Page 807 of 807 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807
Results 12,091 to 12,103 of 12103
  1. #12091
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I have loved everything so far, I really look forward to these being released (and I’m not even a massive JB fan, I only like Daniel Craig JB)
    Ditto.

    Really impressed with the series.

  2. #12092
    Incredible Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I have loved everything so far, I really look forward to these being released (and Iím not even a massive JB fan, I only like Daniel Craig JB)
    Hmm, myabe' I'll rethink the Diggle stuff when it comes out in tpb. I'll see if I can find some sample or something before

  3. #12093
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Some of it is absolutely awesome (Eidolon, VARGR, Felix Leiter and the Casino Royale adaptation in particular), others are good but nothing special, such as Black Box. I would definitely pick themu up though!

    P.S. They are covered in the (in progress) James Bond Guide in my signature, including some reviews (not amazing, but I had never done one before :P).

    We also have a pretty active Dynamite (and sometimes general) James Bond thread here.
    Last edited by Enigma; 07-14-2018 at 06:50 AM.

  4. #12094
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm new to collecting omnibuses and want to ask if anyone has tips/suggestions for getting a "whale"? I badly want Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four vol 1 but I can't pay $300+ for it.

  5. #12095
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Edit: Mistake
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Black Hammer: The Quantum Age, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Go Go Power Rangers, Gideon Falls, Babyteeth

    I want to lie shipwrecked and comatose, drinking fresh mango juice. Goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes. Fun, fun, fun in the sun, sun, sun.

  6. #12096
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    I'm new to collecting omnibuses and want to ask if anyone has tips/suggestions for getting a "whale"? I badly want Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four vol 1 but I can't pay $300+ for it.
    Do you have a favourite kidney?

  7. #12097
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    I'm new to collecting omnibuses and want to ask if anyone has tips/suggestions for getting a "whale"? I badly want Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four vol 1 but I can't pay $300+ for it.
    I have two suggestions. The first is just persistence on eBay. Looking at sold listings, I see that a Hickman FF vol 1 omni went for over $300 in early May with multiple bids. A few days later someone bought one as Buy It Now at $150. So occasionally people are wanting to sell fast or don't quite realize the value of the book they have. So you have to be the guy who notices the Buy It Now before anyone else. Which means systematically checking on eBay multiple times a day, for days, weeks, months on end.

    My second suggestion is trying to focus instead on newly solicited books and pre-ordering them at half price on DCBS (or buying them day of release, at 42% or 50% off on IST). For the cost of one $300 whale you could get 5 or 6 new omnis. You'll be able to build an awesome library just by buying new books for half cover-price as soon as they come out.

    I have multiple whales but try to shrug it off and hope they'll get reprinted eventually.

  8. #12098
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    32

    Default

    In reading Gaiman's A Study in Emerald, did I twig correctly that the whole time it was

    spoilers:
    Moriarty & some new dude named Major that were the protagonists, and Holmes/Watson were the anarchists looking to overthrow the Chthulu Queen while posing as, in that instance, stage actors?
    end of spoilers

    If yes, then holy shit I want that as a regular series NOW!!!
    Last edited by newparisian; 07-15-2018 at 03:48 PM.

  9. #12099
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    In reading Gaiman's A Study in Emerald, did I twig correctly that the whole time it was

    spoilers:
    Moriarty & some new dude named Major that were the protagonists, and Holmes/Watson were the anarchists looking to overthrow the Chthulu Queen while posing as, in that instance, stage actors?
    end of spoilers

    If yes, then holy shit I want that as a regular series NOW!!!
    yes that was the twist (I believe the "new dude" was from the original Doyle novels too.
    Love this story and absolutely would read at least an 8-10 issue mini of it but only from Gaiman (maybe Carey)

  10. #12100
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes that was the twist (I believe the "new dude" was from the original Doyle novels too.
    Love this story and absolutely would read at least an 8-10 issue mini of it but only from Gaiman (maybe Carey)
    Awesome, thanks!!

  11. #12101
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,398

    Default

    Thoughts on Shaolin Cowboy? Dark Horse just released a nice looking OHC this week of the first 7 original issues.

  12. #12102
    Incredible Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thoughts on Shaolin Cowboy? Dark Horse just released a nice looking OHC this week of the first 7 original issues.
    I haven't read this one yet, but I've read the two follow ups. Love Darrow's art. Story isn't much, just wacky shit happening. He's a super nice guy too, met him last year. Very humble.

  13. #12103
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Do they announce new collections for comicon?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •