Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Iron Man Appreciation: Welcome to the Iron Age

The Armored Avenger! Ol' Shellhead! This is the thread for the fans of the man who has everything! Welcome to the Iron Man Appreciation thread!

Stark Wars!!!

I approve of this thread.

Been a fan of Iron Man going on 10 years now. Have almost 300 Issues (including trades)

Fantastic Member

I love Iron Man. I just ordered arc reactor coasters for my house.

Default Iron Man Appreciation

He has been my favorite comic book character since I was 5 years old and I'm 38 now. To me he is the greatest and most interesting character in all of comics. From forming the Avengers to the Illuminati. He has been a very integral part of the MU. He's also a very flawed character. He's hubris gets him in trouble, but it also makes him push himself to make the world a better place. He's suffers from addiction, heart problems, depression, anxiety and was even paralyzed, but he keeps getting back up. Always the smartest guy in the room(or he always thinks he is!) Has created some of the greatest inventions and has back up plans for back up plans. This is the place to talk about your love for the greatest comic book character ever created(In my certainly unbiased opinion.) Let's discuss the man, the myth Tony Stark/Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-20-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    "I would call you a genius except I'm in the room." THE DOCTOR

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Ok, thats awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    LMAO! Me too. What's bad though is that I don't think I'm going to put drinks on them lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-29-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    LMAO! Me too What's bad though is that I don't think m going to put drinks on them lol.
    Hey bro! We have to keep this thread on the first page. Our fave hero hasn't been getting enough love lately!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hey bro! We have to keep this thread on the first page. Our fave hero hasn't been getting enough love lately!
    I know brother. You beat me to it as I made an Appreciation thread for Tony as well lol. I hope they merge it with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    I approve of this thread.

Been a fan of Iron Man going on 10 years now. Have almost 300 Issues (including trades)
    That's awesome. I almost have every issue of Iron Man. I had more, but Katrina did some work on my collection. Slowly, but surely I'm getting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    That's awesome. I almost have every issue of Iron Man. I had more, but Katrina did some work on my collection. Slowly, but surely I'm getting it back.
    I have a pretty good run of Iron Man comics, there are some gaps but I think it's safe to say it approaching 400 issues. I also have the Michelinie/Layton Omnibus as well as the Extremis over-sized HC. I think I'll tally up all my Iron Man comics to see exactly how many I have.

Fantastic Member

Good afternoon , Been a big fan of Iron man . I have all the series from Volume one issue 1 May 1968 till now . All variants covers till issue 500 series. I decided to stop collecting variants cause of the amount on covers and cost . Got all his one shots and mini series . Must be near 800 books , plus a few spin off series like Marvel action hour , war machine things like that . Even read every copy . I been watching for a T O S 39 but never seem to been able to save up enough for one . Would love to get a Ominbus or statue , but will have to settle for Marvel select figure .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Good afternoon , Been a big fan of Iron man . I have all the series from Volume one issue 1 May 1968 till now . All variants covers till issue 500 series. I decided to stop collecting variants cause of the amount on covers and cost . Got all his one shots and mini series . Must be near 800 books , plus a few spin off series like Marvel action hour , war machine things like that . Even read every copy . I been watching for a T O S 39 but never seem to been able to save up enough for one . Would love to get a Ominbus or statue , but will have to settle for Marvel select figure .

Hey dude and welcome to the thread. Get the Michelinie/Layton/Romita Jr omnibus if you can. It's well worth it. And that is one huge Iron man collection you have, impressive! I think I may have a little over 4oo issues plus the Extremis oversized HC and the Omni. I have one Iron Man action figure I haven't been impressed with many of his however. They're too gadgety.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Fantastic Member

Thanks , I will have to look into that omnibus . How did you enjoy the Extremis director cut series ? Yah I agree will you on the action figures . I seem a life size bust at a lcs but they wanted a grand for it . It was impressive .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Thanks , I will have to look into that omnibus . How did you enjoy the Extremis director cut series ? Yah I agree will you on the action figures . I seem a life size bust at a lcs but they wanted a grand for it . It was impressive .
    Whoops! Sorry for not responding sooner! I didn't get the director's cut for Extremis. Was it much different than the regular series?

And in the latest Avengers, once again Tony is made the sole scapegoat again. Steve has every right to be upset but he's taking it all out on Tony.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!