Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott cast in live action Aladdin.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/variety...202496767/amp/

I will say this. Even if we don't get any Power Rangers sequels at least some of the actors will get more work
    People on twitter are complaining about her casting....that she isn't dark enough

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    People on twitter are complaining about her casting....that she isn't dark enough
    Some people are never satisfied.

Covering the new issue of GQ

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Covering the new issue of GQ

I saw him at two panels and each time the packed crowd popped huge especially the Disney Video Game panel when he came out for Battlefront 2, it was like those clips of the Beatles getting off the plane and the crowd was going nuts

A Jewish restaurant was attacked in Toronto last night. Its one I go to frequently so this is scary

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott cast in live action Aladdin.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/variety...202496767/amp/
    They've not started shooting or anything yet but Naomi Scott doesn't grab me on first glance as Arabic. These Disney live-action reboots are going to sell themselves on concept alone. It's in the bonus if some actor one might be into finds their way into a lead role. That said, CLEARLY Disney went for a marginal Arabic look for this casting. Really both of them. I'm no expert on Disney animated movies but Aladdin and The Lion King are two that I, like many people I feel, have seen multiple times since their release. There is strong familiarity with this movie. I work at a hospital, I know what Middle Easterners look like. The animated Princess Jasmine looks more ethnic than this live-action one. This isn't as brazen as the Sunspot casting but this ain't far back.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    They've not started shooting or anything yet but Naomi Scott doesn't grab me on first glance as Arabic. These Disney live-action reboots are going to sell themselves on concept alone. It's in the bonus if some actor one might be into finds their way into a lead role. That said, CLEARLY Disney went for a marginal Arabic look for this casting. Really both of them. I'm no expert on Disney animated movies but Aladdin and The Lion King are two that I, like many people I feel, have seen multiple times since their release. There is strong familiarity with this movie. I work at a hospital, I know what Middle Easterners look like. The animated Princess Jasmine looks more ethnic than this live-action one. This isn't as brazen as the Sunspot casting but this ain't far back.

She is half indian I believe.

A Jewish restaurant was attacked in Toronto last night. Its one I go to frequently so this is scary
    Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that.
    The place was vandalized and smashed up.....anti semitic attacks are becoming more brazen....and it scares me to say it but I think many people see it as a protest against Israel and therefore justified.....that's not how this works and its just an anti-Semitic attack

Really sorry to hear that, stay safe

During the Ducktales panel yesterday the creative team mentioned that a lot of the ducks will represent different nationalities like Finton/Gizmoduck voiced by Lin-Manuel Miranda is Cuban and in his character design he is a darker shade

Astonishing Member

I wonder if it even occurred to Disney to got the dubbing route for the singing roles?

That is what they usually do in Bollywood. The sexy characters and the voices that come out of them during the musical parts are usually done by
    two separate set of actors. Priyanka Chopra seems to been one of the exceptional Bollywood actress that could act and sing.

Other than her age, I don't know why Disney didn't just get Priyanka Chopra to play Jasmine.

They used to do singing voice dubbing in Golden Age of MGM musicals too (I'm thinking GiGi or My Fair Lady specifically and possibly West Side Story).

I also have to say given how much Disney deliberately made the animated characters in Aladdin look ethic, its weird and slightly disappointing to see them go the other route for its live action version. Particularly when casting unknowns.

If they had made Ariana Grande Princess Jasmine at least they would have had an excuse, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    During the Ducktales panel yesterday the creative team mentioned that a lot of the ducks will represent different nationalities like Finton/Gizmoduck voiced by Lin-Manuel Miranda is Cuban and in his character design he is a darker shade
    I was about to question why ducks would have ethnicities but then I remembered Scrooge is Scottish lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wonder if it even occurred to Disney to got the dubbing route for the singing roles?

That is what they usually do in Bollywood. The sexy characters and the voices that come out of them during the musical parts are usually done by
    two separate set of actors. Priyanka Chopra seems to been one of the exceptional Bollywood actress that could act and sing.

Other than her age, I don't know why Disney didn't just get Priyanka Chopra to play Jasmine.

They used to do singing voice dubbing in Golden Age of MGM musicals too (I'm thinking GiGi or My Fair Lady specifically and possibly West Side Story).

I also have to say given how much Disney deliberately made the animated characters in Aladdin look ethic, its weird and slightly disappointing to see them go the other route for its live action version. Particularly when casting unknowns.

If they had made Ariana Grande Princess Jasmine at least they would have had an excuse, sort of.

They have in the animated side with Lion King being a example but I think they wanted a name actress for Jasmine

I was about to question why ducks would have ethnicities but then I remembered Scrooge is Scottish lol.

In the clip they showed Tennant is have a blast voicing Scrouge And the voice actress for Mrs. Beasley subscribes to the Michelle O'Bama arms workout
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 07-17-2017 at 08:56 AM.

The place was vandalized and smashed up.....anti semitic attacks are becoming more brazen....and it scares me to say it but I think many people see it as a protest against Israel and therefore justified.....that's not how this works and its just an anti-Semitic attack
    Hmm i will soon be traveling to Toronto for work and i will stay for a few months, my question is has this crime increased and do you think Toronro is less safe? I am asking as a brown South American.