Page 580 of 586 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 8778

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Convergence explain how Parallax arrived in the main Earth?
    I'm not that familiar with Convergence. So Parallax was just flying around the universe since then, roughing up the occasional Sinestro corp member? When he first showed up during that renegade arc he ran into some yellows and acted like he never seen them before. That gave me the impression like he was new to this universe. Maybe a "what if" version of Hal where he never stopped being Parallax. Interesting concept, maybe it'll be picked up again.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I'm not that familiar with Convergence. So Parallax was just flying around the universe since then, roughing up the occasional Sinestro corp member? When he first showed up during that renegade arc he ran into some yellows and acted like he never seen them before. That gave me the impression like he was new to this universe. Maybe a "what if" version of Hal where he never stopped being Parallax. Interesting concept, maybe it'll be picked up again.
    I believe Parallax went with the other heroes in Convergence to prevent the original Crisis and then just popped up into the main Earth afterwards.

It wasn't really explained all that well but I think that was one of the few aftermath effects of that event.

Isn't it amazingly lucky that all of Hal's supporting Earth based cast who live in Coast City were somehow not in Coast City when it blew up?
    it sure is. although you wouldn't really notice since we don't get them to see them that much.

Mighty Member

So, random question, is Parallax still out there somewhere? I sort of remember towards the end of the last series during Hal's renegade time that he went back to Earth to see his brother and Parallax showed up. I think it was a alt. universe version of him. They fought and P-Lax just flew off at the end vowing to come back, right?
    The Parallax from Convergence is still out there. I wonder if Venditti had a plan for his return before Rebirth came along. When he came out into the main continuity his main motivation was to protect Coast City, as he was unaware a later iteration of himself had worked through the Parallax issues. That's why he attacked Renegade Hal, he believed Renegade Hal was a menace to Coast City.

In Convergence cities representing different era and iterations of the characters in DC history were stolen by Brainiac and relocated to the sentient planet Telos. One of these cities was a Zero Hour New York, which included the Parallax-possessed Hal from Emerald Twilight and an early Kyle Rayner. When Brainiac tried to steal the a city in Futures End he was stopped and contained there. In Brainiac's absence Telos set the cities against each other in a Hunger Games kind of competition to determine who would ultimately survive. Things didn't go as planned, and the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths was changed so that the multiverse was reborn, allowing all the worlds to develop as if the next continuity altering event never happened. The cities were returned to their right times and places.

There were several characters who came out into the main continuity after this, including the pre-Flashpoint Clark and Lois along with their newborn son Jon, Telos (he got a six issue mini-series) and Hallax. Hallax guest starred in the final issues of the Telos title. The core issues of Convergence followed the Earth 2 characters (like Green Lantern Alan Scott), who claimed the now empty planet as their new home at the end of the event, leading into Earth 2 Society.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 07-14-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

I would like it if hallax were to make a appearance sometime in the future also i would love to some of the varous alternate earths post convergence like pre crisis earth one and two.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I would like it if hallax were to make a appearance sometime in the future also i would love to some of the varous alternate earths post convergence like pre crisis earth one and two.
    Maybe a body swap between one character and their counterpart from another part of the multiverse. Not sure how it would work, but getting the reaction to a changed status quo and enjoying a simpler period would be worth reading.

Mighty Member

I'd like to see "Hallax" again, but not depicted as someone flat out crazy evil. Maybe somewhat resembling the motivation of Magneto or Cyclops.

I'd be also giddy if Monarch showed up again as well, and have a 3-way confrontation with the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll have Martin's death be by a botched space launch in this continuity?
    ... that's been sabotaged by the Manhunters...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'd like to see "Hallax" again, but not depicted as someone flat out crazy evil. Maybe somewhat resembling the motivation of Magneto or Cyclops.

I'd be also giddy if Monarch showed up again as well, and have a 3-way confrontation with the League.
    Those are great story concepts.

Also, I'd love to see Hallax meet Carol.....that confrontation could go an all kinds of directions.

Miss Skyler's at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Very intrigued by "scientist/astronaut Hal". That cover is badass.

This cover is just awesome. DC should use this as basis for an action figure or a statue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    This cover is just awesome. DC should use this as basis for an action figure or a statue.
    It reminds me of Mass Effect, but replace the omni-blade with a green lantern ring.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 07-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i'm intrigued and confused at the same time with this article in bleedingcool.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07...green-lantern/

so aladdin was a green lantern too? was he a member of the corps then? i imagine aladdin pre-dating hal and abin sur.

oh, and if aladdin had a genie, would dc connect johnny thunderbolt with the glc?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    miss skyler's at it again.

great image