Page 828 of 828 FirstFirst ... 328728778818824825826827828
Results 12,406 to 12,419 of 12419

the biased me would have ranked first flight and emerald knights much higher. and suicide squad much lower.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You're not a proper DC hero if you don't have a mean right hook (and that's just as true for the ladies) .

I thought Lois had more of a kung-fu grip.....I stand corrected.

That look on Kal's face is priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hmm...nice art, and interesting assortment of characters .

Not many characters you usually see Hal pal around with. The most I can remember him and Dick together is, well, All Star Batman and Robin...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    In your eyes, what is the best Hal in terms of writing and art? Don't be afraid to do different eras for each.
    Favorite writers: Geoff Johns, Darwyn Cooke
    Favorite artists: Well... It's a long list. Darwyn Cooke, Jason Fabok, Ivan Reis, Doc Shaner, Ryan Sook(Spectre Hal), Jim Lee... Also Alex Ross, Otto Schmidt, Alan Davis... I think Patch Zircher did a great job on that Hal/Superman arc too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some food for thought: http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/d...ter-deadpool-2

I liked Deadpool 2 by the way.
    I've already known what the post-credits scene is from my friends... Well I think that's low. Everyone knows that Green Lantern movie is bad. Joking about it one time, Reynolds' behavior can be seen as self-deprecating humor. Too many times, he's just spitting venom as a form of catharsis of that painful unhirable period of his life.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I've already known what the post-credits scene is from my friends... Well I think that's low. Everyone knows that Green Lantern movie is bad. Joking about it one time, Reynolds' behavior can be seen as self-deprecating humor. Too many times, he's just spitting venom as a form of catharsis of that painful unhirable period of his life.
    It was also a painful time for him to film the movie, too. Martin Campell wanted Bradley Cooper and the studio overruled him so Campell made shooting pretty miserable for Reynolds. I don't begrudge the guy for taking the piss out of himself for thinking Green Lantern would be great for his career when the entire franchise was doomed to failure from the start by the studio and director not seeing eye to eye.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hmm. I like that belt and thigh holster for Dick's escrima sticks. Kinda sexy.
    ...I don't know why I called it sexy. Maybe because the whole thing kinda looks like he's wearing a boxer brief or garter belts.
    Great. Now I can't unsee it. I'm ruining this myself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It was also a painful time for him to film the movie, too. Martin Campell wanted Bradley Cooper and the studio overruled him so Campell made shooting pretty miserable for Reynolds. I don't begrudge the guy for taking the piss out of himself for thinking Green Lantern would be great for his career when the entire franchise was doomed to failure from the start by the studio and director not seeing eye to eye.
    I honestly did not know that. I don't fault Ryan at all.

The behind the scenes stuff was crazy.

It really is mystifying that WB would consider the franchise toxic, given the shenanigans perpetrated by everyone but the characters & actors.

Mighty Member

Reynolds may be venting about a terrible time in his life but stuff like this sure as fuck isn't helping redeem the property as a while in anyone's eyes when it's STILL the butt of jokes 8+ years later :/ WB joining in on it doesn't really make me hopeful for the future of GL especially when we've still heard literally nothing about this GLC movie that's allegedly happening in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Reynolds may be venting about a terrible time in his life but stuff like this sure as fuck isn't helping redeem the property as a while in anyone's eyes when it's STILL the butt of jokes 8+ years later :/ WB joining in on it doesn't really make me hopeful for the future of GL especially when we've still heard literally nothing about this GLC movie that's allegedly happening in 2020.
    when i first heard of of wb's dceu plans a few years ago, i was disappointed to hear that glc was planned the farthest in 2020.

and now were in 2018, and it seems the project has not progressed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I also wasn't' aware of that. No wonder Reynolds really doesn't look back on that movie fondly...

As Freddie Mercury would say: "Don't worry darling, it will be fine".

Hal dies like every year, nothing that he discovers "would cost him too much".