Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284
Results 4,246 to 4,256 of 4256
    Newbie Member

Questions/Speculation on the Image reprinting of Brubaker and Phillips' Criminal:

I can't help but think this was all in the grand plan of him signing exclusively with Image. After hearing Hickman talk on the 11 O'clock Podcast about how much money he made in 2014 off of Image books, it makes perfect sense that he'd want to reprint Criminal through Image.

Has anyone put the old volumes side-by-side with the new Image ones? Differences in production quality? Any new extra material? Missing material?

Also, do you think this means eventual solicits for new Deluxe/HC editions? Looks like it'll be reprinted through vol. 4 by April. Even if they're in line with what Image has been putting out along the lines of Fatale (as it's a Brubaker and Phillips book), I'd be thrilled with that! I just wonder if they'll milk all the trades first and wait a bit before HC solicits. Sometimes the Image HCs come out very quickly upon the closing of an arc, or take much longer (like with Manhattan Projects).

My latest haul (with rare Kramers Ergot 7 hardcover on the background and russian version of Scott Pilgrom)

Nice haul Roland, but oh my they shrunk The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil that much!!! You should've gone for the Jonathan Cape version... Perhaps you can still get that one when you enjoy it, which I;m sure you will, and sell this tiny copy.

How is Metabarons? I have the Incal and loved the Jodorosky documentary on Dune. Also, any inside scoop on Orion Omnibus, Amazon just said it was delayed. I love that GL omnibus, but I can't see getting it until I read what I have!

Did anyone get the Marvel 75 year book from Taschen by Roy Thomas?

Finished Chninkel and it was indeed very good. A bit absurd at times but it was certainly unique and made for a great experience. Loved Bom-Bom especially.
    RIP Superior foes of spider-man! We will miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Nice haul Roland, but oh my they shrunk The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil that much!!! You should've gone for the Jonathan Cape version... Perhaps you can still get that one when you enjoy it, which I;m sure you will, and sell this tiny copy.
    Oh, this is incredible book, but in so small format! So there is a bigger version? I need it now then.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How is Metabarons? I have the Incal and loved the Jodorosky documentary on Dune. Also, any inside scoop on Orion Omnibus, Amazon just said it was delayed. I love that GL omnibus, but I can't see getting it until I read what I have!

I think the original Metabarons series is my favorite Jodo book.

oh, nice haul Roland, as always.
    my Metabarons collection is still on the way to me, a rare occasion of delayed delivery from amazon UK...
    i see Warren Ellis's Trees is out - i was just going to dive in the digital copies of it

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Oh, this is incredible book, but in so small format! So there is a bigger version? I need it now then.
    Yeah I know I loved it. The Jonathan Cape hardcover is 21.9 x 2.6 x 30.4 cm, whereas the Picador version is only a mere 15.8 x 2.5 x 22.4 cm

For European customer, Frank Miller's Daredevil Edition is available for preorder at FP.co.uk: http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/fra...r#.VPGed_mG9Ao

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post

Matabarons is amazing. It was the best book I read last year. As ER Priest said it's easily Jodorosky's best work. The artwork as absolutely brilliant as well. The sequel Castaka wasn't anywhere near as good though.