Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Original Sin, #3

This June - the secrets are out, and no one is safe in ORIGINAL SIN #3, the next chapter in the blockbuster Marvel Universe event critics are already hailing as "extremely strong" and "one hell of a story"! New York Times Bestselling Writer Jason Aaron and blockbuster artist Mike Deodato weave a noir crime murder mystery in the Marvel Universe that will have fans guessing until the very last page!

Following the shocking conclusion of last issue, the hidden secrets of the Avengers, the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four now stand revealed! As the heroes of the Marvel Universe attempt to recover from the devastating revelations, Nick Fury stands alone against a mysterious foe! Meanwhile, a clue unearthed in deep space takes the Winter Soldier, Moon Knight and Gamora to the doorstep of one of the most bizarre murders of all!

"With the heroes of the Marvel Universe stunned and in disarray following these revelations, it falls to the ragtag band drafted into service by a mysterious string-puller to continue to get to the bottom of what is actually going on behind everything," says Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. "And then-a devastating betrayal!"

No fan can afford to miss the next pulse-pounding chapter of the story that already has the whole comics industry talking when ORIGINAL SIN #3 hits comic shops this June!

Everybody has one. This is Marvel's ORIGINAL SIN!

Every issue of ORIGINAL SIN includes a code for a free digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of ORIGINAL SIN features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app - including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

Full article here.

Deo is amazing!
    Hey...it's me Rogerio!
    GRAYSON * SECRET AVENGERS * BLACK WIDOW * LOW * VELVET * JUPITER LEGACY * ZERO * LAZARUS * MAGNETO * ELEKTRA * THE FADE OUT * DAREDEVIL *COPPERHEAD*

Deodato's art looks great as usual imo.

Still looks pretty good.

Punisher and Doctor Strange are an odd duo to see working together, but it still works for me.

I have no idea who would have attacked Gamora, Moon Knight, and Bucky, looks like we are going to have a lot of villains in this event.

BANNED

I love seeing Punisher out of his element.
    That Art Addams cover is bad ass as usual.

So pretty.

Looking forward to the interaction between Frank and Stephan. Quite an odd duo.

Lovely Deodato art (but that's usually a given.)

Never thought I'd see Bucky and Marc Spector together. Interesting.
    Former Marvel girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Lovely Deodato art (but that's usually a given.)

Never thought I'd see Bucky and Marc Spector together. Interesting.
    I do wonder if there's an in-story specific reason for Bucky and Moon Knight to be teamed together, or if the author just threw the together because he thought it might be fun (and it is). I'm okay if there's not a deeper reason behind that particular pairing... but if there is I honestly can't imagine what that might be. I guess that's part of the fun.

Not trying to troll or anything, but can I just ask what you all like about Deodato's art? I was flipping through issue 1 today and I just found his whole style to be incredibly flat and yet at the same time seemed almost like it was using that horrid CGI style they tried a couple times before realizing that it was literally the worst.

Like I said, not hating on him or y'all for liking it, I was just curious what about his style appealed to you guys.

Some knows who's the red-head ? her outfit resembles black widow's.

BANNED

Noh-varr is the killer; calling it now. the red head is Oubliette; Noh-varr's "first crush" upon arriving on Earth.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/exterminatrixmb.htm
    Last edited by Ant-manic; 05-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf View Post
    Not trying to troll or anything, but can I just ask what you all like about Deodato's art?
    Deodato relies heavily on chiaroscuro, which many apparently find appealing.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator

I really hope the red-head is Sin, just because I have a crush on her, but it won't be.

EDIT: Now that I think about it.. Original SIN. Damn.. it could be
    Last edited by DjessNL; 05-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.

I really would like it if Marvel gave Tedesco another shot at interiors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf View Post
    Not trying to troll or anything, but can I just ask what you all like about Deodato's art? I was flipping through issue 1 today and I just found his whole style to be incredibly flat and yet at the same time seemed almost like it was using that horrid CGI style they tried a couple times before realizing that it was literally the worst.

Like I said, not hating on him or y'all for liking it, I was just curious what about his style appealed to you guys.
    If you've ever worked with Poser 3D, you can tell that much of his art from the past 5 years or so relies heavily on it.
    Whether or not it's traced or referenced is up for debate... that and his backgrounds and objects are rendered in skecth-up which is becoming a common thing.