Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2017
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

To be honest, her SI has always been kind of loose at best. It was never as integral a part of her as it is for Superman. I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode. I hope it fills in a lot of the backstory about her early years on Earth. Particularly the development of her powers and why Superman chose the Danvers.
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    To be honest, her SI has always been kind of loose at best. It was never as integral a part of her as it is for Superman. I'm actually looking forward to next week's episode. I hope it fills in a lot of the backstory about her early years on Earth. Particularly the development of her powers and why Superman chose the Danvers.
    Not gonna lie, thought Kara would suggest visiting her friends on Flarrow Earth. And Kara would introduce Barry as her "Super Best Friend".

Cue another dance sequence!
    Listen, lady! I am thirteen years old and driving a Bat-hog through the Amazon on a Tuesday morning! I am ALREADY winning!

-Robin

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

‘Supergirl,’ ‘Arrow’ Producer Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations by Warner Bros

Warner Bros. TV Group has launched an investigation into allegations of inappropriate behavior by Andrew Kreisberg, an executive producer on the CW shows “Arrow,” “Supergirl,” “The Flash” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” Variety has learned. Kreisberg, who has been suspended by the studio, has engaged in a pattern of alleged sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact over a period of years, according to 15 women and four men who have worked with him.
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/warn...202612522/amp/

The-All-Purpose-Hollywood-Sexual-Accusation-Thread
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    ‘Supergirl,’ ‘Arrow’ Producer Suspended Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations by Warner Bros

I've known Kreisberg's had issues with writing female characters in the past, most notably Black Canary, so to some degree this doesn't surprise me.

And yet another name added to the list. I guess the old adage is true; when it rains, it pours.

OH COME ON! Get it together, WB! Is there something in the water there?

-Robin

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Angry

... I saw this in bleeding cool, first Bernanza, then Bret ratner(With Gal Gadot) and now this... IS HORRIBLE..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Mighty Member

This sister flashback episode really felt like a Smallville episode. No wonder there was Easter eggs to that show with Erica Durance and the Chloe reference.

CLARK HAD THE TRUNKS IN THAT UNIVERSE!!!!! WHAT! WHAT!

The Chloe references were a little unnerving given recent revelations but I hardly hold that against the producers of a show that was probably made months ago. And, yes, this very much felt like a Smallville episode. Which I'm guessing was the point.

-Robin

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    CLARK HAD THE TRUNKS IN THAT UNIVERSE!!!!! WHAT! WHAT!

The Chloe references were a little unnerving given recent revelations but I hardly hold that against the producers of a show that was probably made months ago. And, yes, this very much felt like a Smallville episode. Which I'm guessing was the point.
    Ten years ago he did anyway. Now he doesn't. I wonder what motivated him to stop wearing them?
    Yes, adding Chloe to the list of characters in the Arrow-verse was a nice touch. Too bad real life had to rain on the parade.
    Also nice easter-egg having the J'onn's name as the fake FBI agent be Noel Neill (Lois Lane on the Adventures of Superman)
    And played by another Lois Lane. So two former Lois Lanes and a shout-out to another on Supergirl.
    But if this is sort of Smallville 2.0, does that mean the other Kara wasn't really Supergirl after all?
    Anyway, cute filler episode. Very effects lite. I guess they are saving up money for the cross-over.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Ten years ago he did anyway. Now he doesn't. I wonder what motivated him to stop wearing them?
    Probably due to everybody saying he was wearing his underwear on the outside.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But if this is sort of Smallville 2.0, does that mean the other Kara wasn't really Supergirl after all?
    This was an Easter egg. Chloe exists on this world(Earth-38) in the multiverse but this show is not tied to Smallville continuity-wise.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 11-14-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    BRING BACK CONNER KENT!!!

I loved the Chloe shout out. Did any of you catch the other one with "Agent" Noel Neill the original Lois Lane played by Smallvilles Lois.
    Richard Alexander