Page 1113 of 1120 FirstFirst ... 113613101310631103110911101111111211131114111511161117 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,695 of 16791

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Interestingly Dory (it's that, Kick, or Starwing, I'll go with Starwing) is the Dick Grayson relationship for the animated movies. Nightfire works as well.

Maybe Dick settling down with someone is difficult for writers because Dick is at heart one of the more nomadic DC characters. His background with Haley's Circus meant he moved around a lot growing up, so he'd need to be someone just as willing to uproot themselves when he's willing to. Could be someone from Haley's, but New 52 turned his love interest from there into a bad guy.
    In theory maybe, in practice he might be better off with someone that's just as inevitably chained to Gotham as he is. I'm rooting for Helena or Shawn therefore.

Interestingly Dory (it's that, Kick, or Starwing, I'll go with Starwing) is the Dick Grayson relationship for the animated movies. Nightfire works as well.

Maybe Dick settling down with someone is difficult for writers because Dick is at heart one of the more nomadic DC characters. His background with Haley's Circus meant he moved around a lot growing up, so he'd need to be someone just as willing to uproot themselves when he's willing to. Could be someone from Haley's, but New 52 turned his love interest from there into a bad guy.
    Perhaps I'm too immature for my own good, but "DickFire" always was what I went with. I feel like giving pairings silly names helps offset how ridiculous the ship wars can get.

Regardless, Dick settling down is harder to sell primarily because who does he settle down with? His primary love interests just don't work right now. Starfire had her prominence in the '80s onward with NTT that never fully recovered since, and Barbara hasn't really been Barbara since Burnside. Neither really reflect who he dated back in the day beyond, perhaps, a physical level. I didn't much care for Shawn, but right now Dick doesn't have a strong pairing to fall back on that doesn't rely on characterizations no longer in use.

Moreover, he's a young character and we have a few older couples dealing with long-term relationships (Bruce just proposed to Selina, you've got Arthur and Mera over in Aquaman. This isn't even bringing up Lois and Clark raising their son), so they're going to want to play the relationship drama elsewhere and Nightwing's a good a place as any.

Some couples I'm not fussy with, like with Dick...I'm open to new things, I liked Shawn, the Helena stuff will take time for me to adjust to because of the fandom's obsession with crucifying her as well as it better be good writing for her character. Other characters like in Aquaman...Aquaman without Mera is something I cannot fathom because to me she is just so integral to the Aquaman mythos now, she is easily a co lead and definitely one of DC's more well written and awesome characters.

But because Dick's love life is allowed to be in a state of flux, the love story that is trying to sell better be good, otherwise you get Barbara's bland dating life that deters a lot of people. And you don't want Barbara's love life writing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Some couples I'm not fussy with, like with Dick...I'm open to new things, I liked Shawn, the Helena stuff will take time for me to adjust to because of the fandom's obsession with crucifying her as well as it better be good writing for her character. Other characters like in Aquaman...Aquaman without Mera is something I cannot fathom because to me she is just so integral to the Aquaman mythos now, she is easily a co lead and definitely one of DC's more well written and awesome characters.

But because Dick's love life is allowed to be in a state of flux, the love story that is trying to sell better be good, otherwise you get Barbara's bland dating life that deters a lot of people. And you don't want Barbara's love life writing.
    I agree with some of you guys on these points. I'm definitely okay with Dick dating and/or having a thing with anyone as long as it's well written. And speaking of Babs, I'm glad the new Batgirl arc, contrary to the covers and solicits, aren't going too in on the shipping and are instead showing stuff in flashbacks. ...tbh, I only brought this up to try and segue into bringing up the fact that the villain in that arc is apparently named Red Queen, but I really don't know how to do that well enough, lol. It's a pretty crazy coincidence, and I guess I'll hope the Red Queen is an interesting character for your sake.

Also, idk if it was brought up here, but the biggest argument against having Kory back with Dick again is that she'd make things too easy or something. I mean, first of all: if the threats were too small for Kory, they could just let Dick and Kory fight bigger villains instead, as if that's a bad thing. And of course, why would Kory even need to be there when Dick's dealing with stuff? She could easily have her own life, these are superheroes who don't actually have to live together, let alone in the same city, so I don't see why Dick wouldn't handle certain things on his own anyways. And lastly, Kory being around expands Dick's world further to cosmic stories, too, so I don't see I really don't see how someone could use that kinda argument for Dick and Kory being separate. I'm not saying "they're meant to be!" or "they're a better pairing than the other ones!" because I definitely am not, I'm only saying that argument holds no water.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 09-10-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Dick and romance, so beatifull and so painfull at the same time, seeing that this is still up to disscussion, here is a meta on his romantic
    bond with boths Barbara and Kory:

http://theflyingwonder.tumblr.com/po...ngs-about-dick
    You told her about having wet dreams with another woman and she didn't hold it against you, how could you let this woman go, fail Dick, you fail

http://theflyingwonder.tumblr.com/po...s-and-koriandr
    C'mon Babs, you were totally dating

just reread batwing#24 and man I like lady vic, she's got nice potential and hope seeley brings her back in rebirth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

Does Shawn seem like she will live to see the new year
    and Even Helena stright up told babs she knows Dick loves her.....

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    just reread batwing#24 and man I like lady vic, she's got nice potential and hope seeley brings her back in rebirth.
    Lady Vic's my fav Nightwing villain outside of Deathstroke & now Raptor. She's been mentioned in an earlier issue. I just don't want someone else to use her and take her. I liked the idea that Nightwing dealt with like a lot of hired assassins pre-52. I too think she has some untold story potential for Nightwing.

Of all the Dixon villains, Lady Vic was the only one i wanted to see again. Not Stallion, never Stallion...

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Of all the Dixon villains, Lady Vic was the only one i wanted to see again. Not Stallion, never Stallion...
    She certainly has more appeal to her than the rest of them, though I'm still not a fan.

I like Stallion, but only as he is now. Same with the rest of the Run-Offs.

Spectacular Member

Hey, with the Timeline being...revamped, somehow....
    Is Dick and Donna's time leading the JLA intact?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Double-Dare Twins back.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Hey, with the Timeline being...revamped, somehow....
    Is Dick and Donna's time leading the JLA intact?
    No, I don't think Dick and Donna were ever part of the JLA in the New 52/Rebirth timeline. It hasn't really been explained how his time as Batman fits into everything, but I'm guessing he just was the Batman in Gotham mostly.

Incredible Member

I've been real busy this month.

Anyway, some covers for you.

Nightwing #29. They added a mask. "Winter is Here!" is obviously a homage to GoT.

Nightwing #30 Var Ed. Probably my favorite variant cover from him.

Nightwing #31. I can't find a bigger copy. Looks like Nightwing and Blockbuster's alliance won't be a happy one.

Astonishing Member

Dick may be nomadic, but he can work well as a romantic hero as well as an action hero. Little girls read fairy tales with handsome princes and eventually graduate into romance novels; my grand-daughter tells me that, yes, they like strong female role models--but they want some hearts and flowers in there, too. I like the notion of Dick dating different women--not being a cad or a love-rat--but just being a handsome, eligible young bachelor whose ideal is that Happily Ever After in whatever form it takes. He's supposed to be--what?--about 21 or 22 now? Why tie him down? Let him go out with Kory, Barbara, Helena--whatever. Archie can never decide between Betty and Veronica, but that doesn't stop them from competing--it'd be fun to see Dick getting chased by all the heroines in the DC universe. He should be treated like the Brad Pitt of the DC Universe.