Page 496 of 531 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 7964
  1. #7426
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Gosh imagine the SJW fuckboy tears if this happened today.
    I actually kind of want to see something like this happen now.

    Everybody gets drunk and starts going on about their crazy love lives. Even Salaak. It's comedy gold .

  2. #7427
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    548

    Default

    man that is back when Wog had a crush or Arisia too, ah Space Operas

  3. #7428
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,779

    Default

    Now I kinda want to see Carol go out drinking with all of Hal's ex's (Olivia Reynolds, Eve Doremus, Kari Limbo, Arisia, Cowgirl, etc.).

    Just imagine the discussion .

  4. #7429
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    This was a nice moment, but I had mixed feelings about it. While it's true that without the ring Hal wouldn't be Green Lantern, but the truth is that without Hal the ring also couldn't do jack, let alone anything heroic. The ring is a mean, a tool, a piece of technology that allows the wielders to do the things normal beings can't. Without his courage, compassion, and integrity, Hal wouldn't be chosen by the ring in the first place. I know that what Bruce said when he was the God of Knowledge was twisted by extreme rationality, because the chair saw things in black and white. Maybe I'm being cynical, or just biased against the New 52 and their relationship in general, but I don't see why Geoff had to put in that scene. Hal Jordan is a hero, period, and it's as clear as day. There's no need to revalidate his heroism. Did the chair say that without his Kryptonian heritage, Clark Kent was not a hero, or that Barry Allen was not a hero without the speed force, or Bruce Wayne wasn't a hero without his money? I didn't like the way Geoff Johns "developed" Hal during the New 52, making him reckless and impulsive and idiotic at the beginning of the run than having Bruce confirm the obvious to prove that Hal Jordan is indeed worthy of being called a hero. To me, it didn't flesh out his character, but only made him somehow feel like he was regarded with less prestige
    Not just anyone can use a power ring.




  5. #7430
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    It's like driving past an accident on the highway. It's a horrible thing, yet I somehow cannot look away. I miss the 80s...
    I agree with you....lol!

  6. #7431
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually kind of want to see something like this happen now.

    Everybody gets drunk and starts going on about their crazy love lives. Even Salaak. It's comedy gold .
    When you look at those old panels, you really see how crazy the GL world is. I don't know why DC decided to get so blasted ultra-serious with the franchise.

  7. #7432
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I kinda want to see Carol go out drinking with all of Hal's ex's (Olivia Reynolds, Eve Doremus, Kari Limbo, Arisia, Cowgirl, etc.).

    Just imagine the discussion .
    I really want to see a modern take on crazy Olivia Reynolds.

  8. #7433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I kinda want to see Carol go out drinking with all of Hal's ex's (Olivia Reynolds, Eve Doremus, Kari Limbo, Arisia, Cowgirl, etc.).

    Just imagine the discussion .
    I'm imagining more than just a discussion if Guy's strange brew is involved.
    Save Ferris...

  9. #7434
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    This was a nice moment, but I had mixed feelings about it. While it's true that without the ring Hal wouldn't be Green Lantern, but the truth is that without Hal the ring also couldn't do jack, let alone anything heroic. The ring is a mean, a tool, a piece of technology that allows the wielders to do the things normal beings can't. Without his courage, compassion, and integrity, Hal wouldn't be chosen by the ring in the first place. I know that what Bruce said when he was the God of Knowledge was twisted by extreme rationality, because the chair saw things in black and white. Maybe I'm being cynical, or just biased against the New 52 and their relationship in general, but I don't see why Geoff had to put in that scene. Hal Jordan is a hero, period, and it's as clear as day. There's no need to revalidate his heroism. Did the chair say that without his Kryptonian heritage, Clark Kent was not a hero, or that Barry Allen was not a hero without the speed force, or Bruce Wayne wasn't a hero without his money? I didn't like the way Geoff Johns "developed" Hal during the New 52, making him reckless and impulsive and idiotic at the beginning of the run than having Bruce confirm the obvious to prove that Hal Jordan is indeed worthy of being called a hero. To me, it didn't flesh out his character, but only made him somehow feel like he was regarded with less prestige
    another great post margaret. i wish there was a way to bookmark this and your post a few days ago.

  10. #7435
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now I kinda want to see Carol go out drinking with all of Hal's ex's (Olivia Reynolds, Eve Doremus, Kari Limbo, Arisia, Cowgirl, etc.).

    Just imagine the discussion .
    imagine them all getting superpowers and forming a team...

  11. #7436
    Mighty Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    I'd just be happy if Hal and Arisia were friends again and actually spoke to each other.

  12. #7437
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    16,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd just be happy if Hal and Arisia were friends again and actually spoke to each other.
    or Arisia getting to say anything at this point.

  13. #7438
    Astonishing Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,242

    Default

    Too many voices in the book, man. I'm surprised when Kilowog manages to get a line here and there.

  14. #7439
    Mighty Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    or Arisia getting to say anything at this point.
    She has some lines in the "Green Lantern / Planet of the Apes" mini for what it's worth.

  15. #7440
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd just be happy if Hal and Arisia were friends again and actually spoke to each other.
    or just even a nod at each other. it is possible to still be good friends with your ex, not unless the break up was really that bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •