Page 578 of 635 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 9512
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Hal will actually have a GL costume or if his astronaut suit on the cover will effectively be it as far as his uniform?

I'm also curious how the ring will work and the Constructs given they're going to be leaning towards Hal's science-side and smarts in this take. Maybe a little more methodical and complex then we're used too...
    the astronaut suit hal is wearing is actually not bad. the helmet could be bulky for a green lantern, but the body suit looks great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That totally went somewhere...
    i totally hoped it did. then it went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think I might be looking forward to this more than the GLC movie...
    It's a sad reality for HJ fans.

i'm not familiar with the creative team for gl earth one. anybody here who want to share what they think? it would be much appreciated.

Incredible Member

A scientist Hal. I hope it's like The Martian where Hal would science the f**k up the green lantern rings. It would be nice to learn the science involving the gl rings. It will be good to see the relation between the energy in the rings and how much matter can be made. Maybe even connect the emotional spectrum to the fundamental forces of nature. It will all be hypothetical of course, but I love sci-fi nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Green Lantern analog on the Squadron Supreme (the Joe Ledger Dr Spectrum) was an astronaut and in "The Silver Age," Hal was in the space program training to be an astronaut. I would agree it's a logical extension of his thematic origins.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    An astronaut finding a green lantern ring makes Green Lantern seem so cosmic, I love it.

Yep people forget all this test piloting Jordan was doing both in fiction and reality the whole purpose was to inevitably lead to space exploration.

It's like modern writers(I mostly blame them) and readers put this mental break on, and couldn't wrap their heads around that or the civilian character always pointing towards exploring space!
    Like they block over 50 years of Science and Fiction development, and get stuck at: "..huh, he just flies planes, I don't get it..?"

If anything this "re-imagining" of the characters is years late, and doesn't go far enough.

The next step re-imagining of the character should already be Ferris air and pilots like Jordan pushing to test the boundaries of FTL/space/time/dimension exploration.
    Ships that can achieve superluminal speed and warp space time. And the humans who will want to achieve and explore this frontier for themselves.
    That should already be the default setting for Jordan and Ferris aeronautics.

That is the frontier Jordan should already live on and should have been recognized for. For that you will always need those who willfully and instinctively step forward to the task, that human drive and "character" is never obsolete.
    In reality and in fiction, characters like Hal Jordan, who won't stop pushing at the edge of what fear conquering will can achieve, and explore.
    It is in this contemporary context Jordan exists. That fearless will is what the ring recognized in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Hal Jordan's "job" is only in its infancy.

^These are types of experimental ships Ferris and Jordan should be "testing", the science and fiction of the DCU allows for it.

Hal as an astronaut actually seems like a logical evolution in some ways,....
    Logically, it should have happened ages ago, how are they just getting to it now? And even still just scratching the surface, it should be well beyond astronaut.

I remember this horrible thread started by Trey Strain -
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1566638

He was suggesting the "job" at Ferris and character of Hal Jordan were obsolete in reality and fiction.
    It was like half the forums brains had suddenly dropped out, and they couldn't imagine the Science and Fiction context in which the character was already always viable.
    It's there, it's always been there in the concept of the character.
    Again, if anything this "re-imagining" is years late and doesn't go far enough.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-13-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'm not familiar with the creative team for gl earth one. anybody here who want to share what they think? it would be much appreciated.
    Read Invisible Republic. I think you may like it.

Astonishing Member

Hal as an astronaut makes perfect sense, in a modern setting. Hal being into science makes sense, too.

Exploring the depths of space & even time in his civilian identity really appeals to me. Sure, he can do that with the ring, but working with others to do so with Earth science & technology is a great concept. It is a far better rationale than flying on dangerous missions in a fighter jet without the ring. This also updates Carol & her company, and gives her a lot of subplots, like dealing with Lex Corp, Stagg, and even Bruce Wayne Enterprise.

Most importantly, this would keep Hal on Earth!!!!

I wonder if they'll have Martin's death be by a botched space launch in this continuity?

I wonder if they'll have Martin's death be by a botched space launch in this continuity?
    Well, they did say they would still honor Hal's Silver Age origin, so I imagine Martin's death would be "updated" to fit the new version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, they did say they would still honor Hal's Silver Age origin, so I imagine Martin's death would be "updated" to fit the new version as well.
    Was Martin's death part of the silver age? I thought that was introduced later.

Maybe they'll say he was on the Challenger, or some sort of Earth One version of it.
    Save Ferris...

Metal variant cover by Dustin Nguyen.

Wow, so much for the Earth One line being dead .

I'm reminded of Young Justice where the first time we saw Ferris Air they were prepping a space shuttle for communication between Earth and Mars, as I recall.

Hal as an astronaut actually seems like a logical evolution in some ways, though I'm curious to see how they'll handle Carol and how his science-based characterization will come off.

Given the Manhunters wiped out the Corps., I'm wondering who all we'll see turn up...
    Well I'm guessing all or most of the fan favorite lanterns haven't been lanterns yet and will be recruited by Hal during his journey. Maybe he'll find a few surviving members who went into hiding. (Like a Sinestro or Kilowag)
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well I'm guessing all or most of the fan favorite lanterns haven't been lanterns yet and will be recruited by Hal during his journey. Maybe he'll find a few surviving members who went into hiding. (Like a Sinestro or Kilowag)
    It would be kind of funny to see Hal be the one to induct Sinestro into the Corps .