Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Ultra_Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Knuckles the Echidna (animated) vs. Atom Ant

    Knuckles the Echidna (animated) versus Atom Ant

    Location: Angel Island

    Who wins?

    Atom Ant is a cartoon that my parents used to watch when they were children. He is supposed to be VERY strong for his size (kind of like a real life ant, who can lift up to 50X its own weight).

    You might be inclined to think that Knuckles takes this fight in a STOMP, but don't be so sure.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    I have seen Atom Ant reruns as a kid (Original Cartoon network.)

    He FLIES, and does it FAST. Like literally, he is in his ant hill, has a monitor of this guy telling Atom Ant a problem. He then FLIES out of the hill and goes where the problem is. In seconds. Literal seconds.

    And he smashes the ever loving crap out of that problem. Being so small, but hits like a souped up brick. Cartoon Mecha and tnaks and stuff. Smashed.

  3. #3
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I have to concur with Chou... this dude is a beast! His strength is not even 50X his weight... it's more like 50X a 200lb bodybuilder. People toss cars, elephants, and missiles at him... with no effort he catches them without even sliding backwards. it just stops with a dot on it... suddenly it's being launched like a baseball thrown by a world class pitcher.... His speed, strength, and skill are too much.. Durability is still like stepping on flea... so kiss Knuckles bye as he wonders how on earth he's hurtling towards the moon when he didn't even see what grabbed him.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Froggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Azores
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Knuckles the Echidna (animated) versus Atom Ant

    Location: Angel Island

    Who wins?

    Atom Ant is a cartoon that my parents used to watch when they were children. He is supposed to be VERY strong for his size (kind of like a real life ant, who can lift up to 50X its own weight).

    You might be inclined to think that Knuckles takes this fight in a STOMP, but don't be so sure.
    Has knuckles crushed a tank before with his bare hands or survived a bomb? Ant has a lot if speed too, least bullet time iirc

    So why would knuckles have this in a bag

  5. #5

    Default

    There's a couple different animated versions of knuckles..... and I have to say unless the SB version of him has something really impressive...Atom Ant is likely going to put him in a crater

    Also RL echidnas have ants as a good portion of their diet.........soooooooo that's a thing to think about

  6. #6
    The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archivalMadness View Post
    There's a couple different animated versions of knuckles..... and I have to say unless the SB version of him has something really impressive...Atom Ant is likely going to put him in a crater

    Also RL echidnas have ants as a good portion of their diet.........soooooooo that's a thing to think about
    All that does is put Adam Ant on bloodlust rage mode... knowing what the monster echidna family has done to his family for hundred's of years..... OH IT'S ONNNNN!!!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    All that does is put Adam Ant on bloodlust rage mode... knowing what the monster echidna family has done to his family for hundred's of years..... OH IT'S ONNNNN!!!

    Well,m that wasn't what I was talking about but yeah that too

    I was just pointing out the irony of a spiney anteater getting gooped by something that would otherwise be food

    It'd be the equivelent of a human getting beaten down by sunflower seed

  8. #8
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archivalMadness View Post
    There's a couple different animated versions of knuckles..... and I have to say unless the SB version of him has something really impressive...Atom Ant is likely going to put him in a crater

    Also RL echidnas have ants as a good portion of their diet.........soooooooo that's a thing to think about
    Having just watched some Atom Ant cartoons for reference I wouldn't want to eat the guy. He'd just burst from my chest and clobber me. And if I chewed, I'd break my teeth on him. Dude no-sold a karate chop from another bug who was capable of flinging human chairs at him. That's a decent level of force concentrated into a tiny area of attack, far more than my teeth are capable of outputting. And given what some of the other posters are saying, this is a low-end durability feat for him.

    In the same cartoon, Atom dodges an attack from the karate bug by zipping away in mid swing, vanishing from the screen to the extent that it appeared to the karate bug that he'd been obliterated by the attack, when in fact he'd just gone to the other side of the dojo to throw a trash can at the guy.

    Meanwhile, strengthwise, Atom does things like casually stop a helicopter that is carrying city hall. Catching bullets, flinging pianos and lifting cars, trivially. And similar stunts.

    So, it looks like even if Knuckles has the strength feats, (which he may or may not) Knuckles just isn't hitting or dodging the guy, and he's going to need some mean durability feats to keep from having his head torn off.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Having just watched some Atom Ant cartoons for reference I wouldn't want to eat the guy. He'd just burst from my chest and clobber me. And if I chewed, I'd break my teeth on him. Dude no-sold a karate chop from another bug who was capable of flinging human chairs at him. That's a decent level of force concentrated into a tiny area of attack, far more than my teeth are capable of outputting. And given what some of the other posters are saying, this is a low-end durability feat for him.

    In the same cartoon, Atom dodges an attack from the karate bug by zipping away in mid swing, vanishing from the screen to the extent that it appeared to the karate bug that he'd been obliterated by the attack, when in fact he'd just gone to the other side of the dojo to throw a trash can at the guy.

    Meanwhile, strengthwise, Atom does things like casually stop a helicopter that is carrying city hall. Catching bullets, flinging pianos and lifting cars, trivially. And similar stunts.

    So, it looks like even if Knuckles has the strength feats, (which he may or may not) Knuckles just isn't hitting or dodging the guy, and he's going to need some mean durability feats to keep from having his head torn off.
    Yeah and I'm not denying that at all.

    You just leaped at the statement I made without undestanding what I was saying with it which is detailed in the post above yours

  10. #10
    Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archivalMadness View Post
    Yeah and I'm not denying that at all.

    You just leaped at the statement I made without undestanding what I was saying with it which is detailed in the post above yours
    I never said you were. I'm supplementing your second statement with examples of exactly why it'd be a bad idea to eat the dude, and then following up with links to Atom Ant feats, which the thread in general kind of needed.

    Admittedly, the post could have used some better separation so it didn't look like it was all in response to your post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •