Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A Toast to Marcel Gerard, The Originalsí Unapologetically Black Vampire King

http://www.themarysue.com/the-origin...-gerard-toast/
    "It may not have been black girl magic, but that scene made me feel so damn powerful. I need more of that."

"Hopefully, heíll continue to do what heís done so many times before and survive. I need him to."

Yeesh. I can only imagine the article she'll write if this dude dies.

I want the real patriot no some "all new", i want the young avengers one.

They will probably do the same thing the did with Quasar, dont explain where Wendell has been since whenever and just re-introduce him to pass the mantle, blew i dont like that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

They will probably do the same thing the did with Quasar, dont explain where Wendell has been since whenever and just re-introduce him to pass the mantle, blew i dont like that.
    I have a question. Why does he have a goblin glider?

EDIT: By the way, did any of you ever find out what happened to Norman Osborn after he got his face surgically reconstructed?
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 03-17-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm seven episodes into Iron Fist and my biggest complaint is that the Mechums are the worst villains/antagonists we've had to date.

Tho I have to give the elder Meachum credit for being pretty entertaining.

But the show is pretty enjoyable and nowhere near
    as bad as the reviewers claimed.

But all the prior series had a strong performance by the villain.

Heck Cage had three great heavies, if you count Mariah( and you like Diamondback's act).
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 03-17-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm seven episodes into Iron Fist and my biggest complaint is that the Mechums are the worst villains/antagonists we've had to date.

That may be because that's not the role they play in this story.
    They're not villains. They may be bad people, but they're not villains. Harold made some terrible life choices that empower the actual villains, and he's clearly an evil guy, but he's not the villain.
    Even Ward is just another victim.

The role for all three Meachums in this story is to be both roadblocks and allies to Iron Fist, and to be some more examples of parental abuse.

I'm only one episode ahead of you, so I don't know if this changes later on.
    Last edited by Carabas; 03-18-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Heck Cage had three great heavies, if you count Mariah( and you like Diamondback's act).
    Dude, really? I'm actually enjoying the heck out of the Meachums! Honestly, I thought they would be the stereotypical villains, but around episode 4, things really turned around and they became more complex. I'm definitely feeling for Ward here!

I agree with you, the series is not as bad as the reviewers claimed. Now, the fight scenes could be better. And it's weird hearing Danny use all of these Buddhist sayings and practices. Believe me, everything he's said and done is real, but the context that they're being used is a little off. It almost approaches fortune cookieism. HOWEVER, I'm still digging this series. Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, and the rest of the actors really portray their respective characters well. Finished with episode 6 and looking forward to the rest of the season!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Dude, really? I'm actually enjoying the heck out of the Meachums! Honestly, I thought they would be the stereotypical villains, but around episode 4, things really turned around and they became more complex. I'm definitely feeling for Ward here!

I agree with you, the series is not as bad as the reviewers claimed. Now, the fight scenes could be better. And it's weird hearing Danny use all of these Buddhist sayings and practices. Believe me, everything he's said and done is real, but the context that they're being used is a little off. It almost approaches fortune cookieism. HOWEVER, I'm still digging this series. Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, and the rest of the actors really portray their respective characters well. Finished with episode 6 and looking forward to the rest of the season!
    I started watching the show last night and must say that it's not the train wreck critics painted it out to be.

I like the characterizations so far but feel that the show doesn't really have a clearly delineated tone as of yet.

Madam Gao remains my favourite characters so far as one has no choice but to respect her undisputed level of menace.

Madam Gao is hard core.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post

Word on the street is there is some sort of legal trouble with the Bradley family. Eli's been gone since forever and had a planned role in Young Avengers vol. 2 cut by editorial. A cameo of him as a photo in Age of Ultron was also inexplicably removed and replaced with one of Ms. America for unknown reasons. Josiah X hasn't been seen either and was notably absent from War Machines' funeral (where they even remembered to include Kasper Cole of all people), and another writer (whose name escapes me) had said he couldn't use Josiah because of "complicated reasons." Isaiah was also conspicuously absent from all the Captain America legacy and anniversary stuff they were doing last year, even when they were doing features on all the different people who have used the Cap name over the years.

Rumor was that Robert Morales or his estate had a legal beef with Marvel, and that all the Bradleys were put on ice as a result.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That may be because that's not the role they play in this story.
    They're not villains. They may be bad people, but they're not villains. Harold made some terrible life choices that empower the actual villains, and he's clearly an evil guy, but he's not the villain.
    Even Ward is just another victim.

The role for all three Meachums in this story is to be both roadblocks and allies to Iron Fist, and to be some more examples of parental abuse.

I'm only one episode ahead of you, so I don't know if this changes later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I started watching the show last night and must say that it's not the train wreck critics painted it out to be.

I like the characterizations so far but feel that the show doesn't really have a clearly delineated tone as of yet.

Madam Gao remains my favourite characters so far as one has no choice but to respect her undisputed level of menace.

Madam Gao is hard core.
    I am not very far in yet but the story is still missing a "signature" moment of some sort. A moment to make you go, "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit." DD hallway scene in S1, first introduction ot the punisher in the hospital/rooftop scene in S2, Cage's Attuck's speech and then subsequent break into ft knox in LC, that kid in JJ murkin her parents...

Each of those were early in the season and MADE you pay attention. I am at the point in IF, waiting for something like that to happen.

And yeah... villains aint even close to on the level of Fisk, Kilgrave, Punisher, and Cottonmouth. Im leaving the later villains ot of it (Diamondback, the Hand) just because im still early in the show. but those shows had you thinking about the villain EARLY. Right now, im just kinda like "meh" about the Meachums.

And while I do not believe IF is on the same level as the other shows yet... the reviews were ridiculously unfair. The casting controversy 100% ruined a lot fo these reviews and obviously affected them more than they should. I won't blame FANS or normies for letting that ruin the show... but professional reviewers should be, well, professional. They should be able to judge what is in front of them without bias. That is there job lol

While most folks are talking about what's going on in front of the camera, it's worth mentioning that RZA directed episode six.

I wonder if IRON FIST's problem with villains stems from the character's lack of great villains in the comics.

I mean, his best Big Bad is Master Khan, but the character never lived up to the promise of his first IF arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I wonder if IRON FIST's problem with villains stems from the character's lack of great villains in the comics.

I mean, his best Big Bad is Master Khan, but the character never lived up to the promise of his first IF arc.
    Aint like cottonmouth or diamondback are comic greats

On Episode 4 of Iron Fist and who do I see? REV. REUBEN GREGORY! Loved watching "Amen" growing up.

Mighty Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Madam Gao is hard core.
    I've watched the entire series now and I still feel like they never established a clear tone to the show.

As for the reviewers I'm pretty sure the negative reviews are mostly from the opinions of people who are casual fans of these shows. People who are really into Marvel comics are obviously going to like this show better but from a mainstream kind of outlook this show, especially the first half, would be quite boring.

And yeah, Madame Gao is definitely one of the best characters on the show and by far the best villain.

Yeah, Iron Fist doesn't draw me in the way the other shows did, but it's not as bad as the first two seasons of Agents of Shield.