Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yuppers.

It be easier to list the characters that I'm NOT referring to. But for the sake of my point, I'll list the heroes in my top 20 who are currently not around in ANY form, and in most cases, haven't been seen in a long time: Slobo, Bart Allen, Garth Ranzz, Booster Gold, Max Mercury, Cyclone, Invisible Kid, Ferro, Jack Knight (Though he's not in limbo, his story is done), XS, Wildcat, Red Tornado, and Argent. And then, going back into the top 20, there are the characters who are around now, but were in limbo for a LONG time: Cassandra Cain, Ted Kord, and Stephanie Brown. And THAT's not even getting into the many characters in that top 20 who have undergone character assassination.
    wish dc would hurry up with bringing back the lsh. i guess they have plans with them since saturn girl and phantom girl are in this century.

A shame the JLA is a terrible fit for him.
    glad someone said it.

The original Young Justice book.

Lobo was on Earth during the awesome Sins of Youth event, wherein Klarion turned every kid into an adult, and every adult into a kid. The result was Lobo becoming a teenager, and taking on the name Li'l Lobo. Li'l Lobo tried to frag Klarion but was unsuccessful. When the spell was undone, his age was unchanged, and since he had nothing better to do, he started hanging out with Young Justice. He even partook in a baseball game to save the home planet of Doiby Diggles! ]
    And Klarion's Hate for Lobo started all the way back in the 2nd Demon Series by Alan Grant in which Lobo was gee apping and nearly killed Tikal in that story.

Well remember how I said DiDio hated him? (Of course you do I just said it) Well that sadly affected what happened.
    The hate for Lobo wasn't just Dido. A lot of Comic Writers and the such didn't like him. Hey I was reading DC heavy at the time and it could be rather apparent.

A shame the JLA is a terrible fit for him.
    Sadly the JLA book is not a good fit for any of the characters in it. Much like Lobo, they are all just There. I dropped it after issue 6 if I recall. Right after the Lobo 2 part story. "Heart of a Basthich" which Lobo was HARDLY IN!

Mighty Member

I just learned that one reason we may have not gotten much Lobo over the years is because Dan Dildo(?) hates the character and thus nixes potential stories.

FRAG DAT BASTICH!

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    I just learned that one reason we may have not gotten much Lobo over the years is because Dan Dildo(?) hates the character and thus nixes potential stories.

FRAG DAT BASTICH!
    No Dan Didio likes Lobo. He just doesn't UNDERSTAND Lobo's appeal.

To him, Lobo becoming a satirical character was a mistake. So that means no stuff like the Paramilitary Christmas Special and the story where he got thrown out of Hell and Heaven because he was too evil and badass.