Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: New Avengers, #18

• In all of creation, only one Earth has successfully met and triumphed over each Incursion that has threatened it: the Earth of the heroes of the Great Society!
    • Guess which Earth is on a collision course with ours?

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    € In all of creation, only one Earth has successfully met and triumphed over each Incursion that has threatened it: the Earth of the heroes of the Great Society!
    € Guess which Earth is on a collision course with ours?

Full article here.
    Weird that the solicits keep saying that the Great Society's earths are the only ones which have triumphed over incursions. Haven't seen the 616 earth lost to one yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Weird that the solicits keep saying that the Great Society's earths are the only ones which have triumphed over incursions. Haven't seen the 616 earth lost to one yet either.
    They probably mean besides Earth 616

That's some amazing looking art.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Is it bad that I kind of want the Great Society to win despite the fact that Earth 616 would get destroyed? I kind of like them more than the "New Avengers" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Is it bad that I kind of want the Great Society to win despite the fact that Earth 616 would get destroyed? I kind of like them more than the "New Avengers" at this point.
    Pretty sure that's the point of the arc. And also the book, really.

I'm not sure I necessarily like the Great Society more than the New Avengers.... but certainly there is a feeling of wanting to root for them.

They're sort of set up to represent life while the Illuminati are sort of set up to represent death. And the arc is by design essentially setting them up as the bad guys IMO.

Oh crap, Black Bolt has been re-powered?

So we have...

Black Bolt at full strength
    Dr. Strange who sold his soul for insane levels of power
    The Hulk

Namor
    King of the Dead T'challa
    Iron Man

Beast
    Reed

vs the Justice League with a worn out Sorcerer?

Fun fun

BANNED

I'm so hyped for this!!!
    I hope the Great Society ends up surviving somehow and we see more of them from time to time.

I'm kind of hoping when the two teams encounter each other they actually come up with a way to circumvent the whole issue. One that is difficult, and requires cooperation between the two sides, so it isn't just a plot device, so they can move on from the, do we have to destroy another Earth to survive issue to the more important one. Track down the cause and fix it.

The build up has been lengthy, and necessary in some respects, but eventually they will need to end this story, so they need to progress from reaction for 18 months to proactive for the last 18 months, if indeed this takes place over 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure I necessarily like the Great Society more than the New Avengers.... but certainly there is a feeling of wanting to root for them.

They're sort of set up to represent life while the Illuminati are sort of set up to represent death. And the arc is by design essentially setting them up as the bad guys IMO.
    If they don't at least try to work together rather than fight, then both groups are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    That's some amazing looking art.
    Agreed.

I'm kinda rooting for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

vs the Justice League with a worn out Sorcerer?
    Lol they do remind me of the Justice League as well. Probably deliberately so as well.

Looks very promising. So far I'm loving the addition of Maximus, he adds a lot of spice and keeps the reader on his toes because of his unpredictability. Which triggers me to wonder if Beast can really contribute to this group at this point. As far as intellect he perhaps only outshines the others in the human sciences and even that hasn't really done much for him in recent history. Even the crazy scientist part is spoken for now.

He sort of inherited the position anyway, purely to keep a mutant voice in the group instead of being included based on his merits alone. So maybe I expect too much.

I find the lack of female representation on the Illuminati somewhat grating.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I find the lack of female representation on the Illuminati somewhat grating.
    Who would actually work though?

Plus Swan is always around to suck away panel time.