Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2130

The viewership has been steadily increasing since the season started and two of the last three episodes have been the highest rated all season. So apparently people that were bummed out
    about last season are starting to come back. And it is the 4th highest rated show and the 3rd most watched on the CW. Interesting to see where the ratings will be after the 9 week break.

Astonishing Member

Looks like they're starting to sow the seeds for the collapse of Mon-El and Irma's marriage..revealing that it was arranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Looks like they're starting to sow the seeds for the collapse of Mon-El and Irma's marriage..revealing that it was arranged.
    Up until a century or so ago most marriages were arranged. With royalty and other heads of state it was to strengthen bonds between countries. Among the commoners it was to unite two families.
    Marriage for love is a fairly recent thing and the problem with that is people tend to fall out of love, leading to divorce in a lot of cases. Most people fall out of love after three years. Arranged marriages
    were more stable because the reasons for the marriage tend to be more long term.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yes, the tragedy of being pushed into marrying someone who looks and sounds like Imra/Amy Jackson (I know there's more to the story than that, but still... )
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Up until a century or so ago most marriages were arranged. With royalty and other heads of state it was to strengthen bonds between countries. Among the commoners it was to unite two families.
    Marriage for love is a fairly recent thing and the problem with that is people tend to fall out of love, leading to divorce in a lot of cases. Most people fall out of love after three years. Arranged marriages
    were more stable because the reasons for the marriage tend to be more long term.
    My parents married for love and have stayed together more than fifty years

OTOH Melissa Benoist and Kaley Cuoco married for love and those marriages lasted about a year or so. It was such a big deal for them that Melissa Benoist got her husband a gig on her show
    and Kaley Cuoco had her married name in the credits, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting. Now Adam Foster is a name not to be mentioned and it's back to just Kaley Cuoco.

Mighty Member

I like this Samantha/ Reign split personality

Some people don't really know what love is though... They think they do but realize they don't far too late.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I like this Samantha/ Reign split personality
    And also liked that Kara seemed to be getting through to Julia until Alex let her own personal baggage get in the way. It was Alex that caused Julia to freak out in the first place during the home invasion.
    I wonder if Pestilence will also be a normal woman who gets triggered.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

During dialogue between Kara and Alex at the bar I thought I heard Hans Zimmer's MoS theme, some bits of it for sure.

I was under the impression that the weird reactions Alex was having was because of Purity's underlying ability (one she wasn't consciously using when the DEO crashed her home but active nonetheless). I'm probably thinking that because of her name and how she seemed to be 'exposing' certain truths and nudging people (Alex) in certain ways.

What are Purity's powers?

She seemed like a possessed new Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What are Purity's powers?

She seemed like a possessed new Black Canary.
    It's unclear, but she does have the base powers of strength, speed, and durability, coupled with the sonic attack (and flight), but I've got a feeling she may be able to influence people - trigger them to reveal 'truths' about themselves.

It doesn't seem like Purity has heat vision or she would have used it by now. Surprised that Supergirl hasn't used the Thunder Clap since the cross-over. Seems like that would be a good counter measure to
    Purity's sonic scream or even to use against Reign or Mama Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It doesn't seem like Purity has heat vision or she would have used it by now. Surprised that Supergirl hasn't used the Thunder Clap since the cross-over. Seems like that would be a good counter measure to
    Purity's sonic scream or even to use against Reign or Mama Luthor.
    I don't think it would be that effective against Purity - especially since her sonic-thing is geared to counter a Kryptonian's molecular structure - although, perhaps Kara can counter with her own vocals (ala Final Crisis).

If Pestilence has a decay touch, I might end up comparing it with the effects in The Flying Jatt