Page 630 of 676 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 10140
    Spectacular Member

I still don't think Venditti get Hal's character. In this issue Hal said to Martin "The way you died, it's the reason I fly. To prove to myself I'm not scared."
    Hal didn't become a pilot because of the way his father died. Hal became a pilot because he wanted to FLY. And even watching his father's plane crashed couldn't stop him. Sinestro once said to Carol in Blackest Night “Dispite his father's death, he flew to show the world nothing would hold him down.” Venditti just repeated and degraded that.

Spectacular Member

Okay guys, if we had to cast Hal for this movie universe who would you pick? Before Johnny starts yelling at me that Hal will never be in a movie again it's all hypothetical.

I would love Oscar Issac. After watching him in The Force Awakens again, I think he totally owns that test pilot, badass role and he'd be perfect. What do you think?

Hey I never said that. Obviously he is slated to be in the GL reboot, however he ends up being portrayed there. I was yelling about how WB destroyed his reputation and then gave him the shaft in JL. They screwed him over not once but twice. That's why I fly off the handle sometimes when movie Hal is brought up. As for actors, maybe someone like Josh Duhamel could be a good choice I think.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-14-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Here is another weird post from me.

I've been spending quality time with my mom lately. She loves NCIS. In recent weeks, I have watched over a dozen episodes with her.

Then, something funny happened. Some of the cast kinda reminds me of the GLC.

In my head, Hal is (or should be) a lot like the main character, Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Both are highly competent & devoted, but will bend the rules based on instinct.

Although, it seems like the Geoff Johns version of Hal is like Anthony DiNozzo, but I think he is more Guy Gardner. Both are full of bravado, but are good people at the core.

The character Timothy McGee reminds me a lot of Barry Allen.

The character Donald "Ducky" Mallard kinda reminds me of Salaak.

I see parallels between Ziva David & Katma Tui.

Lastly, Leon Vance reminds me a lot of John Stewart.

The dynamic between Gibbs & Vance could really work with Jordan & Stewart, especially as the 2020 film draws near.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hey I never said that. Obviously he is slated to be in the GL reboot, however he ends up being portrayed there. I was yelling about how WB destroyed his reputation and then gave him the shaft in JL. They screwed him over not once but twice. That's why I fly off the handle sometimes when movie Hal is brought up. As for actors, maybe someone like Josh Duhamel could be a good choice I think.
    wb did gave hal the shaft in jl.

i had hopes up (or was under the illusion) that hal could show up in jl. but as november approaches... well, i'm just excited and disappointed at the same time.

Mighty Member

Is that Optimus Prime GL? lol

In lower left, is that Kermit the Frog as a yellow lantern. I think there is a Spiderman GL The Thing GL and a Yellow Mighty Morphin Fighterin there too.
    Last edited by AMAZINGTFL; 09-15-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Ah, this is adorable .

Especially with the cameos .

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    In lower left, is that Kermit the Frog as a yellow lantern. I think there is a Spiderman GL The Thing GL and a Yellow Mighty Morphin Fighterin there too.
    lol. although i can't seem to recognize who the power ranger is.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    that entire issue was like something out of an anime lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It looks like Guy Gardner does not have a full set of teeth.

Did he get one punched by Batman again?