Page 323 of 414 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 6208
  1. #4831
    Incredible Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That is nice but now I'm just thinking how amazing Dick was in YJ for some reason. Until Tim has more of a memorable part of YJ I would still clear if anything inspired by it.

    I was always a fan of this



    because it's Tim's. It doesn't remind me if any other hero and I love the flair.
    I love this look, dont know why people prefer the double R costume.

  2. #4832
    Fantastic Member SixSpeedSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Because it's close to his original badass costume.

    I don't mind the new 52 except for the cape.

  3. #4833
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    To me, it's mostly just a pure hate for the wings.
    "OH, SNAP!" INFINITY WAR PODCAST! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=410621429
    THE FORCE AWAKENS VS THE LAST JEDI! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    BLACK PANTHER PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=406994785
    TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  4. #4834
    Incredible Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Because it's close to his original badass costume.

    I don't mind the new 52 except for the cape.
    I like the original too but the double R is too close especially since he's not robin anymore. The new costume just screams robin instead of Red Robin.

  5. #4835
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,952

    Default

    My biggest fear now is that Tynion and DC's goal in rehabilitating Tim was returning him to a vague status quo from circa Geoff Johns's Titans run; this would mean not referring to the great stuff at the beginning of Tim's career (too much Steph, Cass, Cop!Dick, and Jean Paul too allow them to focus on that) and the good stuff at the end of his solos (since Tynion seems to dislike the Red Robin suit as Tim's, and they refuse to clarify what the immediate past was like.) Which is a shame, because as much as I liked Johns's TT, the super-hacker Tim resembles the mad scientist Tim Johns wrote, and it's arguably the most boring time for the character.

    I mean, it's far more important to have fun reading the character than to be impressed by techno-babble; Dixon focused on a Tim who used cunning gambits, and Nicieza focused on strategy, and both are far more engaging to me than bad melodrama about cloning your buddy or hacking someone's guns. And the issues we have with his suit are largely based in the idea of Tim's identity being stuck in stasis: is he a graduate Robin, or Robin B to Damian's Robin A?
    "OH, SNAP!" INFINITY WAR PODCAST! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=410621429
    THE FORCE AWAKENS VS THE LAST JEDI! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    BLACK PANTHER PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=406994785
    TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  6. #4836
    Astonishing Member Vinsanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    My biggest fear now is that Tynion and DC's goal in rehabilitating Tim was returning him to a vague status quo from circa Geoff Johns's Titans run; this would mean not referring to the great stuff at the beginning of Tim's career (too much Steph, Cass, Cop!Dick, and Jean Paul too allow them to focus on that) and the good stuff at the end of his solos (since Tynion seems to dislike the Red Robin suit as Tim's, and they refuse to clarify what the immediate past was like.) Which is a shame, because as much as I liked Johns's TT, the super-hacker Tim resembles the mad scientist Tim Johns wrote, and it's arguably the most boring time for the character.

    I mean, it's far more important to have fun reading the character than to be impressed by techno-babble; Dixon focused on a Tim who used cunning gambits, and Nicieza focused on strategy, and both are far more engaging to me than bad melodrama about cloning your buddy or hacking someone's guns. And the issues we have with his suit are largely based in the idea of Tim's identity being stuck in stasis: is he a graduate Robin, or Robin B to Damian's Robin A?
    I disliked Johns' Tim more than Lobdell's Tim and that's saying something.

  7. #4837
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    I mean, it's far more important to have fun reading the character than to be impressed by techno-babble; Dixon focused on a Tim who used cunning gambits, and Nicieza focused on strategy, and both are far more engaging to me than bad melodrama about cloning your buddy or hacking someone's guns. And the issues we have with his suit are largely based in the idea of Tim's identity being stuck in stasis: is he a graduate Robin, or Robin B to Damian's Robin A?
    I'm still baffled lf the directio that Tim's jntelligence took, putting on Tony Stark levels, i don't had much problem with superacking, but creating self repairing buildings, jesus, i know that Tim tried to clone Kon at one point, but he failed at that. Hell even when his intelligence increased before the reboot, it wasn't on this level.

  8. #4838
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    You know what they say about tiny feet Tim?



    jason: what ya got there?
    dick: a tiny timmers!
    dick: look their little cape billowing in the wind
    jason: don’t let dami see it, tiny timbo will be shuriken’d before you can say ‘clark’s your uncle’
    dick: dami’s not that mean…i think…
    tim: dick, have you met the brat wonder??
    dick: …


    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-09-2017 at 11:57 PM.

  9. #4839
    Mighty Member shadowsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    After Kon and Bart's series were cancelled, this conversation in Young Justice was spot on.





    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 11-10-2017 at 07:09 AM.

  10. #4840
    Mighty Member shadowsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

    And then Tim wrote about his amazing victory in his diary.


  11. #4841
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,598

  12. #4842
    Mighty Member shadowsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,190

    Default






  13. #4843
    Astonishing Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Ah man, Ives was cool, sad that we haven't seen it since the reboot. Also, if that issue written by Dixon?.

  14. #4844
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ah man, Ives was cool, sad that we haven't seen it since the reboot. Also, if that issue written by Dixon?.
    Yup, it's from his 6 issue comeback where he brought back Steph.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

  15. #4845
    Mighty Member shadowsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Ah man, Ives was cool, sad that we haven't seen it since the reboot. Also, if that issue written by Dixon?.
    Yes, these pages are from issue 173. He wrote Tim's series again from issue 170 to issue 174, but then he left DC all of a sudden.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •