Page 749 of 751 FirstFirst ... 249649699739745746747748749750751 LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 11255
  1. #11221
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theusher View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the Metabaron/s series but I see there's a listing on Amazon for Book 3 (if that's the next one) for June 1, 2018:

    https://www.amazon.com/Metabaron-3-O...dp/1594658536/
    oops, I've missed this. Yeah this should be the one.

  2. #11222
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    you will rarely find in rint books in LCSs that are cheaper in the shop than online. Also since the Franch/Belgian market is pretty big and they have plenty of their own books I think it's more likely for them to translate the english books to french. I don't really see the point selling French books translated to english in France.
    Was it an original panel you got or a print? In any case, it must be gorgeous.
    It's a print, small frame. It depicts the Amarillo album, I believe, where the protagonist rides with some biker goats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    2.) it might depend on sales. I wouldn't wait for them just for the box set. I'm sure if if they have copies of vol5 to put it in a box the single volumes will reappear for sale too.
    3.) I would say follow Humanoids on facebook for more info, I didn't see anything yet other than a couple of promo pages.
    re: Prince Valiant... yeah that makes sense. I think I'll procure the single volumes, then. I usually don't go for old-timey art (anything before the 70s, in my philistine opinion) but Foster's art is just so damn gorgeous!

    Quote Originally Posted by theusher View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the Metabaron/s series but I see there's a listing on Amazon for Book 3 (if that's the next one) for June 1, 2018:

    https://www.amazon.com/Metabaron-3-O...dp/1594658536/
    Ah yep that's the one. Thanks!

  3. #11223
    Mighty Member Nick Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    Surprise there is no JMS Thor omnibus coming soon

    afaiK there has been only one printing 2010?

  4. #11224
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    This is probably blasphemous but I just finished the Goddamned OHC and really enjoyed it. LOL
    Is Aaron going to continue the series?

  5. #11225
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This is probably blasphemous but I just finished the Goddamned OHC and really enjoyed it. LOL
    Is Aaron going to continue the series?
    Why would it be blasphemous? It's the same team that gave us scalped. Is it getting negative reviews? Have yet to start it myself.

  6. #11226
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Why would it be blasphemous? It's the same team that gave us scalped. Is it getting negative reviews? Have yet to start it myself.
    I said that statement with a touch of irony or humor. Nothing to do with the creative team. When you read it you will understand the statement.

  7. #11227
    Spectacular Member pch3727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Why would it be blasphemous? It's the same team that gave us scalped. Is it getting negative reviews? Have yet to start it myself.
    The story is a very loose and raw retelling of early biblical stories. I'll leave it at that.

  8. #11228
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,184

    Default

    Does anyone know if Image ever fixed the Black Science Hardcover vol#1 edition? I bought it when it originally came out and it had all kinds of issues, so I sent it back and never re-ordered it because I wanted to wait to make sure I wouldn't get another bad copy.
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  9. #11229
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Does anyone know if Image ever fixed the Black Science Hardcover vol#1 edition? I bought it when it originally came out and it had all kinds of issues, so I sent it back and never re-ordered it because I wanted to wait to make sure I wouldn't get another bad copy.
    Which issues? The original run had some lettering that thinned out and was light in spots but had sewn binding. These were pulped but some made it into circulation. The second run had the lettering fixed but had a pretty bad glued binding from my understanding. I happened into one of the sewn copies and the lettering issue was not bad enough for me to forego the better binding. I don't know if they have ever had any new print runs with the fixed lettering and a better binding. It's really too bad this book went through these problems since it likely put off some buyers. It was a blind buy for me and I really enjoyed it, but I probably would have given it a pass based on the binding issues then I found the sewn copy at a local B&N and was able to judge the impact of the printing issue first hand.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

  10. #11230
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brussels, EU
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Does anyone know if Image ever fixed the Black Science Hardcover vol#1 edition? I bought it when it originally came out and it had all kinds of issues, so I sent it back and never re-ordered it because I wanted to wait to make sure I wouldn't get another bad copy.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Scien...ience+premiere

    This is coming out in April, but no words on exactly what 'remastered' means.

  11. #11231
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Scien...ience+premiere

    This is coming out in April, but no words on exactly what 'remastered' means.
    Cool, thanks
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  12. #11232
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    12,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Which issues? The original run had some lettering that thinned out and was light in spots but had sewn binding. These were pulped but some made it into circulation. The second run had the lettering fixed but had a pretty bad glued binding from my understanding. I happened into one of the sewn copies and the lettering issue was not bad enough for me to forego the better binding. I don't know if they have ever had any new print runs with the fixed lettering and a better binding. It's really too bad this book went through these problems since it likely put off some buyers. It was a blind buy for me and I really enjoyed it, but I probably would have given it a pass based on the binding issues then I found the sewn copy at a local B&N and was able to judge the impact of the printing issue first hand.
    I posted the pics here when it first came out. IIRC, the lettering was so thinned out in my copy that I couldn't read the text. But the worst part of the book (and I've never seen this before) were the pages. They actually curved in a weird way. I would have to see if I still have the pics to show you. It was horrible.
    “I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.”---Daredevil

    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

    "I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

  13. #11233
    Mighty Member Hellboydce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shrewsbury
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    You may of seen them but if not.....

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...UzL&ref=plSrch

    Finally, but strange we are getting Wrath and not the Greg Pak stuff


    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...sBL&ref=plSrch

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...EYL&ref=plSrch
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 11-17-2017 at 05:11 AM.

  14. #11234
    Fantastic Member JPAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Upon further research this has in fact been cancelled. According to Edelweiss at least.
    Vertigo by Brubaker just popped up again on Amazon.

  15. #11235
    Spectacular Member pch3727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    You may of seen them but if not.....

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...UzL&ref=plSrch

    Finally, but strange we are getting Wrath and not the Greg Pak stuff


    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...sBL&ref=plSrch

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/168...EYL&ref=plSrch
    Great news! Now I hope we get Kindt's XO in Deluxe by the end of 2018. I'm pretty confident we will as everything else he has done for Valiant seems to be in deluxe format.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •