Snake eyes vs Stormshadow Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While most folks are talking about what's going on in front of the camera, it's worth mentioning that RZA directed episode six.
    Yeeeeah, but Episode 6 was really bad. Bro should have done an Alan Smithee with that one. The pacing was bad, the choreography was awkwardly shot, and the delivery of the dialogue screamed "first shot take!" The two best things about that episode was the opening sequence with the dude singing "Take on me," and spoilers:
    Madame Gao.
    end of spoilers.

I mean, it takes a real lack of something to make spoilers:
    Bride of Nine Spiders seem like a generic goth girl.
    end of spoilers
    I didnít stand a chance. This girl had a grin like a razor,
    and the confidence of a shark in a swimming lane.
    If she said to jump, Iíd ask how high? And how far to fall?
    It wasnít because she was pretty; it was because she was a killer.
    And you just canít say no to a killer.

Snake eyes vs Stormshadow Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I wonder if IRON FIST's problem with villains stems from the character's lack of great villains in the comics.

I mean, his best Big Bad is Master Khan, but the character never lived up to the promise of his first IF arc.
    Nah, Immortal Iron Fist had fantastic villains and opponents. Bride of Nine Spiders, Fat Cobra, Zhao Cheng, Steel Serpent, Crane Mother, to name a few. It was an embarrassment of fucking awesome. I wish that comic was still going.
    I didnít stand a chance. This girl had a grin like a razor,
    and the confidence of a shark in a swimming lane.
    If she said to jump, Iíd ask how high? And how far to fall?
    It wasnít because she was pretty; it was because she was a killer.
    And you just canít say no to a killer.

BANNED

I think the problem with Iron Fist is well... Iron Fist.

In this dumbed down novice state theybare using.... hes just not interesting.

I enjoyy comic iron fist when hes at the top of his game fighting other people at the top of theirs.

Not... this.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think the problem with Iron Fist is well... Iron Fist.

In this dumbed down novice state theybare using.... hes just not interesting.

I enjoyy comic iron fist when hes at the top of his game fighting other people at the top of theirs.

Not... this.
    Agreed. I'm in the middle of ep 5 but I think Danny's portrayal is the weak link. I've never seen Finn Jones in anything else (never cared for Game of Thrones) so I don't know if its him or the director's choice or some combination of the two...but a childlike Danny with essentially the mind of a 10 year old...I don't know. I too would have liked to have seen Danny at the top of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    On Episode 4 of Iron Fist and who do I see? REV. REUBEN GREGORY! Loved watching "Amen" growing up.
    Clifton Davis? That's my Mama Clifton Davis? Was he the guy on the in the board meeting when Danny came in talking about not charging for the drug? I didn't even recognize him... Now that you mention it, this is the first Netflix Marvel without a brotha cutting through most of the episodes. No Vonde Curtis-Hall or Royce Johnson type role in this. At least as far as I've gotten, I've been pulled away from it missing pieces of it but I'm up to 8 or 9 I believe. It's NCAA tourney time so.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Clifton Davis? That's my Mama Clifton Davis? Was he the guy on the in the board meeting when Danny came in talking about not charging for the drug? I didn't even recognize him... Now that you mention it, this is the first Netflix Marvel without a brotha cutting through most of the episodes. No Vonde Curtis-Hall or Royce Johnson type role in this. At least as far as I've gotten, I've been pulled away from it missing pieces of it but I'm up to 8 or 9 I believe. It's NCAA tourney time so.
    Yes one in the same. I recognized him instantly. He's older and thinner but its him.

First poster for The Dark Tower with Idris Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While most folks are talking about what's going on in front of the camera, it's worth mentioning that RZA directed episode six.

I had forgotten he was even involved with the show

Aint like cottonmouth or diamondback are comic greats
    But the writers of the CAGE series may've found it easier to adapt them for the purpose of the series, because C & D were more like standard comicbook villains.

It's maybe a little harder to work with types like Master Khan, the Ninja, Steel Serpent, etc., so they just went with a businessman baddie, to keep the focus on Danny's difficulties in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah he pulls off a few scenes in the beginning against the mental hospital goons but against any other martial artist he seems awkward at best. His katas are just bad.
    If they wanted a white Iron Fist, they could have at least gotten a decent martial artist. I would have loved if they got Christian Howard for the role. He is a frequent collaborator with Joey Ansah and played the role of Ken in street fighter assassin's fist. He can act, and he is a legitimate martial artist.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Agreed. But if what I've read elsewhere is true, the dude only had 6 weeks of training. They should've given him more time, or found someone with a stunt background to play the character. Or actually given Iron Fist a costume so a stuntman could take his place during action sequences. Or...something. All I know is the lackluster action on a show starring a kick ass kung fu master character is...disappointing, to say the least.
    Or given the role to someone like Christian Howard. I am going to keep saying this. Dude would have made a great Iron Fist as he has actual skills

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    First poster for The Dark Tower with Idris Elba.

I like it.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

I am not very far in yet but the story is still missing a "signature" moment of some sort. A moment to make you go, "oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit." DD hallway scene in S1, first introduction ot the punisher in the hospital/rooftop scene in S2, Cage's Attuck's speech and then subsequent break into ft knox in LC, that kid in JJ murkin her parents...

Each of those were early in the season and MADE you pay attention. I am at the point in IF, waiting for something like that to happen.

And yeah... villains aint even close to on the level of Fisk, Kilgrave, Punisher, and Cottonmouth. Im leaving the later villains ot of it (Diamondback, the Hand) just because im still early in the show. but those shows had you thinking about the villain EARLY. Right now, im just kinda like "meh" about the Meachums.

And while I do not believe IF is on the same level as the other shows yet... the reviews were ridiculously unfair. The casting controversy 100% ruined a lot fo these reviews and obviously affected them more than they should. I won't blame FANS or normies for letting that ruin the show... but professional reviewers should be, well, professional. They should be able to judge what is in front of them without bias. That is there job lol
    Agreed 100%.

Unfortunately, Danny Rand is the weak link in this show.

They should have picked a better actor actually versed in Martial arts.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

Anyone here play the elder scrolls games?

Hmm...BET will actually get me to watch something for the first time in years (other than The New Edition story lol)
    All Lives Matter is right up there with Let Them Eat Cake. --Samax Amen

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia