Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1770

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They probably wanted to use Renee, but got pushback from higher up about using Batman characters.
    You could be right. Renee Montoya was on the first season of Gotham. While she has dropped off the face of the Earth since then, Fox might still have the option to use Renee again.
    Which may preclude her from being on Supergirl. I can't recall any characters on Gotham that have been in any of the CW shows. Not on Supergirl anyway.

Didn't expect that they would show evidence that Kara and Mon-El had been intimate. I guess Supergirl really is becoming a CW show.

So no Guardian again in this episode. Not that I care one way or the other.

"Homecoming" (s02e14)

Dean. Cain.

That about sums up this episode for me. I always have mixed feelings about stunt, excuse me, legacy casting when it comes to franchise movies and TV shows. But nostalgia clouds my judgment here a bit. This was the first SUPERGIRL episode to focus this much on Dean Cain's Jeremiah Danvers. And Dean delivered. For me anyway. He was obviously not on the up and up, but he was not unsympathetic, either.

Speaking of unsympathetic, I get that Kara and Alex would be ecstatic to have their dad back, but it kinda seemed like only Mon-El hadn't taken any stupid pills regarding the suspicious nature of Jeremiah ... and J'onn OD'ed on those same pills. The Martian Manhunter should not have been so easily fooled by Jeremiah, or at least tried reading his mind before it was too late.

I love the conflict between Kara and Alex. Kara still has memories of her bio-dad Zoe, but to Alex Jeremiah is the be-all and end-all of dads in her life, so it makes sense that Alex would be way more protective of Jeremiah than Kara would be.

I kinda feel nothing toward this show's Cyborg Superman. I feel like calling him Evil Cyborg, since he reminds me of an older malevolent Vic Stone.

Liking Mon-El a little more with each episode so far. Glad they showed that Kara did indeed sleep with him. No ambiguity there. Also, that private hallway meeting with Dean tells me that Mon-El is definitely the crown prince of Daxam, son of King Kevin Sorbo and Queen Teri Hatcher. Oh, and that secret is probably that the Royal Family of Daxam were hardcore alien slave traders. Just my hypothesis.

I feel like tonight's ep will be a make or break so for this season. But the Homecoming ep was better than expected.

Oh, shoot, totally forgot: No James for the 3rd straight ep!

Grade: B ... no James makes it a B+.

That scene where Supergirl had to stop that Cadmus spaceship from warping into space was pretty cool.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That scene where Supergirl had to stop that Cadmus spaceship from warping into space was pretty cool.
    Best part of the episode, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

"Exodus" (s02e15)

The best Alex Danvers episode yet.

She owned this ep and elevated every scene she was in.

And actually, this was probably the strongest overall episode of SUPERGIRL (that didn't feature Tyler Hoechlin) to date.

The opening scene with the seemingly "normal" family being stopped by "cops" and then abducted was very jarring. SUPERGIRL has definitely staked its claim as the most liberal of superhero shows (not that any of the Berlantiverse shows aren't progressive, just that Kara's show is the most unabashedly proud of its progressive roots ... and I say this self-identifying as mostly liberal).

Cadmus forcibly deporting the aliens back to their homeworlds reminded me to a small degree of what is actually happening politically in America right now regarding ICE deportations (but that is a topic for another thread).

Dean Cain was better than expected here. Sucks that he is still under Cadmus' control at the end. Mon-El and J'Onn both largely sidelined here, except for J'Onn impersonating Jeremiah to prove that Alex was not reliable in her duty to the DEO. That was stone cold of J'Onn (where was that foresight when they first found Jeremiah under so easy circumstances last episode?). And Mon-El convincing Kara to blog about the abductions.

I thoroughly enjoyed Snapper Car here. Kara Danvers the reporter is way too self-righteous about getting her story published. She seriously fit the easy stereotype of the "entitled millennial" in the CatCo scenes. She's a bad journalist. Great hero, bad journalist. And she 100% deserved to get fired after blogging the story when Snapper wouldn't run it. It won't last, because the show still needs to use the set, I mean, because Kara will bounce back and win her job back like the llittle engine that could.

Enjoyed Lena Luthor's presence. That shot of a rising Kara carrying Lena in her arms ... way to troll the Kara/Lena shippers, guys. Lena has more onscreen chemistry with Kara than anyone not named Kal on this show.

James made a very brief appearance, and even then, he couldn't save Lyra from being kidnapped. He's the worst.

The scene with Kara and Alex trying to stop the ship def reminded me of ST2:TWOK with the glass between their palms bit. Very emotional.

And the stinger with Mon-El's ominous parents, the King and Queen of Daxam, aka Kevin Sorbo and TERRI HATCHER! left me wanting to see the next episode right then and there.

Overall Grade: A

I actually thought for a bit that Alex and the aliens would really end up being blasted into the other side of the universe and have space adventures and stuff offscreen.

Don't trust people who fix cars with red tape.

Alex was a massive screw-up this episode - she did fairly well in discovering where Cadmus was - then she pretty much went alone against a facility full of enemy agents, including at least two enemy agents capable of fist-fighting kryptonians and martians.

Kara is a horrible journalist - I hope they abandon the journalist plot because a) without Cat, CatCo is clearly holding the show back and b) It is too much of a riff on Clark and c) Kara is a horrible journalist.

"You're the only Superman we need" - is this another cryptic hint that Jeremiah will be the True Final Boss of the season as Cyborg-Superman?

I kinda feel nothing toward this show's Cyborg Superman. I feel like calling him Evil Cyborg, since he reminds me of an older malevolent Vic Stone.
    Show really doesn't seem to know what to do with Hank - his tale was pretty important and he has good reasons for grudges with the heroes, but so far he has been just a immensely powerful goon. The Real Hank Henshaw seems to be pretty much a thug and underling to Lillian, pretty much devoid of personality and free will. I'm surprised we still have Lillian around, I thought she would stay until the midseason, then Hank would take over as the main villain.

James made a very brief appearance, and even then, he couldn't save Lyra from being kidnapped. He's the worst.
    He dressed in like two minutes in full-body armor. He was lucky the bad guys didn't get away then.

Cadmus forcibly deporting the aliens back to their homeworlds reminded me to a small degree of what is actually happening politically in America right now regarding ICE deportations (but that is a topic for another thread).
    If Cadmus just wanted to deport aliens in the first place I would considered them antivillains instead. That could have made them look more sympathetic.
    Also, Scorcher was right!

And actually, this was probably the strongest overall episode of SUPERGIRL (that didn't feature Tyler Hoechlin) to date.
    No, that was Hostile Takeover back in S01. But this one was pretty good too.

They sure have given her a lot of padding this season on her costume!! Must have gotten a bigger budget!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv1D...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlvh...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by gwhh; 03-12-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Can't explain it ... but despite the presence of Super-alum Terri Hatcher, I've got a bad feeling about tonight's episode.

Supergirl and Wynn both had relationship problems tonight.

Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood (Mon-El) are apparently dating in real life.

It's kind of funny for this to come out the same day this episode airs, given the way it ends .

Though in all seriousness, I enjoy these two together on-screen and wish them happiness in real life. I hope this relationship ends better for Melissa then the last time she dated a co-star .

I love Supergirl. She's one of the most lovable characters on TV. But that break-up with her and Mon-El just felt so forced. The fact that Wynn could forgive his girlfriend after her lies nearly put him in jail means Supergirl has no excuse. It's not like Mon-El lied to really hurt her. And it's not like they had an opportunity to really learn about each other. Even with superpowers, it takes time to learn all the intricate details about someone. She didn't even give him a chance. I'm not saying that ruins her, but I still think it just felt too forced.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love Supergirl. She's one of the most lovable characters on TV. But that break-up with her and Mon-El just felt so forced. The fact that Wynn could forgive his girlfriend after her lies nearly put him in jail means Supergirl has no excuse. It's not like Mon-El lied to really hurt her. And it's not like they had an opportunity to really learn about each other. Even with superpowers, it takes time to learn all the intricate details about someone. She didn't even give him a chance. I'm not saying that ruins her, but I still think it just felt too forced.
    I agree. There are lies and then there are lies and Mon-El's weren't the unforgivable type, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

And it's not like her bias against Daxamites didn't give him a good enough reason to hide it from her.

The Flash crossover musical was pretty good. I liked Music Meister's reason for his actions.

Melissa/Kara sang a pretty good cover of "Moon River".