Page 577 of 675 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 10114

Add me to the list of excited people. But what the hell.... March 2018? That's like.... a bajillion years away.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Green Lantern Earth One is coming Hal going to be a astronaut this time.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12...tale-exclusive
    Wow, so much for the Earth One line being dead .

I'm reminded of Young Justice where the first time we saw Ferris Air they were prepping a space shuttle for communication between Earth and Mars, as I recall.

Hal as an astronaut actually seems like a logical evolution in some ways, though I'm curious to see how they'll handle Carol and how his science-based characterization will come off.

Given the Manhunters wiped out the Corps., I'm wondering who all we'll see turn up...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Add me to the list of excited people. But what the hell.... March 2018? That's like.... a bajillion years away.
    Yeah, they always announce the Earth-One books at least 10 months earlier.

I guess the book market just works differently than the direct market as Gabriel Hardman says himself: https://twitter.com/gabrielhardman/s...25843236020224
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-12-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    al as an astronaut actually seems like a logical evolution in some ways, though I'm curious to see how they'll handle Carol and how his science-based characterization will come off.
    I won't be surprised if Hal still started out as a test pilot but decided to become an astronaut to be "closer to the stars" as he calls it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal as an astronaut actually seems like a logical evolution in some ways,
    The Green Lantern analog on the Squadron Supreme (the Joe Ledger Dr Spectrum) was an astronaut and in "The Silver Age," Hal was in the space program training to be an astronaut. I would agree it's a logical extension of his thematic origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Very intrigued by "scientist/astronaut Hal". That cover is badass.

That cover...is badass..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    Green Lantern Earth One is coming Hal going to be a astronaut this time.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12...tale-exclusive
    wow. finally. green lantern earth one!

i can't click on the article, was that it say?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    wow. finally. green lantern earth one!

i can't click on the article, was that it say?
    DC Comics’ Earth One line of graphic novels continues to expand, this time into the far reaches of space with Green Lantern: Earth One Vol. 1 by writer Corinna Bechko and writer/artist Gabriel Hardman with colorist Jordan Boyd.

Earth One stories reintroduce DC’s greatest heroes like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in a fresh comic book universe unburdened with years of continuity, often significantly changing elements of each character to better modernize their origins and create exciting new tales.

For Green Lantern, the story sees Hal Jordan re-envisioned as an astronaut who seeks the thrill of discovery, yet finds himself in an unfulfilling job prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic. His fortunes change when he finds a powerful green ring and learns that it came from the Green Lantern Corps, a group that was long ago murdered by killing machines called Manhunters. This sets him on a mission to reinstate the Corps, a nearly impossible task for the fearless Jordan.

“Approaching this as an Earth One story gives us the opportunity to go back to the core concept of Green Lantern and interpret it through the lens of a modern, grounded sci-fi story while still being true to the Silver Age roots of Hal Jordan,” Hardman said in a press release. “Having storyboarded Interstellar, this is an approach I’m comfortable with and have wanted to explore in comics. Realistic sci-fi is only the beginning of this story; we have something much more epic in store.”

Whereas Jordan is usually depicted as a cocky, hothead test pilot, he’s now a scientist who yearns to make new discoveries, so how he approaches using the ring will be different.

“Hal Jordan is a smart, capable person with a space and science background who has a lot of untapped potential even before he finds the ring,” Bechko explained. “That means he’s going to approach everything the ring does from the perspective of a scientist, but he’s going to employ it for action and adventure. The result for us as writers is the opportunity to fully embrace the science fiction aspects of the story in a way that would be impossible with a lot of other characters.”

This is the latest collaboration from Bechko and Hardman, a longstanding comics duo known for their work on Star Wars: Legacy, Savage Hulk and Invisible Republic.
    Here you go.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-12-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Here you go.
    hey thanks.

i'm excited for this. i was relieved to see that he will still be portrayed as fearless.

and i like the idea that the manhunters will most likely be the main antagonists here.

Mighty Member

GL Earth One sounds really cool! Hal as an astronaut is a great reimagining.

I can't wait for GL Earth One
    Pull List: Superman, Action Comics, Batman,Titans, Flash, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Youngblood, Black Hammer

Wife's pull list: Wonder Woman

I wonder if Hal will actually have a GL costume or if his astronaut suit on the cover will effectively be it as far as his uniform?

I'm also curious how the ring will work and the Constructs given they're going to be leaning towards Hal's science-side and smarts in this take. Maybe a little more methodical and complex then we're used too...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I can't wait for GL Earth One
    I think I might be looking forward to this more than the GLC movie...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Same here .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    lol. that really made me laugh. then i realized i most likely feel the same way.