Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1477
  1. #1351
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCMARVELgeek View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for your concern about my use of the word "nappy." I honestly was not sure if it could be offensive, and thus why I wrote "I wish they drew her with what is commonly known as nappy hair" instead of just "I wish they drew her with nappy hair."
    I am certainly using "natural hair" from now on.

    Anyway, I have two questions:
    1- Does she mimc humans now?? I know that technically, humans are animals, but I am not sure if I like that power on her...
    1- Has Vixen ever been shown combining the abilities of more than one animal? Is she limited to one? I cannot imagine how much damage she could do if, say, she combined the strength and durability of a charging rhinoceros with the speed of a cheeta...or the speed of a peregrine falcon with the maneuvering abilities/agility of the dragonfly.

    Thanks!
    A Vixen Power and Abilities thread I did awhile ago...

    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/vixen...ies-647346/#47

    I gotta add the poison frog to the thread.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  2. #1352
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    6,693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If only the writers at DC knew about Youtube...
    Amy Chu and Hope Larson researched online and included their findings as Poison Ivy's crazy plants in their stories (yes, that giant flower that stinks of rotting human flesh in the Batgirl issue actually exists in real life!). Would be nice if Mari's writers took to the webs for the more obscure and insane animal abilities.

  3. #1353
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    When it comes to humans this how I feel about that....

    I'm fine with her mimicking humans as long as the character was born with the abilities (mutants like Jade, Obsidian, Sinbad and Magenta) or trained skills like Green Arrow's archery or Bronze Tiger's fighting style. I'm also cool with her using alien powers like Tamaraneans, Martians and Kryptonians because their abilities are part of their alien biology.

    On the other hand, I am not cool with her mimicking abilities that are not born/innate within a character like Green Lantern's power ring, Firestorm, Flash and Captain Atom.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  4. #1354
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If only the writers at DC knew about Youtube...
    The parasitic wasp has potential. It would be one weird power to use.

  5. #1355
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    How many fighting styles do you all think Vixen knows? I think she should know a whole lot of fighting styles based on animals, and I think she would have developed a countless number of other fighting styles on her own based on her total understanding of all animals and how they move and think. Since she is an Animal Master, I really think this is also something DC Comics should explore with her.
    I figure Mari has some standard League training; multi-discipline self-defense type stuff, and she has probably studied a martial art; I'm thinking there are different styles of kung fu based on animals (tiger style, crane, etc) and that would be versatile and fitting.

    But I figure a big chunk of Mari's fighting style is just a mishmash of what works for her; worked out through instinct (animals, duh!) and experience. A lot of traditional fighting styles don't actually mesh with most super powers when you think about it (physics are different when you can fly and are invulnerable), and Mari has a lot more at her disposal than a regular person so the gains from martial arts are minimal.

    And yeah, LordAllMighty, I agree with you, Vixen SHOULD be mimicking plant life as well to show that she is TRULY connected to all life. If DC Comics upgraded her (officially or just kind of quietly but surely increased her powerset little by little) it would be awesome. She would be mimicking animals (non-human), humans and plants. Now some people might think that she would be too powerful if she could do all of that, but when you've got people like Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Dr. Fate and The Spectre running around, I don't think it would be too much of a problem.
    Well, I personally like Mari connected to the Red, so there's a line drawn there I'd rather not cross. But personal preference aside I don't think its the worst idea ever. It does offer a lot of interesting narrative options. But if you ask me, Mari's powerful enough to hang with the big guns, she's just not written that way. Mari needs a writer with imagination and the willingness to do some research. Giving her more powers isn't the problem, its using the ones she already has.

    These upgrades could also potentially further differentiate her from Animal Man, since there are people who always see her as a "lesser" Animal Man (a term I saw someone use in a "Vixen vs..." fight thread somewhere on the Internet).
    Eh, Buddy doesn't cast that big a shadow. One movie, even a team-up movie, propels Mari to levels Buddy's never dreamed of. And Im expecting Mari to be in Suicide Squad 2 so we might get that sooner than later.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Discipline = Freedom.

    Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

  6. #1356
    Incredible Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    When it comes to humans this how I feel about that....

    I'm fine with her mimicking humans as long as the character was born with the abilities (mutants like Jade, Obsidian, Sinbad and Magenta) or trained skills like Green Arrow's archery or Bronze Tiger's fighting style. I'm also cool with her using alien powers like Tamaraneans, Martians and Kryptonians because their abilities are part of their alien biology.

    On the other hand, I am not cool with her mimicking abilities that are not born/innate within a character like Green Lantern's power ring, Firestorm, Flash and Captain Atom.
    That makes sense, since the animals she mimics are born with their abilities as well.

  7. #1357
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    The parasitic wasp has potential. It would be one weird power to use.
    That would be creepy as hell...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    How many fighting styles do you all think Vixen knows? I think she should know a whole lot of fighting styles based on animals, and I think she would have developed a countless number of other fighting styles on her own based on her total understanding of all animals and how they move and think. Since she is an Animal Master, I really think this is also something DC Comics should explore with her.
    According to the old DC cards and Who's Who, Vixen is a trained martial artists but usually doesn't use it as she fights using animal instinct.

    Sorry, I didn't reply to this earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Eh, Buddy doesn't cast that big a shadow. One movie, even a team-up movie, propels Mari to levels Buddy's never dreamed of. And Im expecting Mari to be in Suicide Squad 2 so we might get that sooner than later.
    Right. Outside of comic, Vixen has had a much bigger push then Animal Man. She already has him beat in cartoon and Tv....if she gets movies....Animal Man will be the white guy who coping Vixen's abilities to the world. Just saying....
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-22-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  8. #1358
    Incredible Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Here's a little bit more information about Vixen's animated "movie" that will be available for purchase later this month:


  9. #1359
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Yes sir, on my buy list.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  10. #1360

    Default

    I thought Silver Swan and Dr. Psycho would be good villians for Mari to go head to head with.

  11. #1361
    Incredible Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Does Vixen have a god that she worships? Does she worship Anansi? Or has her religion (if she has one) ever been explored at all?

  12. #1362
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Silver Swan and Dr. Psycho would be good villians for Mari to go head to head with.
    I'm cool with Silver Swan and Doctor Psycho...I really like the idea of Mari mentally fighting Psycho using the mental powers of Gorilla Grood or Solovar to defeat him.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Does Vixen have a god that she worships? Does she worship Anansi? Or has her religion (if she has one) ever been explored at all?
    Mari was raised in a christian household, her father was a preacher but she never to my knowledge shown a strong religious believe system. In the few time she brought up religion it was in reference to her father and his christian believes.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

  13. #1363
    Incredible Member MoneySpider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Mari was raised in a christian household, her father was a preacher but she never to my knowledge shown a strong religious believe system. In the few time she brought up religion it was in reference to her father and his christian believes.
    Okay, thanks.

  14. #1364
    Astonishing Member El_Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,354

    Default




    Look who is in Injustice 2!!! I would have preferred her as a seperate character but I'll take any exposure for the character I can get lol. She's a skin for Cheetah btw
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

  15. #1365
    Astonishing Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,050

    Default

    Very traditional looking Vixen. I'm sure if she was a standalone character in the game, they would've updated her look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •