Page 839 of 839 FirstFirst ... 339739789829835836837838839
Results 12,571 to 12,577 of 12577
    Militant Anti-Villain..

Jesus...condolences.
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...

I just want to thank you all for your kind words. And please if you have any friends or family involved in some mess they shouldn't be do everything you can to make them stop.

Militant Anti-Villain..

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Longtime no see all. Work and bills have kept me away. Really wish I could've returned under cheerier circumstances but life is what is. Yesterday, which in a fucked up coincidence was my birthday, my god-brother killed by the police. Shot eight times by a cop who "feared for his life." Now I won't lie my god-brother had poor judgement at times, made some real dumbass choices and fell in with a rough crowd in his late teen years but was always a good guy. I've lost a friend before but this instance may hurt even more since my god-brother and I have known each other going all the way back to grade school. It's messed up how different we grew up to be but he deserved more than this. He died in front of his younger brother and left a son behind.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/names-d...eased/33983574
    None of that means he gets to get gunned down in the street This is happening too much.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know I can't remember the last time I saw a corrupt cop in DC comics. Not even in Batman.
    There was Jim Corrigan several years back. He was the one who killed Crispus Allen which led to him becoming the Spectre and then not doing much except getting beat up. A real waste to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    To me it says-Marvel wants a version that is friendly to EVERYBODY without stepping on some toes.
    While she wanted to do a version that will be for everybody while stepping on some toes-HARD.

As for her honestly-it makes her look better because if the version we get is a Steel or worst Catwoman-she comes out looking great (and right) and stirs up a desire to see HER version of BP-in a possible reboot.
    Agreed; but that is worrying. If Marvel's focus is more on the marketing/reaction than the story... I know that makes me sound delusion, OF COURSE they care about the profit; but use a smaller budget then. Take a bigger risk and use a smaller budget. A film has no guarantee of success, so it's better to go for it and fail than play it safe... and end up failing anyway.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Olivier. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Turing. We are Leonardo, Lincoln, Lorca. We are Alexander the Great. Controversially we are Malcolm X. And yes, we are Woolf."

Militant Anti-Villain..

Honestly..and I agree with you..all they got to do is play the character straight with no shortcuts. He and his world has enough going for it to make a hell of a film.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed; but that is worrying. If Marvel's focus is more on the marketing/reaction than the story... I know that makes me sound delusion, OF COURSE they care about the profit; but use a smaller budget then. Take a bigger risk and use a smaller budget. A film has no guarantee of success, so it's better to go for it and fail than play it safe... and end up failing anyway.
    I think we have gotten into this case of everything has to be Michael Bay way of spending.

I would rather a 70-100 million budget be used to make 4-5 good-decent Marvel films versus one big flop ala Green Lantern.

I'm just tired of the excuses when it comes to nonwhite male heroes.

A 30 million BP movie that makes 90 million is still a success and takes away the excuse of we can't do minority films.

You can not water down BP. Africa is part of him no matter what anyone says.