Page 250 of 253 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3792

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

If they put Tim and Steph both back and keep the current team, it would probaly feel like having two teams. A teen team (Tim, Cass and Steph) and an adult one (Kate, Luke and Jean-Paul) with Bruce and Basil also somehow around.
    8 team members would really be too much for a book like this, with the cast barely being juggled as it is. I personally think Kate is the only one who it would make sense to lose at this point, since she has her own book, and removing her doesn't throw off either of the new duos (Luke and JPV/ Cass and Basil). Not to mention, since the bootcamp idea stopped mattering a long time ago, her primary role is non-existent. However, it's a mute point since we already know that Kate isn't going anywhere.

Tim may get back together with his YJ mates, Steph may keep appearing after each arc for her own shenanigans; we really don't know how it's gonna play out. But with what you said, the team feeling like it's split in two, they may as well just do that as a possibility. 'Tec has proven to be a financial success and, at times, critical success, so if they don't want to make more solos, they may as well give the characters more air to breathe. We've still got that hint about Harper being in a team book hanging in the air, and much as most of us don't want her involved, a 2nd Bat-team book could work. Not entirely sure how I'd divvy up the teams, but as for a title, Gotham Knights currently isn't in use.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

The only time I've ever seen an 8-man team really work is in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

(Although the Justice Society is probably another one, I just forget how many members they have at one time).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only time I've ever seen an 8-man team really work is in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.

(Although the Justice Society is probably another one, I just forget how many members they have at one time).
    Yeah, the balancing of the large cast of the modern JSA was done really well. Didn't work quite as well with the massive expansion in 2006, but that's why JSA All-Stars became a thing...even if the art REALLY hurt that book.

A few other examples of large teams working well:

- Grayson's Titans. Team may have lost members as it went on, but for over a year, it balanced 10 team members excellently.
    - The JLI.
    - Young Justice had 9 members by the end, 12 if you count Red Tornado, Traya and Snapper.
    - And, naturally, the Legion of Superheroes.

Large casts can work just fine. Tynion has simply shown that, at least with how he's writing this book, it wouldn't be a good idea here.

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Spectacular Member

Best roles fot current batfam imo:

Bruce as Batman
    Dick as Batman
    Barbara as Oracle
    Damian as Robin
    Jason with Outsiders
    Tim as Red Robin (pre n52)
    Cass as Batgirl
    Steph as Spoiler.
    Alfred as Alfred.

That's it. Kate could stay batwoman but off in her own thing.

But this 9 are the core family. Anything else is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

Bruce as Batman
    Dick as Batman
    Barbara as Oracle
    Damian as Robin
    Jason with Outsiders
    Cass as Batgirl
    Steph as Spoiler.
    Alfred as Alfred.

I don't disagree that those 9 at this point are/should be the core BatFam. Definitely wouldn't just get rid of all the others though considering I'm a fan of/ a bigger fan of (then some of the core members) JPV (Who at one point WAS core BatFam), Clayface and, if you count her, Huntress. Not to mention some of the REALLY extended members (Misfit, Onyx, Renee as the Question) Funny thing is all three of those ladies already do exist in the current continuity to some extent. Someone just has to want to do something with them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I don't disagree that those 9 at this point are/should be the core BatFam. Definitely wouldn't just get rid of all the others though considering I'm a fan of/ a bigger fan of (then some of the core members) JPV (Who at one point WAS core BatFam), Clayface and, if you count her, Huntress. Not to mention some of the REALLY extended members (Misfit, Onyx, Renee as the Question) Funny thing is all three of those ladies already do exist in the current continuity to some extent. Someone just has to want to do something with them.
    Definitely not opposed to those characters and like them, but they are definitely extended family. Second cousins, aunts and uncles, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post

Bruce as Batman
    Dick as Batman
    Barbara as Oracle
    Damian as Robin
    Jason with Outsiders
    Cass as Batgirl
    Steph as Spoiler.
    Alfred as Alfred.

I consider Bat-Cow to be absolutely necessary.

Incredible Member

Sarcastic Tim is the best Tim

Last edited by shadowsgirl; 08-13-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

So, in the bad future seen in this week's Batwoman #6, it's very likely that Tim becomes Batman after Bruce's death.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

Oh, so it has already come out?
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Oh, so it has already come out?
    Tomorrow. The reason we're all pretty sure Batman is Tim here is because 1) It's Tynion, and 2) He said on Twitter that this ties into both Lonely Place of Living and the arc of 'Tec that comes after.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Tomorrow. The reason we're all pretty sure Batman is Tim here is because 1) It's Tynion, and 2) He said on Twitter that this ties into both Lonely Place of Living and the arc of 'Tec that comes after.
    Did we mention it's Tynion?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews