Page 719 of 721 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721 LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 10812
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    lvizzz -- those two Dredds are part of the mega collection? They made them look like individual books of specific story arcs instead of just the continuing complete volumes. Are they in color? Thanks
    I think you're confusing the Mega Collection with the Case Files? The Case Files are collecting everything chronologically, the Mega Collection is a sort of 'best of' collection. Books are either whole stories or collections of stories linked by character or theme.
    The Mega Collection has both B+W and colour books. Some books are reproducing colour double spreads on early stories, which the Case Files don't, but not all.

Can this cause damage to my books? If so should i start stacking my bigger books instead of standing them up? Or is there anything i can do to keep them standing without this happening?

IMG_1339.jpg
    Last edited by RickyMeister; 08-12-2017 at 04:12 AM.

I lay them flat. It doesn't look so good as standing up, but you don't get any troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I lay them flat. It doesn't look so good as standing up, but you don't get any troubles.
    Looks like i need to get another shelf asap

All-New Member

Cut a length of card narrower than the omnibus width and double it up a few times until it fills the gap between the pages and the shelf. I tend to use old comic boards. Also, fold back one end like a "L" shape. That way you can slide the book back onto the shelf and the card stays at the open end.

Quote Originally Posted by GEEeBEEe23 View Post
    Cut a length of card narrower than the omnibus width and double it up a few times until it fills the gap between the pages and the shelf. I tend to use old comic boards. Also, fold back one end like a "L" shape. That way you can slide the book back onto the shelf and the card stays at the open end.
    I will give it a try thanks

Stacking can actually cause more damage to the spine.
    Currently Reading:
    Torso by Brian Michael Bendis
    Monster by Naoki Urasawa

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    What do you do with your big books?

Not when you stack them first with the spine to the front and the next with the spine to the back and so on. At least that's how I've learned it. And I'm doing this for years now. Never had any problems with my comics.

Fantastic Member

I've heard that before, but I'm not sure how. I mean sure, if you stack them ten high or something I guess...but these books generally consist of pretty dense high quality paper that isn't likely to compress much...as opposed to say pulp or something. Many libraries and book conservation groups recommend stacking large volumes horizontally...with the caveat that the stacks not be overly high. I've been doing it for some time now and I've noticed some of my books that had wavy pages have flattened out perfectly now and the page blocks are nice and straight as opposed to sagging like in the pic above. I just can't be bothered to put little fillers in each book to prop the blocks up...

The only time I had damage from stacking books is when my metal book case buckled at the bottom and
    I did not discover it and ended up damaging my Starman vol.1 because it had a bunch of books on top and
    a big gap under it from the shelf buckling.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    The only time I had damage from stacking books is when my metal book case buckled at the bottom and
    I did not discover it and ended up damaging my Starman vol.1 because it had a bunch of books on top and
    a big gap under it from the shelf buckling.
    ah yes that I can understand. I'm blessed with a couple book shelves that have very sturdy shelves that don't bend...

Started reading latest Dredd book and it's amazing. Just look at it.

Finished Insurrection story at work today. What a book! It adds so much to Dredd-verse in terms of world creation and new approach to the story; there is whole world of colonies out there working for MG-1, not just Luna - 1 or colony for Judges on Saturn. Story has this grand scale which was always missing from Dredd's world, like from best sci-fi operas: starship battles, huge weapons, thousands of troops wearing heavy armors which look like taken from W40K - well, it's Abnett all right. Don't get me wrong: it doesn't change your lives or anything but it's great epic read. And it shows true face of Judges, specially those from SJS: pure terror and control above all.

And those robots believe in JSC and god cracks me well up. Not much humor or satire in this book, it's very different from what I've read so far, but still great book. Highly recommend! Can't believe it's 67th book in collection and they still can surprise me. There is so much space in Dredd-verse for stories, 40 years and still kicking. No alternate universes, no reboots, no heroes coming back to life, no all that BS which you can find in books from 'great' Marvel or DC. 2000 AD for ages!

Does anybody have all three GJ Green Lantern Omnibus and be able to tell me the cover prices, please? I can't find that information for some reason...
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"