Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I really liked him in his first appearance but I haven't been too much of a fan since...that said, he's still BY FAR the most likable character in Teen Titans right now.
    The more Jackson becomes like Kaldur, the more I like him. Although I do feel bad for any fans of Jackson that predate the Young Justice cartoon, and liked him *before* Kaldur (and are now seeing lines blur as 'their' Jackson becomes more like another character).

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Or Aquarium.

Aqualisa maybe?
    Hey it's the age of aquarium!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The more Jackson becomes like Kaldur, the more I like him. Although I do feel bad for any fans of Jackson that predate the Young Justice cartoon, and liked him *before* Kaldur (and are now seeing lines blur as 'their' Jackson becomes more like another character).
    I liked the character prior to the YJ cartoon. I think the original version of Jackson had a really awesome look (loved the dreads) and had a nice origin. However, I also really like the Kaldur version from the YJ cartoon. I thought he had a ton of depth and charisma and was among one of my favs from the show.

I haven't followed too much of the current TT's version simply be cause I don't care for the comic. I would like for Kaldur to make some appearances in the actual Aquaman comic though as I feel the two of them should meet.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jackson/Kaldur is the only black male character with a background in magic it seems. Every other black character usually is involved in science or is super smart for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Jackson/Kaldur is the only black male character with a background in magic it seems. Every other black character usually is involved in science or is super smart for some reason.
    Jakeem Thunder says hi.

JJ.jpg
    Current Top 20 Titles: New Super-Man and the Justice League of China/Runaways/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Go Go Power Rangers/Maxwell's Demons/Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles/Paper Girls/Unbeatable Squirrel Girl/Quantum and Woody/Detective Comics/Exiles/Fence/X-Men Red/Ms. Marvel/Domino/Mech Cadet Yu/The Flash/Champions/The Wildstorm: Michael Cray/New Mutants: Dead Souls

And isn't one of the Shazam family members a black male?

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    And isn't one of the Shazam family members a black male?
    Black female .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black female .

Oh and she will be played by the lil girl on This is Us

Jakeem Thunder says hi.

JJ.jpg
    That actually looks pretty cool. Where is he from?

That actually looks pretty cool. Where is he from?
    He was originally introduced in a Morrison JLA storyline, but he was primarily a main character in Johns' first JSA run.
    Current Top 20 Titles: New Super-Man and the Justice League of China/Runaways/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/Go Go Power Rangers/Maxwell's Demons/Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles/Paper Girls/Unbeatable Squirrel Girl/Quantum and Woody/Detective Comics/Exiles/Fence/X-Men Red/Ms. Marvel/Domino/Mech Cadet Yu/The Flash/Champions/The Wildstorm: Michael Cray/New Mutants: Dead Souls

I'm guessing he's in limbo?

I'm guessing he's in limbo?
    Yup. Hasn't been seen since Pre-Flashpoint and he hasn't been around in a major capacity since 2006 (Johns' second run REALLY shafted him.) Definitely recommend you read that JSA run though. It's a brilliant book and Jakeem's character development throughout it is fantastic; he's one of my favorite heroes.

The fact that this character has been dumped on , dumbed down and wussed out only goes to show what is wrong with DC right now.

Jakeem Thunder says hi.

JJ.jpg
    There's also Dr Mist. And Houngan of the Brotherhood of Evil but he combines science and magic. And he's a villain.

Folding the publishing lines in with one another means Papa Midnite would like a word with you.