Page 579 of 635 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9512

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    The cover looks really good.

And I've heard good things about the writer's works, so I'm in.
    glad to hear that. haven't checked yet who the creative team is. although i did enjoy interstellar...

Astonishing Member

With this exciting new take, perhaps the GL line could have benefited from a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of funny to see Hal be the one to induct Sinestro into the Corps .
    It would be, but I kinda hope that he is a surviving member. It would give him some good reasoning for going bad later down the line if they still do that in Earth-One.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It would be, but I kinda hope that he is a surviving member. It would give him some good reasoning for going bad later down the line if they still do that in Earth-One.
    imagine one of the few jedi's who survived the purge, but becomes a sith lord right about the time luke discovers his connection to the force.

Mighty Member

i'm intrigued and confused at the same time with this article in bleedingcool.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...green-lantern/

so aladdin was a green lantern too? was he a member of the corps then? i imagine aladdin pre-dating hal and abin sur.

oh, and if aladdin had a genie, would dc connect johnny thunderbolt with the glc?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

so aladdin was a green lantern too? was he a member of the corps then? i imagine aladdin pre-dating hal and abin sur.

oh, and if aladdin had a genie, would dc connect johnny thunderbolt with the glc?
    That IS really confusing! On one hand it's kind of cool because the GL concept was based on Aladdin to begin with but making Aladdin an actual GLC member doesn't seem like it would work. Maybe the article got some of the details wrong or something. Guess we'll find out soon?

Although if he is a GL at least he's not another American

wait, what now? what's happening now?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait, what now? what's happening now?
    Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. LOL

Fantastic Member

Must be connected to Alan scott green lantern

Patrick Zircher is apparently filling in on HJ. Dude's gonna rock it.

So, random question, is Parallax still out there somewhere? I sort of remember towards the end of the last series during Hal's renegade time that he went back to Earth to see his brother and Parallax showed up. I think it was a alt. universe version of him. They fought and P-Lax just flew off at the end vowing to come back, right?
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    So, random question, is Parallax still out there somewhere? I sort of remember towards the end of the last series during Hal's renegade time that he went back to Earth to see his brother and Parallax showed up. I think it was a alt. universe version of him. They fought and P-Lax just flew off at the end vowing to come back, right?
    Yeah, that's just a loose end at this point waiting to be picked up. I hope they don't forget him when there's mention of folks like Wally and Superman who remember the pre-Flashpoint DCU.

Probably Doc Manhattan took care of him too. Jeez what kind of "antagonist" is Manhattan when he seems to solve the DCU's every problem.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, that's just a loose end at this point waiting to be picked up. I hope they don't forget him when there's mention of folks like Wally and Superman who remember the pre-Flashpoint DCU.
    One thing GL managed to keep even before flashpoint was its continuity. Even going into new 52, it didn't suffer the rejiggers like Superman and Wonder WOman did. It wasn't immune from crappy stories either, but at the very least they kept the continuity mostly intact. And we've seen the loose end of Krona's gauntlet make its way into rebirth. From what I remember, the Parallax story felt like something that could've been better than what it was. We never really got an explanation of where Pax came from, how he got here, any of that. He just shows up, fights, then leaves. So hopefully the big guy pops back in. I'd be interested in seeing what his universe looks like.

Isn't it amazingly lucky that all of Hal's supporting Earth based cast who live in Coast City were somehow not in Coast City when it blew up?
    Save Ferris...

One thing GL managed to keep even before flashpoint was its continuity. Even going into new 52, it didn't suffer the rejiggers like Superman and Wonder WOman did. It wasn't immune from crappy stories either, but at the very least they kept the continuity mostly intact. And we've seen the loose end of Krona's gauntlet make its way into rebirth. From what I remember, the Parallax story felt like something that could've been better than what it was. We never really got an explanation of where Pax came from, how he got here, any of that. He just shows up, fights, then leaves. So hopefully the big guy pops back in. I'd be interested in seeing what his universe looks like.

Isn't it amazingly lucky that all of Hal's supporting Earth based cast who live in Coast City were somehow not in Coast City when it blew up?
    Didn't Convergence explain how Parallax arrived in the main Earth?