Page 524 of 564 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8459
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    wait a minute why is Kyle wearing his version two (hell Kyle had a lot of variant looks) costume in this picture when he just got the crap mask back? Or is this a nod or joke about how he can't choose a look? For me I go crab mask original look over all the rest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You know, I was trying to be subtle with my inner degenerate.

I was thinking of Carol wearing the outfit below while trying to avoid the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction.

damn Ivan could draw the hell out of a Green Lantern comic, I hope we can get him back some day as the regular artist of a Hal Jordan book

Astonishing Member

I think the GL brand needs writing that better integrates with the rest of the DCU.

At the very least, Hal & Guy (with their Justice League ties) should be involved with the Dr. Manhattan stuff.

Barry & Bruce should have requested aid from the GLC, imo.

On a serious note, anyone else kinda bothered that the Guardians of the Universe are not really involved in the machinations of Doctor Manhattan?

I know the story is still unfolding, but I can't help but think some cosmic force would have some inkling that something is wrong with the universe.
    Well, the Guardians are still kinda dead.

I'm not sure what happened to the "other" Guardians, but so far it looks like all we've got right now are Ganthet and Sayd, who seem to be beginning to understand the problems facing the universe right now.

I imagine, as far as the Rebirth storyline is concerned, the GL books will at least deal with the Cosmic side of it.

On a serious note, anyone else kinda bothered that the Guardians of the Universe are not really involved in the machinations of Doctor Manhattan?

I know the story is still unfolding, but I can't help but think some cosmic force would have some inkling that something is wrong with the universe.
    Super-powerful blue beings who have lost touch with their emotions? Hmmm.... Manhattan can duplicate himself... maybe he *is* the Guardians!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Super-powerful blue beings who have lost touch with their emotions? Hmmm.... Manhattan can duplicate himself... maybe he *is* the Guardians!
    Maybe Manhattan is the real reason the Guardians went so off the rails in the Johns run ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Manhattan is the real reason the Guardians went so off the rails in the Johns run ?
    maybe the aloof arrogant but benevolent Guardians are prisoners of Oz as well, those evil bastards that Sinestro killed are Manhattan's doing.

Incredible Member

Now why is Kyle in the Jim Lee dog collar outfit on the EVS drawing? I prefer Darryl Banks crab mask look.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    so glad the guardians decided to wear robes.

Two bits of news...

First, anyone curious about Sinestro's fate should check out Superman in August.

There's also a Batman and Justice League manga by Shiori Teshirogi coming out, featuring Hal as Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    wait a minute why is Kyle wearing his version two (hell Kyle had a lot of variant looks) costume in this picture when he just got the crap mask back? Or is this a nod or joke about how he can't choose a look? For me I go crab mask original look over all the rest.
    It's an old drawing. Ethan said it was meant to be a splash page from the sixth issue of the first GL Rebirth, but it was cut from the final version. Kyle was still wearing the Ion costume at the time. Sorry for the confusion, I should've mentioned that earlier.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-19-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Two bits of news...

First, anyone curious about Sinestro's fate should check out Superman in August.

There's also a Batman and Justice League manga by Shiori Teshirogi coming out, featuring Hal as Green Lantern.

Apparently they don't believe even "Justice League" can sell anymore, unless they have "Batman" in the title.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-19-2017 at 10:03 AM.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently they don't believe even "Justice League" can sell anymore, unless they have "Batman" in the title.
    Maybe in a few months, it will be Batman, Wonder Woman, and Justice League.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    The Superman/Wonder Woman romance has been retconned out... come on DC, you're not done yet.
    Exactly. Especially considering out of nowhere and awfully that romance was even written. I hope they straight up retcon it and never bring it back up
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    damn Ivan could draw the hell out of a Green Lantern comic, I hope we can get him back some day as the regular artist of a Hal Jordan book
    what is ivan working on nowadays?