Page 525 of 610 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 9144
  1. #7861
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what is ivan working on nowadays?
    Covers and the odd issue of Justice League of America I think .

  2. #7862
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Man, Hal's hand is HUGE there! I wonder if that's a side-effect of wearing the ring. Interesting that it's on his index finger - I wonder if there's a cultural difference in Japan in terms of where a man wears a ring...? (or it's just a mistake... )

  3. #7863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Two bits of news...

    First, anyone curious about Sinestro's fate should check out Superman in August.
    Huh... yeah that looks like it could be interesting. Looks like he was hanging out in the antimatter universe and maybe he stays there when it's over. Maybe not. I don't know if I'm ready to have him back messing with the Greens again though. I kinda want to see more of the other threats come and go before we get back into the Sinestro stuff again. You know what might be a good match if done right would be Sinestro vs Jessica. If it's done wrong, it would be some ridiculous slap fight that ends up cheapening Sinestro's stature. But hey, none of this has happened yet.
    Save Ferris...

  4. #7864
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Huh... yeah that looks like it could be interesting. Looks like he was hanging out in the antimatter universe and maybe he stays there when it's over. Maybe not. I don't know if I'm ready to have him back messing with the Greens again though. I kinda want to see more of the other threats come and go before we get back into the Sinestro stuff again. You know what might be a good match if done right would be Sinestro vs Jessica. If it's done wrong, it would be some ridiculous slap fight that ends up cheapening Sinestro's stature. But hey, none of this has happened yet.
    I think it makes sense that, if Hal was transported to the Emerald Space (was that what it was called?), Sinestro would end up in Qward. I wonder if Lyssa is with him?

    I think it'd be interesting to see how Sinestro would react to the united Greens and Yellows. On the one hand, it's kind of what he'd always envisioned happening when he formed the Sinestro Corps., on the other hand they're obviously never going to enforce the universe the way he would want and might see it as a desecration of his memory.

  5. #7865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it makes sense that, if Hal was transported to the Emerald Space (was that what it was called?), Sinestro would end up in Qward. I wonder if Lyssa is with him?
    I'm also wondering if this is how they tie in the GL crew to rebirth and Dr. Manhattan since this is all taking place in Superman which has been all about rebirth lately.
    Save Ferris...

  6. #7866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Exactly. Especially considering out of nowhere and awfully that romance was even written. I hope they straight up retcon it and never bring it back up
    It was just a clusterf#ck on all levels. Maybe they'll just have some kind of time jump where there was a year or two missing from right before rebirth where the two just amicably split. My only issue with a retcon out of existence is that the characters don't learn anything and you kind of get cheated out of a resolution. They've been stringing us along for over a year now leaving us guessing. The least they could do is give us some kind of ending. But at this point, I'd even settle for a single panel where Hal says "Were you dating Carol?" and Kyle responds "Nope, don't think so." and it's never mentioned again.
    Save Ferris...

  7. #7867
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Covers and the odd issue of Justice League of America I think .
    well if that is all he is doing then it is a crime that DC doesn't have him doing the alternate covers of the HJ&tGLC book instead of the crap we are getting now. Mike Grell doing alternates on Green Arrow makes sense, I guess I can see why Gary Frank does Action, but why does Nightwing get graced with Ivan Reis covers? Not hating on Dick but Ivan should be in the HJ&GLC rotation of artists at best or be the alternate cover artist for that book at least.

  8. #7868
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It was just a clusterf#ck on all levels. Maybe they'll just have some kind of time jump where there was a year or two missing from right before rebirth where the two just amicably split. My only issue with a retcon out of existence is that the characters don't learn anything and you kind of get cheated out of a resolution. They've been stringing us along for over a year now leaving us guessing. The least they could do is give us some kind of ending. But at this point, I'd even settle for a single panel where Hal says "Were you dating Carol?" and Kyle responds "Nope, don't think so." and it's never mentioned again.
    No Donna, no Jade, Omega Men might not be in continuity, now no Carol? They're going to retcon Kyle all the way back to being a virgin soon...

  9. #7869
    Astonishing Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No Donna, no Jade, Omega Men might not be in continuity, now no Carol? They're going to retcon Kyle all the way back to being a virgin soon...
    Except unlike the others, it makes all the sense in the world to retcon the romance with Carol, because she was literally the last character they should've ever thought of pairing Kyle with. Have Selina Kyle date Tim Drake next and we're even.

  10. #7870
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No Donna, no Jade, Omega Men might not be in continuity, now no Carol? They're going to retcon Kyle all the way back to being a virgin soon...
    He's still got Soranik at least .

  11. #7871
    Mighty Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It was just a clusterf#ck on all levels. Maybe they'll just have some kind of time jump where there was a year or two missing from right before rebirth where the two just amicably split. My only issue with a retcon out of existence is that the characters don't learn anything and you kind of get cheated out of a resolution. They've been stringing us along for over a year now leaving us guessing. The least they could do is give us some kind of ending. But at this point, I'd even settle for a single panel where Hal says "Were you dating Carol?" and Kyle responds "Nope, don't think so." and it's never mentioned again.
    I'd prefer the second option tbh LOL but yeah it was clearly done for shock value

    Throw it into the same abyss Superman/Wonder Woman is
    Last edited by The Kid; 05-19-2017 at 06:45 PM.
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  12. #7872
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Space sector 2814
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No Donna, no Jade, Omega Men might not be in continuity, now no Carol? They're going to retcon Kyle all the way back to being a virgin soon...
    There's still Alex...who was dead, but at least that way Kyle remains a non-virgin.

  13. #7873
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    131

    Default

    SUPERMAN #28
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by DOUG MAHNKE • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    “FEAR ITSELF” part one! The writing team of Tomasi and Gleason are joined by co-writer Keith Champagne in a story that returns to their Green Lantern roots and asks the question “What scares Superman?”
    On sale AUGUST 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T


    SUPERMAN #29
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI, PATRICK GLEASON and KEITH CHAMPAGNE • Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by RYAN SOOK • Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    “FEAR ITSELF” part two! This looks like a job for...Sinestro?! Thrust into the anti-matter universe of Qward, Superman’s only hope is the former greatest of the Green Lanterns!
    On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T



    Look at those names... Tomasi, Gleason, Mahnke... I really miss their works on Green Lantern. Hope they will give us a well portrayed Sinestro this time.

  14. #7874
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it makes sense that, if Hal was transported to the Emerald Space (was that what it was called?), Sinestro would end up in Qward. I wonder if Lyssa is with him?

    I think it'd be interesting to see how Sinestro would react to the united Greens and Yellows. On the one hand, it's kind of what he'd always envisioned happening when he formed the Sinestro Corps., on the other hand they're obviously never going to enforce the universe the way he would want and might see it as a desecration of his memory.
    As a big fan of Geoff Johns and Cullen Bunn's works, I really hope Venditti will keep his hands off Sinestro. Horrible last time. Better leave him alone.

  15. #7875
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, the Guardians are still kinda dead.

    I'm not sure what happened to the "other" Guardians, but so far it looks like all we've got right now are Ganthet and Sayd, who seem to be beginning to understand the problems facing the universe right now.

    I imagine, as far as the Rebirth storyline is concerned, the GL books will at least deal with the Cosmic side of it.
    What was the point of the other Guardians?

    Perhaps I'm looking for an excuse for at least two of the GL musketeers to return to Earth.

    Hal is a space cop, so he could have aided Barry & Bruce.

    Both Hal & Guy have the ability to get under Bruce's skin, and take his mind off what daddy told him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •