Page 686 of 705 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 10565

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Also, other publishers seem to get on the big TPBs train lately, like Dark horse's Conan. Here is what they solicited now:

Colder Omnibus TP
    Paul Tobin (W) and Juan Ferreyra (A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 27
    FC, 424 pages • $24.99 • TP, 7” x 10”
    Declan Thomas, the former patient of an insane asylum that was destroyed in a fire, has the strange ability to step inside a person’s madness—and sometimes cure it. He hopes to one day cure his own, but time is running out, as a demonic predator pursues him.
    Collects the entire Colder series.
    Written by Eisner Award winner Paul Tobin (Bandette)!
    Art by Green Arrow’s Juan Ferreyra!
    Interested with this one since somebody has recommend that to me. Do you have an opinion on series, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Go back a page. There are amazon links and some discussion.
    I did. Was still confused. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hellboy in Hell aka library edition 7

BPRD hardcovers of the Hell on Earth story line that follows Plague of Frogs. same deal, 3 tpbs in one hardcover, standard size

2 Abe Sapient hardcovers collecting his ongoing, or trades 3-8, and apparently another unannounced hardcover collecting trades 1, 2, and 9 later on. Same deal as the BPRD books, standard size
    Thanks! Four books in all then. (At this point - not including the unannounced Abe book). That's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I did. Was still confused. Ha.

Thanks! Four books in all then. (At this point - not including the unannounced Abe book). That's great news.
    Well, a little more. The Hell on Earth hardcovers will probably come out to be like 4 or 5 total. There are about 80 issues or so I think?

I've decided to break my omnibus virginity! Where is the "go to" place for affordable omnis in the UK?
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I've decided to break my omnibus virginity! Where is the "go to" place for affordable omnis in the UK?
    Forbidden Planet or just have a look on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    forbidden planet for good packaging but if you are willing to risk a few dings for a bigger discount then speedyhen or wordery (often speedyhen is cheaper on their ebay store than on the website).
    Or cheap-comics.com, they have great packaging but only have good discounts on sale items.

It has arrived! I've been waiting to read this book for so long. And will get it signed in two weeks.

Looks great with W&D. Image delivers, as always.

Fantastic Member

Man, I guess I'm going to have to get some glue and start getting good at binding repair. It's frustrating these books sometimes...I just got my copy of USS Stevens and unboxed it and was really pleased. Thick paper, great looking book with a nice sewn binding...lovely. Opened it up and flipped thru the pages a bit and was pleased. Then I take a look at the bottom of the book and the ribbon/paper has completely separated from the page block. Happened while I was looking through the book because I had looked at it right off the bat and it was still glued in place. It's way too common with these big books - they don't use enough quantity or quality of glue in there. The sewn bindings are just too fragile. I mean I have several books where the paper has completely come off the page block and the books are still holding together, but it sure doesn't feel very solid at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Man, I guess I'm going to have to get some glue and start getting good at binding repair. It's frustrating these books sometimes...I just got my copy of USS Stevens and unboxed it and was really pleased. Thick paper, great looking book with a nice sewn binding...lovely. Opened it up and flipped thru the pages a bit and was pleased. Then I take a look at the bottom of the book and the ribbon/paper has completely separated from the page block. Happened while I was looking through the book because I had looked at it right off the bat and it was still glued in place. It's way too common with these big books - they don't use enough quantity or quality of glue in there. The sewn bindings are just too fragile. I mean I have several books where the paper has completely come off the page block and the books are still holding together, but it sure doesn't feel very solid at all.
    Sorry to hear that. I'm halfway through mine but there haven't been any binding problems whatsoever. Sure, it's a bit tight, but that's it.

do you flex the binding before opening the book?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    do you flex the binding before opening the book?
    yep...that's actually what I was doing before I noticed the issue. The book itself looks great though. Love the artwork. I'm real gentle with these books too. I never flex them fully open.

yep...that's actually what I was doing before I noticed the issue. The book itself looks great though. Love the artwork. I'm real gentle with these books too. I never flex them fully open.
    Not that the strip of paper shouldn't stay on, but the good news, I think anyway, is that it's purely put on there for aesthetic purposes only to cover the woven ribbon the pages are actually bound to. You could completely remove that paper strip that separates from the ribbon and it won't actually effect the binding at all. I think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The End League Library Edition HC
    Rick Remender (W), Mat Broome (A), Eric Canete (A/Cover), Sean Parsons (A), Ashley MacDonald (A), Wendy Broome (C), Matthew Wilson (C), and Naomi Baker (C)
    On sale Sept 20
    FC, 248 pages • $39.99 • HC, 8″ x 12”
    The genre-bending New York Times bestseller is now available in a deluxe oversized format! A thematic merging of The Lord of the Rings and Watchmen, The End League follows the last remaining superheroes on Earth as they embark on a desperate quest to find the one artifact that can save humanity—the Hammer of Thor. Superstar writer Rick Remender (Fear Agent, Tokyo Ghost) is joined by comics legends Mat Broome (X-Men, Batman) and Eric Canete (Iron Man, Martian Manhunter) on a perilous journey to save the world!
    Collects all nine issues of the series.
    Oversize library format matches the best-selling Fear Agent library editions!
    Anyone read this? I haven't but I gotta get it to go with my Fear Agent library editions that I loved!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Not that the strip of paper shouldn't stay on, but the good news, I think anyway, is that it's purely put on there for aesthetic purposes only to cover the woven ribbon the pages are actually bound to. You could completely remove that paper strip that separates from the ribbon and it won't actually effect the binding at all. I think anyway.
    hmmm, not sure that's correct. The woven ribbon is just a little bit at each end of the paper strip and it comes off with the paper when it separates. Basically, once that happens there's nothing holding all them purdy pages together but a thin bit of thread. It feels sketchy at best. My copy of the Stand Omnibus is terrible in that way. I'm afraid to open it...

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Anyone read this? I haven't but I gotta get it to go with my Fear Agent library editions that I loved!
    I read it when it came out way back when. IT was good, very dense a lot of story per issue. Well worth buying.