Page 1033 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,495 of 17838
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    The problem with New 52 Nightwing was the constant cycle of events it had to tie into, being a Batfamily book and all. First was Night of the Owls, then after a few months in Chicago Forever Evil came along, leading into Grayson. Grayson itself was able to go for most of the run without getting caught up in Batfamily crossovers, only tying into Robin War. You can read through Grayson without worrying about Batman and Robin Eternal. I'd rather the trade with the Robin War issues omitted those issues, much like how the issues of Batman, 'Tec and Nightwing for the Night of the Monster Men crossover are only in the Monster Men trade and not in the trades for the individual titles.
    I second this. New52 Nightwing's biggest problem isn't the writing but the lack of direction. Dick was changing his goal every arc. Is his goal Haly's Circus? Is it the Court of Owls? Is it Chicago? Is it Gotham? This lack of direction was brought upon by the continuous crossovers and tie-ins. It had to follow the direction set by other Bat books, especially Snyder's Batman. Higgins, the writer, understands the character but he can do so much.

I recommend buying Vol. 4: Second City. This is a standalone Nightwing story set in Chicago. It does not follow or set-up the other Bat books which is a sight of relief. It is also good. Unfortunately Forever Evil event had to happen, and Dick was forced to follow another event again.

After reading Vol. 4, find a copy of issue 29. It's Higgins' love letter and farewell issue to Dick Grayson. It's an issue which sums up Dick's life, especially his time in Higgins' hand, and shows what makes Dick Grayson such a great and inspirational character.

Grayson series is simply a must read, until the creative team change in Vol. 5. Since it's so full of fun and suspense, there is no way you will get bored. The art is gorgeous too. It's almost as gorgeous as its' title character. It's a series molded for Dick Grayson to shine. It's in my list of top DC comic series of all time.

Incredible Member

This is so beautiful. I'm gonna cry.

I'm loving Dick's rogues gallery. Raptor is very cool. Blockbuster is a lot more complex and might be an anti-hero/anti-villain. Mister Minos is back too. Dick's villains are so memorable and unique.

There is still no word about Dick getting a job, which might be for the best. Also R.I.P. DickShawn 2017.

Mighty Member

Glad to see Raptor making a return. Titans, Batgirl arcs are probably going to be meh. I have no idea what to think of that BoP solicit. other than "Look allt these characters from more popular books are here". Hope it's like the first cameo and no Babs/Helena fights.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Love that Raptor is back. I hope Dr. Levictus tags along as well.

Also, those who said Seeley would start to merge the different "worlds" of the alternating arcs appear to have been on the money.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Love that Raptor is back. I hope Dr. Levictus tags along as well.

Also, those who said Seeley would start to merge the different "worlds" of the alternating arcs appear to have been on the money.
    Seeley is writing three books in October. Those books are world's apart too: Nightwing/Street level, Green Lanterns/Sci-fi and The Hellblazer/Horror. He will still be writing Dick for a while, but his recent success opened a world of possibilities for him. I won't be angry if he did other titles in the future. He is a great writer.

He's reusing Blockbuster so soon? Raptor's arc was a while ago now so I figured we would see him sometime, but I guess most arcs set in Bludhaven will have Blockbuster thrown in now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He's reusing Blockbuster so soon? Raptor's arc was a while ago now so I figured we would see him sometime, but I guess most arcs set in Bludhaven will have Blockbuster thrown in now.
    Raptor is the main villain, so I think it's okay to use Blockbuster again. It will be the same old if it's only Raptor and Nightwing. Adding Blockbuster in the equation changes everything. Both Raptor and Blockbuster are so unpredictable. It will be fun to see what happens when they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Raptor is the main villain, so I think it's okay to use Blockbuster again. It will be the same old if it's only Raptor and Nightwing. Adding Blockbuster in the equation changes everything. Both Raptor and Blockbuster are so unpredictable. It will be fun to see what happens when they meet.
    Blockbuster is pretty boring still. So I'd rather see some other villains, but as long as Dick is in Bludhaven they are going to be pushing Blockbuster. I get the feeling that might have been mandated from higher up even.

Mighty Member

Seeley's on 3 books. Hope thinsg turn out well for him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Seeley's on 3 books. Hope thinsg turn out well for him.
    Yeah. It's pretty crazy. I can see him being one of the big names in the future. Dick has been a good luck charm for a lot of writers before.

Mighty Member

Yeah. It's pretty crazy. I can see him being one of the big names in the future. Dick has been a good luck charm for a lot of writers before.
    Yeah. Worried about him leaving Nightwing though he seems to really like the character.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Seeley is writing three books in October. Those books are world's apart too: Nightwing/Street level, Green Lanterns/Sci-fi and The Hellblazer/Horror. He will still be writing Dick for a while, but his recent success opened a world of possibilities for him. I won't be angry if he did other titles in the future. He is a great writer.
    I've been following Seeley since he's been on Hack/Slash. I would love for him to be on either Superman or Wonder Woman. I wouldn't mind him leaving Dick if it meant him working on them, though obviously I'd love for him to somehow be on all three.

The fact that the Raptor arc is basically our "Bludhaven arc" this time around means the globe-trotting one can be even more exciting. Maybe it'll get to follow up on the Spyral stuff. As it is though, Raptor is enough to get me pretty hype, and Blockbuster still being around is pretty interesting to me. I'm liking the way this is going here. Dick's rogues gallery is looking better and better, imo.

The BoP arc could be interesting, idk about the Batgirl one but I'm still picking it up purely for the pretty cover by Mora, and New Order bringing Kate and Tim in is interesting.

We know Dick's gonna be in Murphy's White Knight at some point, and I'm betting he'll show up in the "A Dream of Me" Batman arc at some point, but I also think that maybe Dick'll show up in The Man Who Laughs? Idk, the cover shows off what looks like a little Robin, so at first I was like "whoa evil Dick," but then the idea of this being a perverted version of DickBats and Damian kinda hit me. I mean, Dick's always the "happy Batman," so it's definitely an interesting idea for this stuff with the Dark Multiverse. Idk tho, there's nothing really pointing to that.

And for my last comment about solicits, Seeley is seemingly on Green Lanterns full-time now. Idk what Humphries is moving onto (he's done some amazing stuff on GLs so I'll miss him), but thankfully Seeley seems like he'll be able to handle both GLs and Nightwing. I just hope we can see Dick and Simon team up again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    The fact that the Raptor arc is basically our "Bludhaven arc" this time around means the globe-trotting one can be even more exciting. Maybe it'll get to follow up on the Spyral stuff. As it is though, Raptor is enough to get me pretty hype, and Blockbuster still being around is pretty interesting to me. I'm liking the way this is going here. Dick's rogues gallery is looking better and better, imo.

The BoP arc could be interesting, idk about the Batgirl one but I'm still picking it up purely for the pretty cover by Mora, and New Order bringing Kate and Tim in is interesting.

We know Dick's gonna be in Murphy's White Knight at some point, and I'm betting he'll show up in the "A Dream of Me" Batman arc at some point, but I also think that maybe Dick'll show up in The Man Who Laughs? Idk, the cover shows off what looks like a little Robin, so at first I was like "whoa evil Dick," but then the idea of this being a perverted version of DickBats and Damian kinda hit me. I mean, Dick's always the "happy Batman," so it's definitely an interesting idea for this stuff with the Dark Multiverse. Idk tho, there's nothing really pointing to that.

And for my last comment about solicits, Seeley is seemingly on Green Lanterns full-time now. Idk what Humphries is moving onto (he's done some amazing stuff on GLs so I'll miss him), but thankfully Seeley seems like he'll be able to handle both GLs and Nightwing. I just hope we can see Dick and Simon team up again.
    Oh man I would love Dick teaming up with Jess and Simon. He needs a Lantern friend.

Incredible Member

This is so beautiful. I'm gonna cry.

I'm loving Dick's rogues gallery. Raptor is very cool. Blockbuster is a lot more complex and might be an anti-hero/anti-villain. Mister Minos is back too. Dick's villains are so memorable and unique.

There is still no word about Dick getting a job, which might be for the best. Also R.I.P. DickShawn 2017.

Yes Yes YeS
    AND OF COURSE his butt is on display once more