Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is ridiculous. The thing I hate most about being a comic book fan is that publishers and creators hardly ever give you any specific information about when a book may return and leave you hanging for what actually turns out to be years. It's unfair and a poor way to treat your readers. I hope FF enjoys his poor sales due to lack of interest after almost 2 years of waiting for the new series, he deserves it at this point.
    Http://theretroghost.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @GhostlyRetro - Posting anything & everything retro! Comics, toys, videogames, pics, thoughts, ramblings, ect....

I think that sales are precisely why we don't have a sequel for Black Beetle. His work-for hire work is selling way better than Black Beetle did.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that sales are precisely why we don't have a sequel for Black Beetle. His work-for hire work is selling way better than Black Beetle did.
    Francavilla himself said back in early 2014 that the interest in Black Beetle : Necrologue was huge so I don't think sales are a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    This is ridiculous. The thing I hate most about being a comic book fan is that publishers and creators hardly ever give you any specific information about when a book may return and leave you hanging for what actually turns out to be years. It's unfair and a poor way to treat your readers. I hope FF enjoys his poor sales due to lack of interest after almost 2 years of waiting for the new series, he deserves it at this point.
    It's frustrating but any information at this point will just lead to more broken promises, I guarantee this though, if and when this finally does come out IT WILL SELL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    . . . It's frustrating but any information at this point will just lead to more broken promises, I guarantee this though, if and when this finally does come out IT WILL SELL!!!
    Not necessarily . . . depending on how long it's delayed, people who would have bought it may have moved on to other things and have lost interest (whether it be in the character / genre, or interest in comic books in general).

A new update from Francavilla's twitter account:

Working on getting Vol.2 out in 2016

At this point I'll believe when I see it.

"I would call you a genius except I'm in the room." THE DOCTOR

Anybody hearing any new word on this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Anybody hearing any new word on this yet?
    Only this.
    I expect we'll see The Black Beetle in Dark Horse's December solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Only this.
    I expect we'll see The Black Beetle in Dark Horse's December solicitations.
    Now, it would really be sweet if there was a month where we could buy a new issue of Black Beetle AND a new issue of Lobster Johnson, too.

But, unfortunately, do I really want to pay for an issue of DHP to get just one story in it?

I think its reasonable to expect that it will get collected eventually, but thats another 6-9 months of waiting..?