Super Moderator

Default "The Flash," "iZombie" Get Series Orders from The CW

Two DC Comics-based pilots, "The Flash" and "iZombie" have been picked up by The CW for the 2014-2015 season.

Full article here.

No surprise about the Flash. The only way that it WASN'T going to get picked up is if the pilot was godawful. iZombie intrigues me as a concept (I've never read the comic).

Not remotely interested in The Flash. Looking forward to iZombie though.

Yes! Super excited about the Flash. I hope we get an Arrow crossover ASAP. iZombie sounds interesting, I'll give it a try, maybe the comic too.

Constantine was also picked up by NBC. DC went four for four with their tv pilots

I'm almost MORE excited for this news than the news about the Superman sequel/eventual JLA movie. I get (potentially) 5 DC properties to watch on TV each week!! I've never read iZombie either, but am excited for it. I know it is a long-shot, but I really hope that if Flash and Constantine are successful that they could POSSIBLY consider weaving these into the feature films. I have always hoped that Stephen Amell would be incorporated into the JLA films as GA. (Again, I know this is a long-shot, but it would be cool!).

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    I have always hoped that Stephen Amell would be incorporated into the JLA films as GA. (Again, I know this is a long-shot, but it would be cool!).
    Wouldn't work. You can't have two Batman-types in one movie. Actually, it'll be three, if you count MoS Clark!

I'd much rather see the dashing, witty, charming, passionate, real Ollie in a JLA movie to act as a counterpoint to all the constant brooding.

AWESOME!!!! I will look forward to watching the Flash on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Wouldn't work. You can't have two Batman-types in one movie. Actually, it'll be three, if you count MoS Clark!

I'd much rather see the dashing, witty, charming, passionate, real Ollie in a JLA movie to act as a counterpoint to all the constant brooding.
    Ah yes I too really want the real version of a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Yes! Super excited about the Flash. I hope we get an Arrow crossover ASAP.
    I hope get some type of crossover for a mid season finale or season finale with the 2 shows.

Looking forward to iZombie but..... coroners office? Doesn't sound like the core material just hope this series tells a complete story rather than being episodic brain eating and fix someone elses problem. Still sure this will be worth a watch.

The cancellation of The Tomorrow People is disappointing and as unexpected as the cancellations of Reaper and Firefly (for me at least.)

BANNED

I shall watch them.

Super psyched about The Flash. Skeptical about iZombie. While I understand that it's been a pretty well received book, I'm not sure I have the faith that it can be done well on network television. But then again, I thought Arrow would be terrible and that one turned out to be utterly fantastic!