Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,138 of 1138

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. I been hanging in there as well. A.I. Tony is at least something, but holding on has been tough.
    It really is. I reluctantly bought the Generations issue and found myself halfheartedly skimming whenever RiRi spoke and only really read it when Tony spoke. I just don't care what she does or has to say.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

So, this has probably been asked 100 times before, but what are some good Iron Man stories for someone still relatively new to the character? Stark is a fascinating character, and I want to read more of his solo stuff outside the Avengers etc...
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    So, this has probably been asked 100 times before, but what are some good Iron Man stories for someone still relatively new to the character? Stark is a fascinating character, and I want to read more of his solo stuff outside the Avengers etc...
    I jumped on the Stark Train full time over the summer... Started with Warren Ellis' EXTREMIS and then moved to "Director of SHIELD." I had already read a lot of Fraction's run, which followed SHIELD, and that remains my favorite volume to date. I've also made it through a lot of Kurt Busiek's run from the 90's and it's very good.
    Ideas never die.

David Michelinie's run with Bob Layton and John Romita, Jr. is a must read and is pretty much the definitive Iron Man run. Also, Armor Wars I and II
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    David Michelinie's run with Bob Layton and John Romita, Jr. is a must read and is pretty much the definitive Iron Man run. Also, Armor Wars I and II
    I would also recommend Kurt Busiek's run (collected in omnibus format), Warren Ellis's run (Extremis), the Knauf run, and Matt Fraction's run (collected in Omnibus format).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would also recommend Kurt Busiek's run (collected in omnibus format), Warren Ellis's run (Extremis), the Knauf run, and Matt Fraction's run (collected in Omnibus format).
    Definitely. Those are excellent runs to get a hold of.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I jumped on the Stark Train full time over the summer... Started with Warren Ellis' EXTREMIS and then moved to "Director of SHIELD." I had already read a lot of Fraction's run, which followed SHIELD, and that remains my favorite volume to date. I've also made it through a lot of Kurt Busiek's run from the 90's and it's very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the recommendations guys!

I have been meaning for a while to delve deep into Iron Man lore. I kinda see Stark as a man who is deeply flawed, but always doing what he believed is right for the world. I want to see if that is a true image of the character, or just what I have guessed from the films/modern books
    Marvel: - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Hulk, The Mighty Captain Marvel, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain America: Steve Rodgers, Old Man Logan, The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, Gwenpool, Black Panther, The Ultimates2, Champions.

DC: -
    Super-Girl, Batwoman

Image: -
    Paper Girls.

My Comics Review Blog!

So, did anybody read the absolutely worthless Invincible Iron Man #11 ?
    Pulling:
    Marvel: Darth Vader, Doctor Strange, Moon Knight || DC: Batman, Deathstroke || Image: East Of West || Valiant: Ninjak, X-O Manowar

Trade Waiting:
    Image: Black Monday Murders, Seven To Eternity || DC: The Wild Storm, The Demon: Hell is Earth, Mr. Miracle || Marvel: Spirits of Vengeance

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    I do loath reading just how worthless an icon like MJ's become...and reduced to Tony's cheerleader of all people when he was largely responsible for all the crap that ruined the Spider-Marriage

Marvel are way more in love with the Renew Your Vows counterpart than they are with the mainline version too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I do loath reading just how worthless an icon like MJ's become...and reduced to Tony's cheerleader of all people when he was largely responsible for all the crap that ruined the Spider-Marriage

Marvel are way more in love with the Renew Your Vows counterpart than they are with the mainline version too.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, all the issue did was have Tony hit on MJ, her decline, and then talk about their alcoholic dads. She's really not a cheerleader here.

Back to the book, oh boy, where do I begin? I know Tony and Howard had a strained relationship, but tohave Tony flat out say that he "hated him" is a bit too much. Apart from that, you have the usual Ree-Ree shilling ("the new Queen of Latveria", "you handled that great", "Ironheart is a massive success", "his left boot's glitching and I know how to fix it"-8 YO RR) and a very tacky page where Tony hugs babies. Yeah, when he cannot sleep, he goes and hugs babies... Look, I get that Marvel's trying to turn everyone into a cookie cutter "heart of gold" hero with no baggage, but this is just... too much.

As for me, the real Tony is still Superior, and lost... somewhere. The current Tony is nothing more than a Skrull, or an LMD, or something. This is a worse era than Teen Tony at this point.
    Pulling:
    Marvel: Darth Vader, Doctor Strange, Moon Knight || DC: Batman, Deathstroke || Image: East Of West || Valiant: Ninjak, X-O Manowar

Trade Waiting:
    Image: Black Monday Murders, Seven To Eternity || DC: The Wild Storm, The Demon: Hell is Earth, Mr. Miracle || Marvel: Spirits of Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    Yup. It's great to know Tony hit on a model once and saved a young girl's life another time. Shocker lol.

The letter from Bendis was touching.
    Ideas never die.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. It's great to know Tony hit on a model once and saved a young girl's life another time. Shocker lol.

The letter from Bendis was touching.
    Good on that guy, but it's not a valid reason for Bendis to start self-inserting in Tony. Seriously, at this point he is just projecting. First he makes him a dicklet, then he retcons his parents, then he butchers his personality, then he gives him an apprentice that is just his (Bendis') daughter, and now to cap it off, he has him go around huggin babies? When he's tired?! The first part wouldn't have been so bad, since it does help in the baby's development, but to specify that he does it only when he's tired, crosses over to veeery creepy.

All in all, Bendis has done nothing but bring harm to the IM brand, and while there is a chance it'll all be retconned, the stain that is Ree-Ree will forever be with us... Maybe. She could always follow in Lila's footsteps. Maybe when Marvel's comics division does crash and burn they'll reconsider. But I guess Marvel's writers have more important things to do now than writting good stories, such as ganging up on people and beating them up...
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; Today at 02:49 AM.
    Pulling:

Trade Waiting: