Not what I think happened, but classic issues of WORLD'S FINEST COMICS and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA had everyone posing as everyone else to fool the villains. Imagine if that was the situation on THE FLASH--not merely Wally subbing for Barry or Barry subbing for Cisco or Cisco subbing for Iris, but everyone on the team (even the mssing Julian) taking the place of another. Thus allowing the causal loop to happen--which it had to, there was no escaping, it's destiny--yet letting Barry and Iris avoid its total devastation.

I do think some kind of lesser fake-out happened and a few people were involved, but maybe not everyone will survive by the end.

Mighty Member

Let this plot line end, please. If it hangs over to next season with some magic whatever to resurrect Iris - what a yawn. These folks are so damn moronic. Wally, - hey I'll go punch some guy in a giant suit of armor. Could you at least zap over to Home Depot and pick up an ax or sledge hammer before hand? Barry, I'll wait to the start of the stab to charge. Pure fighting genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Well then you need to go back and re-watching last week's episode cause it was pretty obvious
    Yes, but the reason makes no sense. A totally good person turns totally evil just because a future version of himself kills his girlfriend, so no he has to become that future version? Makes no sense.