Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    My initial introduction to Lobo was through the JLI title when Manga Khan (I love that guy) hired the Main Man and wound up fighting Guy Gardner.
    My intro to The Main Man was when I was just walking thru the local Super Market way back in 1990 and saw this Face staring back at me from the Comic Book Turnstile ....

...and I have been "Hooked" ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    haven't been following jla really. i'm tempted to ask why.
    His appearance in the book has been Good and pretty accurate to the Classic Version, but it His part in the book has barely been more then a glorified Cameo. Even with the 2 part "Heart of a Bastich" story in issues 5 & 6, He was BARELY in IT!!!!!! I know it is a team book but still... The Story was supposed to be Lobo Centric! And frankly really all the other characters in this series are kind of treated the same way.

I have dropped this.

Mighty Member

Nice Sculpt but The Main Man needs to be Beefier.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Nice Sculpt but The Main Man needs to be Beefier.
    i know, i've also thought that superman and gl could have used more muscle, maybe.

i know, i've also thought that superman and gl could have used more muscle, maybe.

Not loving the hair on the sculpt either. I prefer his Rob Zombie look myself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post

Not loving the hair on the sculpt either. I prefer his Rob Zombie look myself.
    bad hair day?

how about dredds?

Sigh

Hopefully once the current powers that be are gone, the main man will have another run in with a certain witch boy...
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

Please refer to me with gender neutral pronouns.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Sigh

Hopefully once the current powers that be are gone, the main man will have another run in with a certain witch boy...
    i don't remember a story where lobo had a run-in with klarion.

i don't remember a story where lobo had a run-in with klarion.
    The original Young Justice book.

Lobo was on Earth during the awesome Sins of Youth event, wherein Klarion turned every kid into an adult, and every adult into a kid. The result was Lobo becoming a teenager, and taking on the name Li'l Lobo. Li'l Lobo tried to frag Klarion but was unsuccessful. When the spell was undone, his age was unchanged, and since he had nothing better to do, he started hanging out with Young Justice. He even partook in a baseball game to save the home planet of Doiby Diggles!

Of course, Li'lLobo wasn't a permanent thing. During Our Worlds at War, YJ ended up on Apokolips in one of the single darkest stories in the book. Li'l Lobo ended up getting the crap kicked out of him, getting killed, but from all the blood that was spilled a whole army of Lobos grew. They of course all started killing each other until there was only one left, one who would go on to be Lobo for the rest of Pre-Flashpoint.

But what I just said isn't entirely true. A 2nd Lobo clone survived. But this one didn't fight like the others. Rather, he ran away. See he came from the weak end of the gene pool. Scrawnier, slower, weaker, and , as we later turned, suffering from a degenerative disease. However, while he'd never admit it and did his best to act the part of the uncaring jerk, he was also a true hero, and a near opposite of Lobo.

He went on take up the name Slobo, feeling he didn't deserve to be called Lobo. Unlike Li'l Lobo, Slobo would become an official member of YJ, becoming a real friend to several members and seemingly sharing romantic feelings with Anita Fite (Empress) And while Li'l Lobo was fun, Slobo is why I want Lobo to run into Klarion.

Because stupid as it sounds, Slobo is my 2nd favorite DC character, and the ONLY one who comes close to Cassandra Cain for me.

Shocker that DiDio hates them both

Mighty Member

The original Young Justice book.

Lobo was on Earth during the awesome Sins of Youth event, wherein Klarion turned every kid into an adult, and every adult into a kid. The result was Lobo becoming a teenager, and taking on the name Li'l Lobo. Li'l Lobo tried to frag Klarion but was unsuccessful. When the spell was undone, his age was unchanged, and since he had nothing better to do, he started hanging out with Young Justice. He even partook in a baseball game to save the home planet of Doiby Diggles!

Of course, Li'lLobo wasn't a permanent thing. During Our Worlds at War, YJ ended up on Apokolips in one of the single darkest stories in the book. Li'l Lobo ended up getting the crap kicked out of him, getting killed, but from all the blood that was spilled a whole army of Lobos grew. They of course all started killing each other until there was only one left, one who would go on to be Lobo for the rest of Pre-Flashpoint.

But what I just said isn't entirely true. A 2nd Lobo clone survived. But this one didn't fight like the others. Rather, he ran away. See he came from the weak end of the gene pool. Scrawnier, slower, weaker, and , as we later turned, suffering from a degenerative disease. However, while he'd never admit it and did his best to act the part of the uncaring jerk, he was also a true hero, and a near opposite of Lobo.

He went on take up the name Slobo, feeling he didn't deserve to be called Lobo. Unlike Li'l Lobo, Slobo would become an official member of YJ, becoming a real friend to several members and seemingly sharing romantic feelings with Anita Fite (Empress) And while Li'l Lobo was fun, Slobo is why I want Lobo to run into Klarion.

Because stupid as it sounds, Slobo is my 2nd favorite DC character, and the ONLY one who comes close to Cassandra Cain for me.

Shocker that DiDio hates them both
    hey, now i remember. although i didn't know that was the deal for slo-bo. so what happened with him now? i imagine things don't end well for clones of lobo.

hey, now i remember. although i didn't know that was the deal for slo-bo. so what happened with him now? i imagine things don't end well for clones of lobo.
    Well remember how I said DiDio hated him? (Of course you do I just said it) Well that sadly affected what happened.

Basically, Secret was going to devour the planet, having been manipulated by Darkseid. After Tim Drake talked her down, saving the world, Darkseid himself showed up. Slobo, knowing he was dying from his degenerative disease, tried to protect Secret from Darkseid and go down swinging. Unfortunately, his sacrifice was pointless, as Darkseid's "punishment" for Secret was taking her powers away. As a result of Slobo getting hit by the Omega Sanction, he didn't die. Instead, he was trapped inside the statue of himself in the HQ of YJ 1,000,000. And because of DiDio's irrational hatred for him, feeling that he "Almost ruined Lobo" (DiDio was quoted as saying this by Peter David), he was never seen or mentioned again, save for a blink and you'll miss it cameo in the non-canon Multiversity: The Just.

For the sake of my sanity, since YJ 1,000,000 DID say they were going to investigate the statue, I headcanon that over on the Pre-FP Earth, Slobo got freed and sent back to the past, where he got together with Anita and helped her raise her parents (Who were turned into babies)

Mighty Member

Well remember how I said DiDio hated him? (Of course you do I just said it) Well that sadly affected what happened.

Basically, Secret was going to devour the planet, having been manipulated by Darkseid. After Tim Drake talked her down, saving the world, Darkseid himself showed up. Slobo, knowing he was dying from his degenerative disease, tried to protect Secret from Darkseid and go down swinging. Unfortunately, his sacrifice was pointless, as Darkseid's "punishment" for Secret was taking her powers away. As a result of Slobo getting hit by the Omega Sanction, he didn't die. Instead, he was trapped inside the statue of himself in the HQ of YJ 1,000,000. And because of DiDio's irrational hatred for him, feeling that he "Almost ruined Lobo" (DiDio was quoted as saying this by Peter David), he was never seen or mentioned again, save for a blink and you'll miss it cameo in the non-canon Multiversity: The Just.

For the sake of my sanity, since YJ 1,000,000 DID say they were going to investigate the statue, I headcanon that over on the Pre-FP Earth, Slobo got freed and sent back to the past, where he got together with Anita and helped her raise her parents (Who were turned into babies)
    i really enjoyed young justice and thought todd knauck was perfect for it.

but it sounds thing got really complicated. anita, that's empress right? her parents got turned to babies? secret can devour the planet? didn't knew she was that powerful.

so slo-bo didn't die, but basically got forgotten in limbo.

i really enjoyed young justice and thought todd knauck was perfect for it.
    Nauck is an incredible artist. His style really was perfect for the book.

but it sounds thing got really complicated. anita, that's empress right?
    Yeah, that's her. (She's another one of my faves)

her parents got turned to babies?
    Surprisingly, THIS plot point actually reared its head again after YJ ended, as we saw in an issue of Supergirl that she was still taking care of them. (As for how it happened...yeah, it's complicated. )

secret can devour the planet? didn't knew she was that powerful.
    Greta was a warder, meaning when someone died, they passed through her, and she had an entire dimension inside her. And yeah, she was pretty dang powerful. Know who wanted to be her mentor? The Spectre.

so slo-bo didn't die, but basically got forgotten in limbo.
    Just like 90% of the characters I love.

Mighty Member

Greta was a warder, meaning when someone died, they passed through her, and she had an entire dimension inside her. And yeah, she was pretty dang powerful. Know who wanted to be her mentor? The Spectre.
    is this when hal jordan was the spectre?

Just like 90% of the characters I love.
    well, that's a bit better than dying i guess. which characters are you referring to btw? i think i usually see you in the blue beetle thread. (so ted kord?).

you know who's missing? booster gold has been alarmingly absent for this whole rebirth thing.

going back to lobo, i'm just glad the "real" lobo is back.

is this when hal jordan was the spectre?
    Yuppers.

which characters are you referring to btw? i think i usually see you in the blue beetle thread. (so ted kord?).
    It be easier to list the characters that I'm NOT referring to. But for the sake of my point, I'll list the heroes in my top 20 who are currently not around in ANY form, and in most cases, haven't been seen in a long time: Slobo, Bart Allen, Garth Ranzz, Booster Gold, Max Mercury, Cyclone, Invisible Kid, Ferro, Jack Knight (Though he's not in limbo, his story is done), XS, Wildcat, Red Tornado, and Argent. And then, going back into the top 20, there are the characters who are around now, but were in limbo for a LONG time: Cassandra Cain, Ted Kord, and Stephanie Brown. And THAT's not even getting into the many characters in that top 20 who have undergone character assassination.

you know who's missing? booster gold has been alarmingly absent for this whole rebirth thing.
    Its VERY conspicuous.

going back to lobo, i'm just glad the "real" lobo is back.
    A shame the JLA is a terrible fit for him.