Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Force #11 Discussion/Spoilertalk: The Flaw of Flawlessness

SPOILERS THROUGHOUT! DON'T READ THE TAGGED STUFF IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE ISSUE!

Quick synopsis:
    spoilers:
    All of X-Force (minus Doc Nemesis) have followed the bug-tracer planted via ForgetMeNot's sacrifice in #10, arrive at the portal station we saw in #7, and go through into the Yellow Eye base. Much fighting ensues while a narrating voice shares Hope/MeMe's musings over her squadmates. Upon finding the monitor tech used by Yellow Eye, Cable seems to amend his mission plan from 'destroy' to 'subvert', much to MeMe's consternation. While the baddie stormtroopers fall in droves, a particular elite henchman puts up more of a fight, and Fantomex starts gibbering again when he misses his shot at them. Because of this, and because he apparently dumped her between issues, MeMe hacks into Fantomex' head mid-battle and scans his memories, confirming that he was at Alexandria in search of Cluster and Weapon XIII, hoping to be whole and perfect again. The Yellow Eye boss and elite henchman retreat behind a...flesh wall (?) and in the downtime, Fantomex angrily calls MeMe 'Summers', revealing that he's been able to counter-hack her mind during their liaisons and knew who she was the whole time. This leads to a mental discussion wherein Fantomex goes completely off the rails, instructs E.V.A. to forcibly eject MeMe from his cortex, then pukes her up and uses her to incapacitate the rest of the team. He monologues about how sick he is of bowing to authority, how he thought to use Volga's tech to make himself better, and now intends to use Yellow Eye resources to track down his other selves AND any other super-tech he could potentially bond with to become stronger. He shoots Marrow in the head and is ready to do the same to Psylocke when he himself gets shot by Domino, previously said 'elite henchman', freed from Yellow Eye control-tech by a panicking MeMe.
    end of spoilers

Other Notes:
    - If the title didn't make it clear, yes, Fantomex is the core of this issue. I imagine that'll be a problem for some, but if it helps, you're REALLY not supposed to like him now, he's an engaging and genuinely terrifying villain...and he does get some comeuppance by the last page.

- Speaking of that, SQUEEEEEEEEEEE~

- The eventual reveal of who's doing the narration for the issue is very clever indeed.

- Rock-He Kim's art is...I don't know if it's wholly 'better' than in the past, but his facial expressions - a weakness beforehand - are much stronger here, which is great, as it's something Spurrier's writing basically demands of all artists.

- Also, his Marrow on the top panel of page 2 is approaching the level of scary-freaky Jorge Molina pumped into her for the "YYYYOU KILLED MY BABYYYYYYYYY" bit in #5.

- Not really sure what's gonna happen in #12 now, though unless Cable's very deaf, I expect he has some things he'd like to get off his chest w/r/t MeMe and Fanto.

Discuss.
    Hey, you! Visit the Domino Appreciation Thread right now, or DOOP GETS IT!

BANNED

SiSpurr through hope makes it clear how broken x-force is and though cable is claiming "for the mutant nation" hope states a clear message to the readers.

Hope in the end is still a naive teen ( perfectly executed) and was used well in this issue. I'm wondering though if her conscious is now in domino's head since the minute she was purged and lost that's when domino started to regain herself.

If Fantomex can somehow rid us of Domino forever he'll be okay in my book.

Cluster <3

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

This is me with you right now:

I know he's not dead but I'm glad someone shot that tool in the head. Pity it wasn't Angel, but I'll take what I can get.

BANNED

Side spoiler from today's avengers issue

spoilers:
    it seems the x-men claimed New York as there nation X-nation (literally the name) and ALL the x-men are together, seems like an effect after Axis
    end of spoilers

Seems like it's fitting being cable is fighting for the mutant nation and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Cluster <3
    Yeah, no. Domino forever!
    www.elfwood.com/~drakeon

"Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Thanks for the recap.

Well there goes my theory about Weapon XIII. Ha ha ha.

At least i still have the theory about the maintance bots.

Marrow seems to really have fallen into the Healing Factor curse, where she constantly gets mortaly injured instead of managing to avoid such hits like every non-healing factor character would do. Though i guess the logic from Blade of the Immortal fits here too. If you know you can heal from being mortaly injured you become less aware of danger and make more mistakes, so in turn you get injured more.

Though i wonder how this particular injury will affect her mind. Maybe some sudden hard reset?

Kinda saw the Domino reveal comming the moment the Yellow eye leader stood there with only the fly girl and the man's head (who thanks to Kim's art looked like the rookie from the pheasant pluckers in the prievew pages).

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Hope in the end is still a naive teen ( perfectly executed) and was used well in this issue. I'm wondering though if her conscious is now in domino's head since the minute she was purged and lost that's when domino started to regain herself.
    She's probably in the whatever machinery that allows the evil dude to control people through the Matrix-like world. I mean, Domino doesn't have any computer stuff in her head, does she?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Marrow seems to really have fallen into the Healing Factor curse, where she constantly gets mortaly injured instead of managing to avoid such hits like every non-healing factor character would do. Though i guess the logic from Blade of the Immortal fits here too. If you know you can heal from being mortaly injured you become less aware of danger and make more mistakes, so in turn you get injured more.

Though i wonder how this particular injury will affect her mind. Maybe some sudden hard reset?

Kinda saw the Domino reveal comming the moment the Yellow eye leader stood there with only the fly girl and the man's head (who thanks to Kim's art looked like the rookie from the pheasant pluckers in the prievew pages).
    I don't think it's so much a 'curse' so much as it is Marrow being...well, Marrow. Remember back in #9 when X-Force are fighting the Pheasant Pluckers and MI-13, and Excalibur is mentally dissecting Marrow's torso while she just goes "AHAHA BRING IT ON I CAN TAKE ANYTHING ARGH"? I think she's perfectly aware of all kinds of danger, she's just long past caring.

Not really expecting that gunshot to affect her much. It could, I suppose, but I find the more likely scenario to be:

Psylocke: "Huh, a bullet lodged in her brainpan. Maybe the creepy little bugger will start to make sense for a change."

Marrow: "Urrrrrgh what happened where's the frog? WHERE'S THE FROG I GOTTA GOTTA KILL HIM YES YES CHEW ON HIS LUNGS REVENNNNNGE AHAHA!"

Psylocke: "Bollocks."

And yeah, the Domino reveal is only a surprise if you haven't really read most past issues, but I kinda dug it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Akktim View Post
    She's probably in the whatever machinery that allows the evil dude to control people through the Matrix-like world. I mean, Domino doesn't have any computer stuff in her head, does she?
    Nope. And it'd be a bit weird for MeMe to suddenly be able to hijack organics. More likely she'll end up rattling around in someone's phone, though the cover for #13 implies her condition will deteriorate by then.

This was amazing (as usual).

LOL @ Hope. So used to being touted as the Messiah, she couldn't fathom being rejected by LePew of all people. Spurrier is the definitive writer for Fantomex, as far as I'm concerned.

What is amazing (apart from everything) is that Spurrier really do keeps track of continuity.

I mean, that version of Fantomex is totally what would lead him to become Apollyon the Destroyer in Here comes tomorrow.
    Spurrier is not inventing that stuff, just building on already established ground in a way that is still interesting, entertaining and surprising.

Newbie Member

I do not quite understand, marrow is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    I do not quite understand, marrow is dead?
    She took a bullet to the head, but she's got a healing factor. Plus she's on the solicited covers for the issues in December and January, so she's probably fine.

Another amazing issue. Spurrier always nail it.

Poor Hope And welcome back, Domino!