Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default What is "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors"?

A new image of the badges for Reed's Special Edition: NYC con features art and a logo for "Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors."

Full article here.

I'll believe it when I see an actual trailer for it.

Hmm, a cartoon event that somehow manages to crossover with with a comic event that involves all the spider-men?

I'd watch it, I think that not only be a lot of fun but also Peter in the Ultimate Spiderman tv show is just different not to be similar to Peter in the Ultimate Universe.

Wouldn't it have been waaaaay cooler to bring all the spider-man voice actors from the different animated Spidey shows together and do a big Spider-verse episode that way? Like getting Christopher Daniel Barnes, Dan Gilvezan, Rino Romano, Neil Patrick Harris, Josh Keaton and Drake Bell together and doing something truly Spectacular and Amazing.

I'm in if its an experimental animated tie-in for Spider-verse. Otherwise gimme just Miles morales or I'll pass on this.

Looks kind of like the current Hulk show in concept.

We can definitely see Miles, May, Miguel, and Spider-Man Noir in there, but who's under the logo in the bottom left? Is it Kaine? Ben Reilly? Some other Spider I can't remember right now?

Who is the next hero to get a cartoon with a bunch of versions of him?
    Thor? Ironman? Wolverine!?

The idea sounds cool, but considering how Ultimate Spider-Man isn't that great I am not expecting much.

My first thought was of "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH" too -- made me wonder how successful that show was doing and if Ultimate Spider-Man might be effectively being retooled more like it. Then I got to thinking how many of the characters in USM are those that are in the Netflix set of series coming out in 2015-2016 and if Marvel might be seguing into setting those into "Defenders" cartoon of their own, after letting them disappear long enough to let the difference in portrayal fade?

4 quick points.

1. This is most likely NOT a crossover with the Dan Slott comic.

2. This is most likely the reason why Slott is writing a that upcoming storyline with all of the various Spidey's. It's another example of corporate synergy gone wrong. Over the last 14 years Marvel's (and DC's) publishing division have basically taken their creative cues from whatever is happening with the TV and movie versions of their characters.

3. A while ago on these very forums (the Spider-Man forums to be precise) I suggested that Spidey should have his own team similar to SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS, but have that team be the New Warriors and that the comic should be called SPIDER-MAN AND THE WEB WARRIORS. And for the record, I am NOT saying that Marvel stole my suggestion since (a) this is not based off of my idea/suggestion and (b) because they can't steal something that I willingly offered up on a public message board for free for them to use if they wanted to. Of course, if Wacker is behind this idea he will NEVER admit that he got the "WEB WARRIORS" name from an anonymous internet poster with a fake name, especially if that anonymous poster happens to be me.

4. This is most likely similar to HULK AND THE AGENTS OF SMASH.

Quote Originally Posted by The Indestructible Man View Post

2. This is most likely the reason why Slott is writing a that upcoming storyline with all of the various Spidey's. It's another example of corporate synergy gone wrong. Over the last 14 years Marvel's (and DC's) publishing division have basically taken their creative cues from whatever is happening with the TV and movie versions of their characters.
    Can you give an example from the DC side. I Marvel has been letting their live action movies affect their comics for years, but I can't recall any time a movie or TV show dictated a DC book.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Can you give an example from the DC side. I Marvel has been letting their live action movies affect their comics for years, but I can't recall any time a movie or TV show dictated a DC book.
    Wally West being half black
    Penguin briefly having webbed hands several years ago
    Nu52 Superman costume
    Cyborg being in the Justice League
    Amanda Waller being skinny and looking like Angela Basset
    Joker looking like the Heath Ledger version of the Joker with the scars

It's interesting. I thought the third season of USM was about him joining the Avengers, has that plan been scrapped suddenly in favour of this? Or is this going to be a direct-to-DVD special/TV movie event in the fall to coinicide with the comics event?

I'm excited to see the possible first animated apperances of Miguel, Miles and Mayday, three of the best legacy characters in comics, and it gives me hope there could be a launching pad for their own shows in the future.. One suggestion I always had was a Spider-Man hour long block which would consist of one thirty-minute Peter Parker story and about two 15-minute Mayday or Miguel stories.

Interested interested interested....... Haven't really enjoyed Ult Spider-Man from the 5 episodes I have seen so far (probably wrong audience) though of course I want to see what is done here with a cartoon event mimicking or tied to what might be a magnificent comic event.