Page 1136 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 13663610361086112611321133113411351136113711381139114011461186 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,040 of 18420
  1. #17026
    Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kilkenny, Ireland
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Potato-e potato-e.

    Editorial didn`t even gave him an actual funeral issue but that doesn`t detract the point Seeley was trying making in that Annual.
    And the mocking? Was there even one panel where he seemed upset?

  2. #17027
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

    Damian...well, he`s 13. He`s afraid he`s losing his father for good and the person he trusts the most in the world seemingly thinks that rescuing his father isn`t the way to do.
    Damian Wayne has conquered death twice his grandpa has lots of Lazarus pits that have power over death and he calls Death a grey area. Damian fearing losing his dad or Dick's love i can see but Damian getting hysterical because he fears losing his father to death is OC and something already covered in his solo and spoiler he views death as something people regularly return from. It's not permanent.

    This was OC.

    Jason had no reason to lay one on Dick either. i mean it's not like they were besties and the writer had it wrong Dick at that point owned Jason nothing not even the truth.
    Last edited by dietrich; 10-12-2017 at 04:21 AM.

  3. #17028
    Mighty Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    The only reaction that made sense in Grayson #12 was Damian, everyone else.... not so much, like i expect then to be upset, but this guys pride thenselves in being pragmatic, the batfamily pull that kind of shit all the time.

  4. #17029
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    5,915

    Default

    Batgirl’s was ok.

  5. #17030
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Who DOESN'T smack Dick around in that family? Next time he'll get kicked by Bat-Cow.
    Yeah. The Bat family is not known for their kindness. Dick is an exception, which is why everyone tend to respect him, sometimes even more than Bruce. Being trusted nearly as much as Superman is pretty much sainthood. Especially now, when the other Robins are in a dark path. It's good to be reminded of the light.

  6. #17031
    Incredible Member PowerWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    hey do you guys know what happened to dick after he went through the portal in metal#3

  7. #17032
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,150

    Default





    petervnguyen

  8. #17033
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,150

    Default



    by phantomchick

  9. #17034
    Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I'm still waiting on Bernard to show us what his Nightwing looks like

  10. #17035
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Batgirl’s was ok.
    i still don't get the "dick grayson only disappointes" babs was going on about, if we follow new 52 then these to have not even dated each other and yet she went all taylor swift on him

  11. #17036
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    And the mocking? Was there even one panel where he seemed upset?
    Maybe that`s why it didn`t go to print. It wouldn`t matter because Seeley`s dialogue of Jason in that Annual clearly overrides what was seen in those unused pages.

    Bruce and Dick are usually the ones who come up with the moral ground and trust talk so when both do something like that (which they did) on the other`s backs. why wouldn`t the guy who actually died and is the most lectured on not have the right to be upset? All together joking about the death card is one thing, there`s an understanding and leeway, another is lacking trust.

    Writers are the ones who put Dick in this pedestal compared to the others so it shouldn`t surprise anyone that when he does something shitty, characters will call on him. Now, I agree he`s the guy who gets slapped the most but he also gets to be written the most with the higher moral ground. justifiably or not. Take and leave it. It`s the same with Bruce I have rules that I don`t follow Wayne.

    Does that mean Dick can`t call others on their shit? Absolutely not, he should. So should Bruce. And...they kind of already do. Case in point, the Annual? Dick flat out said despite what he did, he wasn`t apologizing for his actions. Again, moral high ground versus a smack. They`re even.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  12. #17037
    Long Live The Phantom Aioros22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian Wayne has conquered death twice his grandpa has lots of Lazarus pits that have power over death and he calls Death a grey area. Damian fearing losing his dad or Dick's love i can see but Damian getting hysterical because he fears losing his father to death is OC and something already covered in his solo and spoiler he views death as something people regularly return from. It's not permanent.

    This was OC.
    I think it`s clear that as far as Snyder is concerned this isn`t something that can be solved with a shower in the Lazarus.

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Jason had no reason to lay one on Dick either. i mean it's not like they were besties and the writer had it wrong Dick at that point owned Jason nothing not even the truth.
    Cool, then Bruce and Dick can leave the lecturing and moral ground at home from now on. What they can`t do is have the cake and the cheery on top.

    It`s fine by me either way.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

    "Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

    I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

    "Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

  13. #17038
    Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kilkenny, Ireland
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Maybe that`s why it didn`t go to print. It wouldn`t matter because Seeley`s dialogue of Jason in that Annual clearly overrides what was seen in those unused pages.

    Bruce and Dick are usually the ones who come up with the moral ground and trust talk so when both do something like that (which they did) on the other`s backs. why wouldn`t the guy who actually died and is the most lectured on not have the right to be upset? All together joking about the death card is one thing, there`s an understanding and leeway, another is lacking trust.

    Writers are the ones who put Dick in this pedestal compared to the others so it shouldn`t surprise anyone that when he does something shitty, characters will call on him. Now, I agree he`s the guy who gets slapped the most but he also gets to be written the most with the higher moral ground. justifiably or not. Take and leave it. It`s the same with Bruce I have rules that I don`t follow Wayne.

    Does that mean Dick can`t call others on their shit? Absolutely not, he should. So should Bruce. And...they kind of already do. Case in point, the Annual? Dick flat out said despite what he did, he wasn`t apologizing for his actions. Again, moral high ground versus a smack. They`re even.
    I'm not saying that Jason can't be pissed because Dick didn't tell them he was alive but physically assaulting him was completely out of order. If you ignore the fact that Dick did die, which you seem intent on , and the altruistic reasons he joined Spyral, Jason could have had the moral high ground in their argument. He threw it away when he started throwing punches though

  14. #17039
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Yeah. The Bat family is not known for their kindness. Dick is an exception, which is why everyone tend to respect him, sometimes even more than Bruce. Being trusted nearly as much as Superman is pretty much sainthood. Especially now, when the other Robins are in a dark path. It's good to be reminded of the light.
    If the other members of Dick's family respected him, they wouldn't be using him as a punching bag.

  15. #17040
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,150

    Default

    Here’s a tired battered Nightwing for errbody




    whereisfancybread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •