Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Business Never Finished! [New Mutants Appreciation]

We need a place to celebrate this classic team, right? The line-up we know and love? I think so! Then let's get to it!!

C'mon! I know I'm not the only one who loves 'em!!

Newbie Member

It's a shame Rahne never got to interact with the rest of the team in the most recent version. That irked me somewhat.

I'd love to see them all go back to Asgard. That's one of my favourite X-tales

LOVELOVELOVE.
    I am here to appreciate these guys!

Best damn series (besides Byrne's Alpha Flight) in all of Ever.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    It's a shame Rahne never got to interact with the rest of the team in the most recent version. That irked me somewhat.

I'd love to see them all go back to Asgard. That's one of my favourite X-tales
    yesyesYES.
    *sigh* so muchtheseguys. So much.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

We are two now, and I'm positively sure there are many outside .

We came into X-universe thanks to TNM. Although I saw randomly the X-Men in some loose Secret Wars II issues, it was the X-Babies who totally catch me 'cause they're so odd and so close at the same time.

I certainly was lucky to find these specific issues the first, very different but awesome both of them:

Now that I come to think of it, Dani's got the leading role in both issues: she against a mad world.

The New Mutants got mind-controlled, brainwashed, mind-raped and possessed a lot, Onslaught, the Brood queen, Hela, Shadow King, Emma and the Beyonder, yet still end up more mentally stable than most of the X-men. Gotta give them props for resilience.

I have just discovered The New Mutants and I'm loving every freaking thing about them. I love Wolfsbane/Rahne Sinclair the most she reflects my upbringing more than the rest of the roster. Dani, Roberto, Shan and Sam too are my favorites. Right now I'm reading the origins of Amara aka Magma and Selene in Nova Rome. This book is delicious to look at. I have never had this experience before but the comic reads like a movie.

BANNED

I loved the book until that awful artist Bret Blevins took over. It was nearly unreadable.
    I love the way it weaves in and out constantly with Uncanny X-Men. The continuity was SO close it could have been one book.

My favourite issue may be this one starring Magma & Empath. So deep and beautiful.
    Last edited by Flight; 11-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.

I'm really new to reading New Mutants but i'm kind of curious about Dani Moonstar's foreshadowing - did she ever turn into a Psychic Vampire like Selene?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I'm really new to reading New Mutants but i'm kind of curious about Dani Moonstar's foreshadowing - did she ever turn into a Psychic Vampire like Selene?
    No. It was pretty obvious that they didn't know what to do with Dani's powers. Apart from plot devices in a few stories, it was pretty useless.
    They experimented with her becoming a Valkyrie (pretty random) then an agent of shield and now she is powerless...

What? Powerless!!! This is annoying. I'm just going to savor what I'm reading now then lol! it seems like every character I come to love never gets anywhere.

Thinking of the New Mutants reminds me of the strange case of Doug Ramsey. He died when he was about fifteen years old, probably a high school sophomore.

Then Selene resurrected him maybe five-to-six years later in terms of comic-book time. (Because Doug was the same age as Kitty originally, and she's 20-21 now.)

Thing is, when resurrected, he seemed the exact same age as his comrades. But unless people mature while deceased, he should have come back the same age as when he died. Yet, nobody ever said anything about him going back to high school with the younger class like Mercury and Hellion.

This has actually really bothered me. In an issue of Wolverine, he was shown as an instructor at the Jean Grey Academy when he should actually be a student. Even now he's on the corporate team of X-Factor. Apparently, Serval Industries is the great equalizer in the job market, hiring both teens and high school dropouts.

Having him revive at his appropriate teen age when the rest of the New Mutants had matured to young adults would actually have been the more interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Thinking of the New Mutants reminds me of the strange case of Doug Ramsey. He died when he was about fifteen years old, probably a high school sophomore.

Then Selene resurrected him maybe five-to-six years later in terms of comic-book time. (Because Doug was the same age as Kitty originally, and she's 20-21 now.)

Thing is, when resurrected, he seemed the exact same age as his comrades. But unless people mature while deceased, he should have come back the same age as when he died. Yet, nobody ever said anything about him going back to high school with the younger class like Mercury and Hellion.

This has actually really bothered me. In an issue of Wolverine, he was shown as an instructor at the Jean Grey Academy when he should actually be a student. Even now he's on the corporate team of X-Factor. Apparently, Serval Industries is the great equalizer in the job market, hiring both teens and high school dropouts.

Having him revive at his appropriate teen age when the rest of the New Mutants had matured to young adults would actually have been the more interesting story.
    Doug subconsciously used the T/o virus to age himself up and he has a genius level intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What? Powerless!!! This is annoying. I'm just going to savor what I'm reading now then lol! it seems like every character I come to love never gets anywhere.
    Dani doesn't need powers to kick ass,

Besides she is Hela's favorite Valkyrie now.